Barrington, Illinois

Last night another yelling session with the kings of poor customer service. Comcast.

Comcast by far was the biggest utility bill I pay each month, having their wonderful add ons.

Now seems there go to all digital and you need some digital converters to watch the expanded basic content. OK more complexity to hook up, more remotes and no more functionality. I.e. no on demand, no higher order cable channels numbers (that I already pay for) etc.

First two converters "FREE" i.e. needed to watch the stuff I already pay for and do not need more equipment for 9using cable ready TV tuner).

Any more than 2 then it's $1.99 a month. I need three. Called up to explain that I do not see why to get the same service I should pay for a converter. I would just wait to pay more in May when they put the bill up like they do every year anyway! Then said OK, as you're a customer since '94 you can have 3 at no additional cost.

Pick up 3 units. Not installed them as yet, waited for bill to arrive. Guess what? Bill arrived, Charge for additional converter.

Called up, no record of any such agreement not to charge.

Yet again lied to. In fact the muppet on the other end of the phone tried telling me the conversion to digital was mandated by the government! Really since when has cable been an over the air transmission. He argued with me over this!

He also told me that on demand and music channels are luxury items in the package!!!! Really, they why do I pay $147 + a month!

So until I get an alternative supplier I told them to remove HBO and reduce the package to digital starter. Guess what? ALL the channels I watched before are still there & I'm $38+ better off a month!

Really they stiff a consumer for $1.99 and end up loosing month over month.

Comcast are clueless in how to retain paying clinet, what clients value and what would retain them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Service.

Comments

I HATE COMCAST AND I WILL PUT THIS MESSAGE AS MUCH BLOGS AS POSSIBLE. THEY LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING, I WILL SEND LETTER TO GOVERNMENTAL AGENCIES TO FINE THEM.

THEY CANNOT LIE TO HUNDRED OF CUSTOMERS IN NORTH AMERICA AND BE SO RELAX. :(

For this reason i will be switching to Direct TV which i get 3 free boxes could get up to 6. You also get more channels for less then Comcast.

Way to lose customer comcast. :(

Yes, I totally agree, customer serice is the worst customer service I have ever had. Customer service is evasive actually got a name and phone # of customer service rep.

that helped me next time I called with my problem still not resolved this person and phone # did not exist.They are lairs and must train there customer service reps. to lie cause they know they are not a ruptable company.