Houston, Texas

Comcast is over charging me, and will not resolve the issue. About 4 months ago, I switched from DirecTv to Comcast. I picked a plan that came out to $172/month, and after the taxes, the total bill was to be $199.31/month. I was told that the first month bill would be $50 higher, because of the installation fee, but after that, all my bills would be $199.31. I paid the first month bill of $255.04, and the second bill was $199.31 (like it should be). The 3rd bill though was for $250! I called Comcast on October to inquire about the increase. I spoke to an agent by the name of Mariah (Agent ID a4:), who initially couldn't figure out why the price jumped. After a little digging, she came to the conclusion that it was because I was being charged for a couple of Comcast boxes that I was supposed to have returned. I informed Mariah that I had returned the boxes, and I had in fact received a confirmation email from Comcast stating that they have received the boxes and it would take a couple of days to be processed. She then stated that if I had received the email, I should just go ahead and make my regular monthly payment of $199.31, and that the additional charge would be wiped out in a couple of days. I did as she said and made a payment on Oct. 21 for $200. I logged in a week later to see if the charge had been dismissed, but still saw it on there.

I called Comcast, and spoke to another agent. He apologized profusely for the mistake on Comcast's part, and said he is deleting the erroneous additional charges right there and then, and as a token of goodwill, he is giving me 3 months free Showtime. I asked him again to verify that the charge would be dismissed and that I would keep getting my regular $199.31 bill. He assured me in no uncertain terms that this would be the case, and once again apologized for the inconvenience Comcast had caused me.

I just received another bill, and this time, it's for $253.05!! I got a call from a Comcast agent stating that I need to pay my bill. After a lengthy explanation detailing the history of this bill, he put me on hold and informed me he was holding for a supervisor. I was kept on hold for over 30 minutes (my whole lunch break at work was wasted being on hold) and after 30 minutes, he hung up the phone on me, and didn't even call back. Prior to putting me on hold, he verified my SSN, call back number in case we got disconnected. I called Comcast back, and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once again, I was put on hold, and after 5 minutes, the agent told me that he has my cell number on file, and will have the supervisor call me ASAP. I have yet to get a call! I was with DirecTV for 2 years and didn't even once make a late payment. Now my Comcast account is showing up as a late payment is due, and this is all because of the additional charges that were supposed to have been erased! I just want them to rectify their mistake and quit overcharging me. At this point, I'm so fed up with them that I want to cancel, but they stated if I cancel, I have to pay $250 early termination fee! When they don't keep up their end of the contract, nothing happens, but if I want to cancel it because of their shoddy service, I will be charged an arm and a leg!!

I attached a screenshot, which clearly shows that my monthly package, service and equipment fees are $172.39, with taxes, comes out to $199.31.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Comcast and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about xfinity voice package from Comcast was overcharged , but reviewer liked internet speed. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Comcast.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Comcast to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

Tishcrumb7

I posted a similar occurrence, we are not the only ones. I'm ready to take legal action against Comcast Xfinity.

Ageel
to Tishcrumb7 #1068166

Tish, you may be right.This sounds like we need a class action lawsuit.

It's ridiculous the way they act with impunity. The sad part, is that they were known to have very bad service, but they got some new CEO who was supposedly turning the company around.

I had read some reports of how they were really trying to win back customers with better offers and better customer service.Wish I had done some more digging around before leaving DirecTV for Comcast.