Houston, Texas

I started with Comcast in Aug of 2009. Initially I ordered a DVR box for the living room, and a regular box for my daughter's room. The technician shows up at about 8PM and informs me that there is no cable connection in my daughter's room. I told him to take the box back, leaving the main one was fine. Three months later when $300 of *** charges show up on my bill, from one of the TWO boxes I'm being billed for, I call Comcast. It's been over 3 months and the fee for the non-existent box, plus the movies ordered from that box is still on my bill. I get fed up after speaking with customer service reps, their managers and the managers manangers and cancel the service. I was then called and told that they were reversing these charges; AFTER I cancel service. In the meantime, I get a $1,000 + bill for the past due *** charges, the dvr box and remote I have yet to drop off, but plan to and the box and remote I never had in the first place.

I may have gone back after they reversed charges, but the fact that they could not get it together on the final bill infuriates me. I can't get a dish signal and ATT uverse is not offered where I live. I'm so screwed.

Any brilliant ideas other than converter box and rabbit ears???

Comments

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went bankrupt because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

We have got to be crazy if we thing these posts will do anything. National Pull the Plug on Comcast Day is 3/13/10 - it's the co-founder's 90th birthday. Let the feel it where it hurts -- in the pocket.

We can complain until we are blue in the face. Comcast knows it does not have to do anything.

They have racked up over $4k in property damage caused by a contractor. I plan to do pull my comcast plug on March 13, 2010 (co-founder's 90th birth).

We had the same problems with Comcast for many years... $200 + per month!

Horible customer service... many complaints etc. Couldn't get the ATT Uverse thing either because it's not available yet. We had Dish Network come out and they said they couldn't get a signal.

We then tried Direct TV and they got a signal.

I think we lucked out and found a serviceman who was willing to actually "try". We cancelled Comcast immediately and haven't had a problem since.

Try Verizon. They've gotta at least be somewhat better than Comcast.