I used to work for Comcast for 4 years in the NE. Be advised their internal attitude toward consumers is "they can't touch us".

Comcast management, especially the Roberts, know they have more money and lawyers than any customer. When they say they will work on an issue, it goes into a dead letter file. Their people are taught to confuse and obfuscate. They love it when someone threatens to sue because there is nothing you can do to them.

Change service, don't use them, badmouth them whenever you can. It's all you can do. If you work for them, their HR Department is instructed to look for anything and everything they can place in an employee file which they can use later when firing. There is also no secret in the company that when there are public hearings Comcast hires people to sit in the audience and take the corporate line.

This was recently a story in the Boston Globe when they were caught, and their legal department didn't even flinch. Remember, your complaints to Comcast go absolutely nowhere and they are not interested in doing anything to resolve them. The company mantra is "we can outlast and outspend anyone in any dispute".

Be warned, and spread the word.

Comments

very unhappy with this company, when i first called them for service they were so helpful in getting me set up, they emailed me a contract i signed electronically on line, there technician hooked up my service a few days later, and the problems started there. the tech.

did a very sloppy job, left wires hanging everywhere, hooked up my cable box backwards, i had to get another tech. out to make wiring repairs, my contract stated that my total reoccuring monthly bill would be $72.85, and was under a 2 year agreement. my first monthly bill was $112.85. that took me an hour on the phone to straighten out.

then we are a commercial account and require our entire legal name on our statement or it effects business license with the state. comcast said that they couldnt fit our entire name on our statement, and would in no way type up a letter head stating our business relationship. my business license is being held up because of their lack of concern for their customers.

when i told them if i couldnt provide the needed documents to state i would be forced to use a different supplier, he immediately transfered me to the disconnect dept. hows that for customer apprrecation?

Being in the business world all my life with the last 20 as a senior executive, it amazes me how poorly run they are especially in customer service. If I treated my customers the way they treat me, I would have been fired.

Actually I would have fired myself!They are the worst in the country so, I will be leaving them and saving money each month. Get a life Comcast!

to BobMcinSC #588639

LOL

They need to be shut down period. Their customer service is completely worthless.

Nothing but a bunch of liars. I will spend every waking moment of my life either until they fix everything or remove everything and set me back up with my old phone company.

By the way I have only been dealing with them for 2 weeks. Let everyone know not to ever deal with them again.

to Totally discusted new comcast Waterford Township, Michigan, United States #627376

These are the most impossible, horrible people to deal with. Since 11/29/12 I have spoken to 11 people trying to fix my bill.

They say I owe them money for months I didn't have their service. Of all of these people only 1 has helped me and they refuse to let me speak to him. They refuse to transfer my calls to an English speaking person.I recently (3/21/13) spent an hour and a half trying to get my service reconnected. I had a payment schedule to pay one last payment or my service would be suspended.

Keep in mind all of this trouble began in their own billing department. I was told unless it was paid service would be off. I immediately came home from work on 3/21 to pay bill. I turned on the TV and, guess what, it was off.

To make a long story short 1 1/2 hours later they say I owe them $132.

I wish Comcast would lose there license so no one would have to deal with them. I hate this company :x

Incompetence is rampant in the customer service and technical service departments. We would NOT use them if we had a choice.

The technician who came to set up our telephone and cable service was unable to set up one of the cable connections (bad box) and he made no attempt to fix it. He also spent 2 hours in my home without a clue how to set up the phone system (note - the previous owner had used comcast and had a landline). Eventually my husband went to the crawl space and made the phone connection. The tech was dumbfounded.

We just spent 2 hours on the phone and computer with their customer service. The phone technician was late. They had assured me I would be compensated $20 if the tech was late. Instead, they want to charge me $15 to have someone come and connect the cable that was never accurately connected.

In our conversations we were transferred to 8 different people. The phone issue was resolved (after the initial Comcast representative had me switch a cable to the wrong port) and finally someone said they would send us a working box for our second television. 2 hours of my life I will NEVER get back. One person hung up, one person chose to be very rude, several people were absolutely clueless as to how to remedy the issue.

Comcast says customer service is first, but when I had the follow-up call - I could only comment on the last person (who resolved the issue) not the other 6 incompetent representatives. I do not believe they care about customer satisfaction. That is just lip service.

They know we have no choice. I only wish they had competition in our area.

comcast is *** up. They are the worst ***. dont use them.

what I have done and still am doing is, BAD MOUTH, NEGITVE CAMPAIGN. GET A BUNCH OF ADDRESSES TO HAVE THEIR COMCAST CANCELLED, OR BETTER YET DON'T PAY YOUR BILL, SAY HEY I DON'T TO PAY YOU FOR YOUR *** NONSERVICE, THEN THEY WILL SHUT IT OFF!

WELL IF EVERONE DID THAT FOR WEEKS AT A TIME, THEY WOULD BE JUST DISCONNECTING THEIR NONSERVICE ON A CONSTANT BASIS, CUTTING THEIR OWN THROATS, AS DESERVED. THEY REALLY BELIEV THEY HAVE US UNDER THIER THUMB, GUESS AGAIN, CAUSE COMCAST, YOU SUCK, YOU ARE A BOTTOM FEEDED,THEY WILL BE PULLLING THEIR OWN PLUG!!!THEIR PLUG... IT'S EASY, TO TLL COMCAST GO AHEAD SHUT IF OFF, I DON'T CARE. AND IETHER DOES ANYONE ELSE I KNOW.

i'M CIRCULATING THESE COMPLAINTS AROUND TOWN TO THE COMCAST OFFICES, SO ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE WILL PARTICIPATE. SEE IF THEY RECOGNIZE THEIR OWN METHOD OF TEACHING.

BOYCOY COMCAST!! THEMORE PEOPLE WHO SIMPLE SUT THEM OFF THE BETTEROUR CUSTOMERS DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU EITHER AND WE WILL NO LONGER HAVE YOU AS A NONSERVICE NONPROVDER.

SO BYE BYE, WIIL YOU MISS ALL YOUR MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS?? OH WELL MAYBE THEN YOU WILL REMEMBER THAT ALL YOUR CUSTOMERS EQUAL ALL YOUR DOLLARS...

SAY BY BY TO YOUR MONEY. MAN ARE CORPERATIONS ***.

FILE A FRAUD COMPLAINT THEY ARE NOT LARGER AND DO NOT HAVE AS MANY LAWYERS OR RESOURCES AS THE GOVERNMENT.