El Dorado, California

I received Comcast Business Internet in May of 2011. I was told at that time by Mario Rodriguez that my interet charge would remain the same for one full year.

I received my current invoice and it went up $2.50. I called Comcast Business customer service and was told that it did not matter what I was told when I signed up, that per their legal fine print, they can raise my rates whenever they like. They sent out a mailer last month notifying me of additional charges and per the customer service rep, they are within their rights. We are talking about $2.50.

I asked her to please credit me for four months the $2.50 or $10 over four months and she said no. That again it did not matter what I was told or what was in my contract, they cannot help me. Now I will look again for an alternative to their internet service.

$10.00 is more important to them then a customer who has always paid her bills on time for many many years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. It's really that simple.

I want a new Ferrari, but I know I can't afford the payments and insurance so I don't sign up for the agreements.

You signed, you pay.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

I can't begin to go into all the details of how Comcast has not only lied numerous times in their Customer Service Dept, Retention, and even Dispatch. I have written down every name, the numerous hours I have been on hold (one time for 80 minutes), and the different stories each and every one of the people have said.

But, the most interesting of all is the Technician that came out to our home to install our cable, phone, & internet. He went out to his truck and NEVER came back! He did not let me know why he left. I have tried to reach someone/anyone to have a person come back out but....not yet!

Is this madness! I think so.