Houston, Texas

My Comcast services have been down for more than one week. I have been without telephone and Internet services for 5 days even after the power was restored due to IKE.

I haven’t seen any Comcast vehicles driving around to restore services. It is ridiculous that after IKE you were told to make phone calls and visit websites to get information while you CANNOT get your phone and Internet services at all.

Power companies were able to restore power to millions of customers in one week. Comcast will NOT even work on customers without power.

It seems to take forever for Comcast to restore services even after power has been restored.

Comments

wow, ive got some bad news for you guys. i live on galveston island...thats right...ON the island (ok some 15 calls (alright, only 13...15 just sounds better) before i came to this point and there is still some intermittancy issues, but at least it works in some capacity...

#42038

People in the Memorial area was hit the hardest I know a few tech's in that area that was sleeping in there trucks for 4 hrs and then back to work for 16 hrs or so.....THEY ARE WORKING ON THE RICH FOLKS TOO!!!! First of all Centerpoint had to restore power first before comcast could start there repairs...Then they had to put generators at every location because CENTERPOINT by passed all of there power supply's.

as of 10/13 comcast still has generators running there plant.There technicians have not had a day off since the storm and you have the high and mighty people calling in with *** calls slowing the major calls. Boxes are not even hooked up to cable so no they will not work or tv's not on channel 3.

I have now been without service for over 1 month since Ike. Comcast is ridiculous.

They tell me something different every time I call.

When uverse comes into the neighborhood, I am switching...along with about 3 other blocks worth of people I know. If this Comcast doing its best, it needs to hang it up.

Call the corporate office. Still haven't heard anything about my service.

I have spoken to over 20 different techs and costumer service reps - nothing. They keep telling me there are no outages and then they again want to schedule a tech. However, what's funny is that all my neighbors have no comcast service.

All I have to say is Comcast is horrible. That's what happens when you have a quasi-monopoly.

Funny thing....yesterday, after I posted my comments on this page, I came home from some errands to see a Comcast truck in front of my house! I stopped, talked to the tech and was told that I should have cable back on.

Sure enough, he and I go inside, turn on the TV and box, and WOW, cable. Strange, very strange, since I haven't seen any other trucks in my area AT ALL. AND, I hadn't spoken to anyone about my outage since I couldn't get an answer to my calls. Kinda freaky!

I agree with you Frustrated and Confused.

I do believe that most Comcast customers who had an outage just wanted basic and simple information about what progress was being made to restoring services and in what areas. Like you stated, Centerpoint and the City of Houston were able to hammer out a plan and timetable for working on their respective (and much larger) issues, which were then published for all to see.

Comcast obviously felt no need to inform their PAYING consumers of the status of their restoration work. I am sure that many dissatisfied customers will be switching to the other TV options that are out there, and will hopefully have a better customer service experience.

I had electricity restored on Tue after the hurricane and was estatic! Then is went out for about a day, then worked for several days and went out again Wed 9-29.

It is now Tue 9-30 and still no cable. The recorder just says "there is an outage in your area. Technicians are aware of it and are working toward resolution". Stayed and held for a rep.

and they can't give you any information AT ALL. I tried to relay that we would just like to know something - Centerpoint published a plan and even the City of Houston has published a trash/debris plan. Someone should know what is going on, what has and has not been done and where the workers are assigned each day. Why can't they pass this to their customer service reps to relay to us - or even post on a website or something?

It is lack of communication to the people that makes them crazy and mad. I assume that Comcast will lose a LOT of customers over their lack of communication to the public. Centerpoint was brave to stick their neck out and post their estimates for completion by zip codes and they seem to meeting most of what they said. Good for them.

Yuk for Comcast. They are either poor planners or poor communicators.

Both are apparent. Comcast - ARE YOU LISTENING TO US?

Quote:

"1. Written by Comcast is doing its best, on 29-09-2008 11:01

Comcast is working to get all the damage done after IKE.

What are you thinking that Comcast sent IKE or what?

Please whats your problem, comcast is doing its best."

Dear Comcast is doing it's best,

I'll TELL you what my problem is!

I fully understand that the damage done to their lines/equipment by Ike is widespread and devastating, BUT....

all many of us ask for is just an update, some basic information. Are they working in our areas? If not, can they tell us when we MIGHT see some progress? I'm not asking for exact date/time when service will be restored, just a rough estimate. Centerpoint was somehow able to share that info, so why not Comcast? Is that too much to ask?

My current bill is $189.10, just for t.v services. They owe it to me and all of their customers to let us know if we can expect our service to remain out for 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months!

So, my question to you Comcast is doing it's best is this: If they are "working to get all the damage done after Ike", where is this work taking place? If you can't answer that simple question, I'll just assume you work for Comcast. That would explain everything!

Comcast is working to get all the damage done after IKE.

What are you thinking that Comcast sent IKE or what?

Please whats your problem, comcast is doing its best. :)

Day 18 and still not even a sighting of a Comcast truck anywhere in the Memorial area (where power has been restored for 14 days in some neighborhoods). It begs the question, where on God's green earth ARE all those trucks?

Anyone?? Please report on this site if you see those trucks in your area!

Day 13 here, still no Comcast Service in Spring. I thank heaven that I don't have their phone service.

Once my services does come back. I'll call in for my credit, then cancel my service.

I have yet to see a Comcast truck in my area.

AT&T has been in the neighborhood dropping generators at all their access points and providing service to my neighborhood. I'm sure it will be more expensive, but I don't mind paying for AT&T based on their response.

NO ETA DOWN HERE EITHER! "I'M NOT GOING TO LIE TO YOU MA'M; BUT, WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A PROJECTED DATE FOR COMPLETION.

MY CALL WAS MADE ON 9/22. ADDITIONALLY, I WAS GIVEN A CODE TO CALL IN WHEN MY SERVICE DOES COME ON SO I WOULD THEN BE CREDITED WITH THE DAYS OF NO SERVICE. SEEMS TO ME THAT COMCAST SHOULD BE DOING THAT ANY WAY FOR ALL THE CUSTOMERS WITH NO SERVICE.

DON'T THEY HAVE A GRID OF SOME SORT THAT WOULD SHOW THIS? ADDITIONALLY, DO THEY REALLY THINK THAT A CREDIT FOR NO SERVICE IS ENOUGH TO COMPENSATE FOR THEIR LACK OF RESPONSE?

My electricity (I live in a condo complex) was restored 37 hours after Ike's pass through Houston, and we also have working traffic signals as of several days ago, yet I and at least a half-dozen condo neighbors still do not have cable TV after TWELVE days. Comcast cancelled two service visits here, one for this morning, (a Comcast rep said it's an 'area outage') and a second call later today another rep told me that there are "issues" delaying restoring service until NEXT SUNDAY at the earliest! Houston's had large power outages from other storms and no such problems came from Comcast those times...WTF?!?!

I am on day 13 without phone, tv or internet service thanks to Comcast. I call everyday from my cell phone.

I get the same answer everytime and it is not an answer, just lame excuses. I do not believe they hve restored over 66% of their customers. I too have never seen a comcast truck out on the road yet see ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile and Dish Networks trucks EVERYWHERE. I pay $200/mo for my services and they refuse to even give me an ETA of when my service will be restored.

A supervisor I spoke with yesterday had the audacity to tell me it's not his problem that I work from home using the internet. Can we file some sort of class action lawsuit against these liars and theives?