Style and Design

Premium fees for below standard products. I have been dealing with Comcast for three months.

Over issues regarding public broadcasting service channels. In Minneapolis Minnesota three of the PBS stations are considered premium. In order to receive them you must pay an additional $10 a month. Within a year or two of the 2009 digital transition almost all over the air broadcast we’re done in HD.

During this time every major network added additional add on channels. Comcast holds three channels hostage to the HD fee in Minneapolis Minnesota. The only digital broadcast add on channels that Comcast does not include in the Basic broadcast package are PBS Kids, TPTMN, and TPT Weather. All other over the air Broadcast TV channels are included in the basic broadcast package.

After complaining to Comcast and sitting on hold with customer service two times in One day I was told that I was just trying to get a premium service for free. Public broadcasting is not a premium service. They also informed me that it was my city Council that did this to me. And basically dared me to go to a city Council meeting .

I went I spoke up and maybe change will happen. But that doesn’t change the fact that they treated me so rudely. Two days after I called them I was watching an on-demand TV show. When my box reset itself.

This was without my request or knowledge that it would happen. After waiting five minutes for my box to reset. It was trying to offer me HD channels. Two days after that during prime time yet again.

My box reset itself to standard digital. Each time it reset itself without warning I am interrupted. Comcast service and disrespect is something I have gotten used to expecting because in my neighborhood the only way to get high-speed Internet is to subject yourself to their Tierney. HD is not a premium service anymore.

It is the equivalent of trying to charge someone $30 extra each month for unlimited texting on a smart phone. Premium changes over time and while I support the idea of municipal monopolies in an effort to reduce utility right-of-way needs. I do not support Comcast using that privilege to unfairly market a substandard product while being allowed to charge premium prices. I currently work in Telecom purchasing.

I am more than aware that the average margin (profits after costs) for services in telecom is between 30 and 60%.

Considering they own market monopolies I can only assume they are receiving 60%. It’s time we stopped accepting Substandard TV and Internet packages for premium prices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Package.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments