Columbus, Ohio

I googled "Comcast Boston" and saw an ad "Comcast Xfinity Triple Play for $99/month!". I called the associated number and the person who answered asked if I was interested in starting Xfinity service.

These reps do not verbally identify themselves as a third party vendor. It sounds like you're speaking directly with Comcast. They request a credit card number to ship the required wireless router to your address. I repeatedly asked why this was necessary.

The Comcast techs usually have everything with them when they arrive. She just repeatedly told me that she could not initiate the service request without a credit card number, "This is how we do it now". I finally relented and gave her my number. They then provide you with the actual Comcast number to call to initiate service.

When I called Comcast, they explained that this is a third party vendor not affiliated with Comcast. This company is reselling routers.

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #707051

Under the advise of a Comcast employee in Jan 2013 I purchased a Modem for $109.99 & Router $69.99 from Saveology Tech with a rebate for both so that the equipment would be free. It's a scam, as of today I have called Saveology many times and contacted BBB.

Saveology will not respond to BBB.

They won't send me my refunds. Do not buy anything from Saveology.

to Texprissy Franklin, Indiana, United States #732679

Hello everyone... I too felt I was ripped off by this company. I bought the cable and modem october 2012 and sent in my reciepts by november 2012. Then I heard niothing. I called and they offered me a $200 reseraunt.com certificate. I was pis*ed. I wrote this off as a learning experience.

June 2013 arrived. I had moved away from indiana where I lived when I ordered this modem. I got an email asking me what my e-mail address was and they had tried to send me teh check for $179 as promised but the check was returned.

I emailed back my current address and lo and behold the check arrived. Needless to say I deposited it imeediately. So teh scam is not stealing your money but rather keeping it for 6 months and getting interest from it? if 1000 people paid $200 each thats a lot of money and they collect the interest. I think is non standard practice and probably not the best way to go about running a business as they incur a lot of ripp off report like posts.

Personally I wont buy from them but they did give me my money back like they promised albeit 6 months later.

Just wanted to share that with those of you who felt ripped off.

Newman, California, United States #701829

I'm going through the same problem with saveology. I've been waiting for my rebate for 8 months or more.

They tell me the same lame excuses.

It's so frustrating. :sigh

Armonk, New York, United States #634070

just fell for this scam, thought i was ordering a router from comcast. i simply called them back the next day and cancelled the order...

hopefully i won't have any other issues.

I did have to pay a $9.99 service fee for them to transfer me to the real comcast... which was kinda dumb but I'm happy they didn't refuse to refund me.

Fresno, California, United States #583017

i sent my rebate form to saveology back in june 2012 and was supposed to receive a check within 10-16 weeks. after the 16 weeks was up i started calling every 2 weeks and was told different excuses for the delay each time. last month, they even offered me a gift card to restaurant.com in place of my rebate. WTF?! today i called, now 25 weeks since they received my rebate form, and i spoke with a supervisor. he mentioned that they outsourced the rebates to another company and he wasn't allowed to give me their information. he then said he could expedite my rebate and i'd have it within 4-6 weeks. he also mentioned there are disclaimers on the form that explain that 10-16 weeks is just an average and that they aren't bound to those time limits.

lots of shady ***.

i'm still not sure if i should ever expect money from them... if not i will probably try to take it up with comcast or more angry phone calls to saveology.

to nate Berkeley, California, United States #583787

I agree with Nate. I sent in my rebate back in June 2012 too and I kept calling about when I would receive the rebate and they told me the same outsourcing ordeal, as well as trying to offer me a restaurant giftcard. UGHH!!!!

to nate #619503

have you recieved the cheque yet?

to nate Denver, Colorado, United States #647413

Did you ever receive your money back from Saveology?

to nate Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States #676987

Hi Nate,

the same exact thing is happening to me here in Cambridge MA & Comcast. I bought my SaveologyTech router and mailed the forms in on Dec 2012... today July 2013... no rebate.

I called them in March and the rep informed me they had a computer problem that would further delay the refunds another 10-16 weeks.

This must be happening to many others. Comcast should be responsible in providing their customers with reliable 3rd party vendors. Comcast actually connected me to Saveology for this Router offer so I trusted the transaction.

Does this now require a class action lawsuit??? Any lawyers out there? Even if the class action just gave use a few dollars back I would take some pleasure that they were fined for this poor choice in a 3rd party vendor.

to nate Miami, Florida, United States #696601

did you ever receive your rebate ? they have been telling me the same as you.

to nate San Jose, California, United States #700768

Im having the same problem, one excuse after another. I received one of the 2 rebates due from them, and then they told me the second one was null & void since I mailed them in the same envelope?

The instructions say nothing about mailing seperatly.

I have reported them to the BBB & FTC :upset I will never do business with saveology again! Steer clear of them!!!!!

Just like Tim mentioned above, I have been waiting for my rebate check from SaveologyTech for more than 18 weeks now. I called and emailed customer service 4 times and they all said:" it is in pending".

he told me to check back in Oct 1st, 2012.

By that time, it will be 22 wks. Does anyone know how where to file a complaint or report their scam so other customers won't be fell to their bait?

How can Saveology have satisfied customers when their email addresses bounce back as undeliverable, long hold times on their customer service line with constant messages to leave a message that will supposedly be answered within 24 hrs or email them to undeliverable inboxes??? I have yet to get through to a live person...I either get disconnected after HOURS of holding or have to end the call myself & do something else.

Trying to get my router/modem rebates & they require an order # that the sales rep said would be on my shipping invoice. Nope, not there!

Saveologytech sold us a Comcast deal for phone & internet service with the promise of a free modem & router via a rebate.

However, the free modem they sent was for internet only and they do not even have internet/phone modems.

They told me their deal with Comcast is that they sell internet modems and Comcast retains the market on phone/internet modems. We now have to pay $170 for a Comcast modem or pay $7 monthly. We were told by Saveologytech that this "misunderstanding" happens often.

This little scam benefits Comcast and Saveologytech.

Attention Lawyers......... CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT MATERIAL!

Last week my daughter looked up Comcast online to set up service in Houston, TX. Calls the saveologytech # then we conference call giving my credit card # and we order router & modem with the promise they would arrive in 3 business days.

$200.00+ dollars charged to my account, no merchandise yet and she is standing in huge line as we speak at the Comcast Office trying to get internet service after having travelled across country for two days moving to Houston. Comcast you should be ashamed. I am reporting to BBB and credit card co.

to remove charges. DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM USING YOUR NAME, COMCAST.

I learnt a god lesson from Saveology tech. NOTHING IS FREE IN THIS WORLD.

If some claims to be free by mail in rebate that is "FRAUD". I bought a router and modem from Saveology tech refered by comcast in thier site. They said they will be processing the rebate in 12-16 weeks and now they say they will take 18 weeks.

It is a big fraud company. Just keep yourself away from this kind of company.

Tim

i was about to start working with saveology but i just couldnt ..can u believe their sales training actually want their new hires to be *** there is no such thing as customer service. the worst experience ever.

You all aren't that smart are you? If you agree to buy something they will make the sell.

I work for saveology and it is reliable. You guys are too *** to get service set up that's why you are all complaining.

a good salesman assumes the sale. For example "let's get you set up with this today" and if you say yes then we can do it.

to Bob Fort Worth, Texas, United States #590426

Bob, you are ***. Everyone on here agreed to get a product with the promise of a rebate.

You and your *** employer will not send any rebates out. You are the worst kind of trash, I wish nothing but ill on you and your family.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay. Call Retention Department to get discounts.