Washington, District Of Columbia

I am 22-years-old and moving into my first apartment in Boulder, Colorado and wanted to get internet from Comcast. Over the phone I gave them my information, they told me that they had a 6 month new customer price which was $29.99 per month.

They scheduled a time to come install it and I thought I was good to go. Three days later I got a call from Comcast and they said there was an issue with my account, and they could not identify me over the phone. My only option was to go to the Comcast store. When I went to the store I was treated VERY rudely by the representative.

I told her the issue and she typed in some information and then informed me that they could start a new account. I would have to pay a deposit of $50 and my monthly payment would be $60. I told her that I was told over the phone that for a new user it should be $29.99 for 6 months. She said the only way to get that price is to order over the phone, which is right back to the original problem.

I called Comcast and told them what the store representative said and they said I could only get service from that store for $60.

Bait and hook is not my idea of good business practice. Thanks for your friendly help Comcast, not.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

North Weymouth, Massachusetts, United States #736496

The cable installer told me that the DVR was free for one ywar. I didn't need it but for free, I'll tale it.

I am being billed for it and they said that it was never offered for free.

They will not honor the offer. ***.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

coloradocowboy

Good luck with these ***. This is on of the most mismanaged companies I have ever dealt with.

I just wasted an hour of my time trying to follow THEIR instructions on getting a digital adapter. Internet ordering (which they instructed me to do) was an absolute dead end.

After an hour of wasted time they told me to drive across town. I spend $175 a month with these jerks for this kind of service and constant tiling on my HD tv.