I am a longstanding, on-time paying customer with Comcast. I asked about downgrading service to get their advertised $24.95 economy internet. The CS Rep. informed me it is 1/6th the speed of their high speed internet, there is a $3.00 per month modem fee and a one-time installation charge of $27.95.

I mentioned that I currently have HS internet, cable and phone service with them and asked what the $27.95 installation fee is for. I was told that they have to flip a switch, they don't come out to the house.

I mentioned that there are other companies offering lower monthly "new customer" rates so if I have to pay an installation fee why would I stay with them? I was told the installation fee couldn't be waived.

It looks to me like Comcast doesn't care to much about keeping their customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

Comcast is horrible with their high rates. When Verizon comes to Philadelphia, I say every Comcast customer changes to Verizon. They built this new building and show this *** movie every 7 minutes and you our money pays for it all.