COMCAST SECURITY ISSUES

I attempted to log into my mom's Comcast account with her login information of the past 7 years, to find we could log in as a guest only to access email, not account information.

I attempted to login from MY phone, thinking it was a computer problem, it was not. I then called Comcast from HER phone.

Upon reaching an agent from HER phone, we were given this information:

A completely foreign user name.

No record of ANY account changes for this to have taken place.

No requests for change/additions to service at this address of 7 years.

The agent asked me if I was my mothers step-daughter who has never lived with her.

BUT IT GETS BETTER!

The agent asked me about someone named W S, this man lived with ME over 10 years ago, at a different address in a different town and NEVER lived with my mother.

I also have not lived with my mother, or had ANY mutual bills, accounts, debts, loans, etc., in 25 years!

So, her account info has been changed without anyone's knowledge or explanation. They had information on accounts for 2 people that have not resided near or with my mother and her husband, during or before the activation of any Comcast account and services, and I have to ask, HOW DO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS GET TANGLED WITH OTHERS OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT NAMES, ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND NEVER HAVING THE SAME RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES?

This reviewer shared experience about "security breach" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Comcast. The most disappointing about comcast account from Comcast was disregard for their customers and untrained personnel Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Comcast.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Comcast to other companies on our site.

Comments