COMCAST SECURITY ISSUES

I attempted to log into my mom's Comcast account with her login information of the past 7 years, to find we could log in as a guest only to access email, not account information.

I attempted to login from MY phone, thinking it was a computer problem, it was not. I then called Comcast from HER phone.

Upon reaching an agent from HER phone, we were given this information:

A completely foreign user name.

No record of ANY account changes for this to have taken place.

No requests for change/additions to service at this address of 7 years.

The agent asked me if I was my mothers step-daughter who has never lived with her.

BUT IT GETS BETTER!

The agent asked me about someone named W S, this man lived with ME over 10 years ago, at a different address in a different town and NEVER lived with my mother.

I also have not lived with my mother, or had ANY mutual bills, accounts, debts, loans, etc., in 25 years!

So, her account info has been changed without anyone's knowledge or explanation. They had information on accounts for 2 people that have not resided near or with my mother and her husband, during or before the activation of any Comcast account and services, and I have to ask, HOW DO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS GET TANGLED WITH OTHERS OF PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT NAMES, ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND NEVER HAVING THE SAME RESIDENTIAL ADDRESSES?

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Account.

Reason of review: Security breach.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Disregard for their customers, Employees not qualified.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 23, 2015.

Comments