Charleston, South Carolina

I live in an apartment complex that is already hard wired for Comcast cable and internet. We do not have a choice...we have to use them.

Also, our monthly Comcast bill is included in our monthly rent, so even if we don't have cable and internet we have to pay for it. Well...one afternoon I noticed, while watching a baseball game on my laptop, that the internet was lagging. I did everything to my laptop that could fix the problem (cleared cache, cleared history, restarted) and still nothing. I called Comcast and had them send a refresher signal to my modem.

Still nothing. So I finally spoke to someone and they confirmed that the signal was weak and that they would send someone out to fix the problem in about 4 days. 4 days later Mr. Fixit shows up, and without even looking at my box he said that my wiring is absolutely faulty and that he's going to have to completely disconnect my internet and turn off all internet services until I have hired an electrician (I'm not kidding) to fix the problem.

I called my apartment maintenance team and had them come up and talk to me about the wiring, and they explained that that's impossible because Comcast comes out every year to every unit to make sure that everything is still in check. On top of that, when he had disconnected my internet he also disconnected my cable, so I was without TV too. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY TV TO BEGIN WITH! So I call them back immediately and explain what this kid did, and they did apologize but explained that nobody could be out to take care of that for about a week.

One week later they send out a different fellow who plugged back in my cable and internet in the locked box outside, but couldn't figure out why my internet was still so slow. I have given up. I haven't had the time or energy to even try to get my internet speed fixed because I don't trust that they'll actually do their job. UGH.

And then about every week or so my cable and internet will inexplicably go out, but I'm still paying my Comcast bill even if there's NO service. As soon as I get away from this complex I am DONE with Comcast.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

We have internet and basic cable from the apartment and Comcast was to bring boxes to the apartment on June 26 and no one showed up to take care of this wow so no one has cable to watch tv what a joke. You call Comcast and you can not get to talk because you do not have a account just the apartment does and they are calling too and Comcast is not helping them

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

8) :grin :p

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Yea comcast is a Joke. But its internet is actually the only thing they provide that is pretty good.

Id blame your apartment management and comcasts poor customer service on this problem.