Comcast is over charging me, and will not resolve the issue. About 4 months ago, I switched from DirecTv to Comcast. I picked a plan that came out to $172/month, and after the taxes, the total bill was to be $199.31/month. I was told that the first month bill would be $50 higher, because of the installation fee, but after that, all my bills would be $199.31. I paid the first month bill of $255.04, and the second bill was $199.31 (like it should be). The 3rd bill though was for $250! I called Comcast on October to inquire about the increase. I spoke to an agent by the name of Mariah (Agent ID a4:), who initially couldn't figure out why the price jumped. After a little digging, she came to the conclusion that it was because I was being charged for a couple of Comcast boxes that I was supposed to have returned. I informed Mariah that I had returned the boxes, and I had in fact received a confirmation email from Comcast stating that they have received the boxes and it would take a couple of days to be processed. She then stated that if I had received the email, I should just go ahead and make my regular monthly payment of $199.31, and that the additional charge would be wiped out in a couple of days. I did as she said and made a payment on Oct. 21 for $200. I logged in a week later to see if the charge had been dismissed, but still saw it on there.
I called Comcast, and spoke to another agent. He apologized profusely for the mistake on Comcast's part, and said he is deleting the erroneous additional charges right there and then, and as a token of goodwill, he is giving me 3 months free Showtime. I asked him again to verify that the charge would be dismissed and that I would keep getting my regular $199.31 bill. He assured me in no uncertain terms that this would be the case, and once again apologized for the inconvenience Comcast had caused me.
I just received another bill, and this time, it's for $253.05!! I got a call from a Comcast agent stating that I need to pay my bill. After a lengthy explanation detailing the history of this bill, he put me on hold and informed me he was holding for a supervisor. I was kept on hold for over 30 minutes (my whole lunch break at work was wasted being on hold) and after 30 minutes, he hung up the phone on me, and didn't even call back. Prior to putting me on hold, he verified my SSN, call back number in case we got disconnected. I called Comcast back, and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once again, I was put on hold, and after 5 minutes, the agent told me that he has my cell number on file, and will have the supervisor call me ASAP. I have yet to get a call! I was with DirecTV for 2 years and didn't even once make a late payment. Now my Comcast account is showing up as a late payment is due, and this is all because of the additional charges that were supposed to have been erased! I just want them to rectify their mistake and quit overcharging me. At this point, I'm so fed up with them that I want to cancel, but they stated if I cancel, I have to pay $250 early termination fee! When they don't keep up their end of the contract, nothing happens, but if I want to cancel it because of their shoddy service, I will be charged an arm and a leg!!
I attached a screenshot, which clearly shows that my monthly package, service and equipment fees are $172.39, with taxes, comes out to $199.31.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Internet speed
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Xfinity Voice Package
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Comcast customer service executive (Era) is thinking that customers are liar. Few services shut off suddenly and I did not make changes. I can see in online account which service..."
- "You router and address that are on I found that since I change password that I get more and more direct tv!! I did take pictures of this to show..."
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "I've had two times where I was suppose to have won x2 items through this suppose to be game/survey, which I only was connected to this site through PCH. I..."
- "My uncle recieved a check in the mail and asked if i could take him to get information and how he could cash it and what not. The clerk there..."
- "I seen someone on OkCupid and reported to them. The next working day I found myself deleted from the website, I tried to ask them why but couldn't connect..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house. It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked. I found that there was..."