Chantilly, Virginia

I called Comcast to move my service. I wanted it turned on a week early at the new house on the same day as all the other utilities so I could use it as soon as I got a TV or computer over there.

I set the disconnect date at the old house for exactly one week later. I confirmed the dates with the customer service representative several times. She kept trying to push me into adding $20 on my bill for a phone which I told her I could not use and a home security system which I also told her I could not use. She just kept on and on.

This must have distracted her from her job because the very next day, Comcast disabled my personal cable modem, the one I purchased myself and was going to move to the new house. I went almost a day without Internet until they finally straightened out the issue and reactivated my modem. It did not end there. On Tuesday, in the middle of the week of my move at 6:30 in the morning, my cable TV was shut off.

When I called, I was told they could do nothing for me since my service was disconnected and I would have to call back after 8AM. When I called back later in the day, I had to go through the entire spiel again, as if they knew nothing of what has transpired that morning. I was finally transferred to an account representative that asked me yet again for my phone number. What is the point of inputting it into the automated call system if everyone you talk to has to get it again and start all over?

I got the TV convertor re-activated so I was without TV for a day.

These people do not know how to communicate or coordinate a move. The Movers Edge program they advertise is a joke!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

I solely believe that their movers edge online form is a phantom request. It literally goes no where and that your confirmation number is just the ticket number of the number of people sitting in the waiting room to *** called comcast customer service.

I completed the form. No call, no email not even to that joke of an email account. Did it again the day I set for the original just to observe the behavior, confirmation number and nothing else. Where does this freaking go?

Do online requests go to freaking purgatory?

There will one day be a revolution. This service is absolutely terrible

I talked to several representatives and each one I had to repeat everything, (like they did not have a computer to see why I called.) Each time I had to repeat myself over and over and each time I got a different answer. I spoke to rep from Canada to Mexico and both times the communications skills lacking. I needed my computer for school and my at home job.,

I am in tears

Same thing here, simple move simple install, the techs later, I had damage to my apartment and a bill for an install that was nearly three weeks late.