Little Rock, Arkansas

I subscribed to Comcast for about 17 years. I frequently experienced problems with my reception, poor service, and my bill was getting higher.

I live in a fourplex now. About three years ago I decided to change to AT&T Uverse, a couple of days later a Comcast technician came out and cut my cable. One end was wrapped behind another cord about 15 feet up and the other was laying on the ground. I didn't complain at that time.

Two years later I have DirectTV. I came home one night to find that my TV was not receiving a satellite signal. I went outside to find that my cables had been cut again. Several cables were scattered around the yard along with a piece of siding torn down.

I talked to my neighbor next door and discovered that Comcast had come out that day to install her cable. I spent hours on the phone with Comcast trying to get a supervisor to complain. The only contact I could make with a Comcast representative was with service techs outside the country! Several techs did advise that even though their technician cut the line, Comcast would not be the ones to repair it!

What a racket!

Now I have to wait 10 days to get DirectTV to come out and repair Comcast's vandalism! I would have liked to think it would be an option for me to return to Comcast...but it ain't happening now!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Service.

• Comcast vandalism

Comments

I'm doing my own battle with Comcast right now, so I feel your pain.

I had a similar situation when I switched from Comcast to DirecTV a few years ago. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long for DTV to fix it. The tech told me that they (DTV) use Comcast's wiring, so, like it or not, I guess Comcast is within their rights to clip it. It's amazing to me that a tech would go out of their way to do this, and I'm sure it was done out of spite.

I just switched from Comcast to AT&T Uverse, and the ATT tech told me the same thing (about using Comcast's wiring), so I suspect I'll lose reception and have to get ATT out to my apartment building soon.