My goal was simple: set up internet at a new house where, unfortunately, Comcast is the monopoly provider.
The nightmare starts from there.
- First they got my a/c name wrong. Then got my installation fee wrong.
Lesson: Don't call the numbers. Go to the office and deal with real person. Or at least use text live chat. Don't give them chance to mess up. Once the mess was created, endless troubles are all yours.
- And, of course they charge me for renting their modem, 10 dollars/month.
I went to the office, returned the modem.
- In order to register my own modem, I made the mistake to call again. And not surprisingly, the person took the wrong model or serial or whatever number. My internet couldn't be used. Though I was paying for it.
- They sent technician. Two days later. Another charge of 70 dollars. Technician told me the registration number was wrong.
- Took more than 10 calls, online chats, 1 office visit, to correct my account holder's name, wrong charge of fees. Call centers could be India, could be Philippines, and they are not on same page about info needed to solve problems of my account.
Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Installation.
Reason of review: Poor customer service.
Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.
Comcast Cons: Messed up process management.