I called to remove HBO and the Sports Package from my programming a few weeks ago. I received my bill today and there was a mysterious charge of $5.00 for a "non-recurring" event.

I called customer service and was informed the fee was a "service change" fee that is assessed when you make a change in your programming. I was NEVER informed of this fee upfront. I was NEVER given an option of avoiding the fee or told that it would ever cost me to change my programming. By the end of the conversation, I had cancelled ALL Comcast television service.

My internet service cost went from $34/month to $63 because I cancelled the television portion.

I will shop for another provider. COMCAST IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Service.

Comments

If you want to save money on your Comcast bill call 877-824-2288 and ask to speak to the RETENTION Department. They will give you promotions and discounts that no other department can give you.

The promos generally last for 6 months so you have to callback every 6 months. It is worth the trouble because you can get discounts of 25-50%

#420725

Same thing here. I called to drop HBO after the 3 month free offer.

I got hit with a $5.00 'service charge'. I called customer no-service and spoke with a woman who was adamant it was justified.

Only after getting a supervisor involved did I get it removed-yet the no-service rep clung to her 'it was a justified charge' spiel.

Horrible display of how to value-or not value-your customer. I've replaced them in my house.

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN 8) :grin :p

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.