Newark, New Jersey

May 25, 2012 - I called Comcast at 9:25 pm and hung up at to 10:16 pm. I was on hold for 30 minutes but that is the least of my problems.

I orderd the Double Play package in early May 2012 (TV & Phone) for $79.99. That was the price that was quoted to me at that time. They also told me that I could keep my original phone number. I was put through a "port" phone call to "port the phone number" on 3 separate occasions. Well good luck with that one, of course, I was told numerous times by various technicians that I needed to contact comcast because they "maybe forgot to put the order through" while other technicians told me I needed to contact Verizon (my old carrier). (I did contact Verizon closed out my account earlier so I don't know what they were talking about) However, as we all know, of course, I could never keep the phone number.

I got my Comcast bill today and it was $338. I was paying about $75 for just TV prior to my ordering the "Double Play Package" which was supposed to be TV and phone. I was charged for a variety of things like a $100 misc. repair charge, $40 for unlimited comcast (what's that? don't know) small fees like the modem fee of $7 for the "required" box for the phone system, of course, comcast forgot to tell me about any of these charges. Other charges included $84.55 for phone service, $78.25 for TV, $29.95 to activate the phone, $29.99 to install the phone.... need I go on.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE CLINCHER : I was put through to the supervisor because the original person handling the call and told me she couldn't help me. Then, I was told comcast that that when I put my original order in she doesn't know why I was quoted the $79.99 charge and that Comast could not honor that price because they would lose money.

Comcast was quoting this price all over the internet and TV when I put the original order in.

After many adjustments and about 15 phone calls, (I am not exaggerating, I mean really...15 phone calls) I guess I owe them $191. I am truly afraid to get my next bill (I can't switch to a new provider because the building that I live in only allows Comcast)

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, IF YOU READ THIS, YOU SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM COMCAST... THEY QUOTE PRICES, MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND GET AWAY WITH IT AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO WORK THROUGH IT AND GET ANY RESULTS.... TRUST ME, I WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN ALL THIS BEFORE I PUT THAT ORDER IN.... Life is too short for this kind of aggravation...

Comments

I used to be a CAE at Lynnwood,WA Tech Repair call center. Comcast Cares Day is a joke.

You had to use a vacation day to participate in the HARD PHYSICAL LABOR VOLUNTEER SERVICE DAY.

Comcast Cares...but not much.

Comcast Cares...about $$$. If you want discounts call the 800 phone number and ask for the retention department.