Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (763 of 763 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast has failed to provide proper Internet connection

After struggling for the past couple of weeks to keep my Internet connection up and running for longer than one minute at a time, I managed to have a technician come to my home to fix the problem. Not once did he check any of the outdoor connections to see if that could possibly be the problem. He finally relented to giving me a newer modem he was supposed to have walked in with; unfortunately that didn't make any difference. He said he couldn't do anything and I needed to have my computer worked on. It works just fine in the shop that just finished servicing it; it's only while using their connection, that things don't work the way they should. This man was sloppy in appearance, was talking to his wife on his cell phone when he entered my home and continued talking to her for about five minutes after his arrival. Keep in mind that the man I spoke to to set up the appointment on July 10, 2008 ran a couple of tests from his site and he even said the problem was on their end not mine. I want to work from home however that doesn't appear to be a possibility as long as my ISP is failing to provide the service I'm paying for. I've also noticed that the signal is much stronger after midnight, however Comcast refuses to listen. I know someone who works for them and will be finding out who to send a complaint to regarding the lack of help I received on Friday. July 11, 2008. I am definately not a happy person right now.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Lexington, Massachusetts - Still no service after 10 days!!!

I lost service on 6/26/08, called Comcast to notify and they said they were "working on it." 6/27/08 they are still working to resolve. 6/28/08 issue still not resolved. 6/30/08 issue resolved but my internet is still not working. Comcast will send a technician on 7/1/08 - I explained I will be on vacation, will need to set appointment for 7/8/08 between the hours of 4-7PM when I return. Called to confirm 7/8/08 and told this appointment was canceled. Customer service agents name not listed on the report - they had no problem taking my $180 this month for services, yet I still have no internet service. Hey Comcast what's Verizon's phone number??????

Excessive Problems with Comcast Billing

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Comcast's service. I placed an order last month through the internet. I ordered digital preferred with HBO for 39.99/month for six months and high speed internet for 19.99/month for six months. The installation fee was 29.99. I did not receieve an email confirmation so I called the office and the rep confirmed the rates for me. These rates are STILL on your website. I paid the technician 92.93 after installation for installation and first month's charges as the rep told me I had to. This was on 06/08/2008. I just received a statement yesterday with completely different rates and was charged again for JUNE-JULY and for July-August. The rates are the normal rates. To solve the issue, I first contacted my local office at 202-635-5100. After half an hour, I was told by both the representative and the supervisor that since I ordered this online, it could only be solved online through a customer service rep as they did not have the codes for internet promos. They could not even provide me with a phone number to contact for online support. So I got on the internet and signed onto your chat system. I spoke with a representative for nearly an hour only to be told that they too do not have the necessary codes and I would have to contact my local office. I told her MANY times that I ALREADY called my local office and they were of no help. The chat rep insisted, however, that I call my local office as they would be the only ones that could help me. I was given this number: 301-424-4400. The chat rep was completely UNHELPFUL. I have a print out of the transcript. I then called this number to be told the same thing, that this could only be solved online because the local office does not have access to internet promo codes. This promo has not expired. IT IS ON YOUR CURRENT WEBSITE. I do not understand how it is possible that no one has the codes for CURRENT promos. Are you just lying about these promos then? I was told by the local office to go to the local payment center with a copy of my work order as proof that I had in fact ordered those rates. Everyone has been USELESS and unable to help me. It is ridiculous for a company of Comcast's caliber to not have a copy of my work order for a rep to pull up. It is further unacceptable for the company to not have an account of what my 92.93 was for. All the reps told me that while they saw I had paid 92.93, they had absolutely no idea what it was for. I have wasted nearly 2 hours this morning trying to resolve this with absolutely no progress. Now I have to go home to get the work order during my lunch break, come back to work, then take the bus and train to go to the payment center with the HOPE that it MAY be solved, no guarantees. This is the first time, I am having to go to an office to resolve a billing issue. This is unacceptable. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE CODES THAT YOU ADVERTISE ON YOUR WEBSITE? I AM MOST LIKELY GOING TO CANCEL COMCAST, BUT NOT BEFORE THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED TO MY SATISFACTION.

I've been fighting with them over a bill since April. They are tring to tell me I can't downgrade my services until I bring my bill current, which would mean paying the disputed amount.

I believe this is a corporate scam and deliberate ripoff. No company that large could survive being this grotesquely incompetent.

Over billing, lying service reps. Tired of it.

i think joining a class action against them is a great idea. let me know if you know of an on-going one.

I have yet to receive a correct bill from Comcast in 11 statements. This company is openly defrauding consumers monthly and I'd like to join a class action.

View more comments (3)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast/Suscom - Overpriced internet, with restrictions!

Recently my old provider suscom, has been bought out and or merged with comcast. Either way I have had COUNTLESS issues with their service. Here is a list for avoiding this company: a) Packet drops and inconsistency. While attempting game play constantly I have issues with information not going in/out as fast as it should be. Which creates choke and packetloss. Our package supports 300 KB/s down and 30 KB/s up; the game only approx 1/3 of this. b) Poor customer service. I have made countless calls to get a single problem fixed; random net drops, never was the issue resolved until it had just randomly gone away. My guess is they were aware of this issue and were dealing with it quietly. I can live with that, but not when it takes 2 months+. c) Restrictions! I was recently asked to write a program for someone involving socks4/5 proxy support. When the socks4 support was not working properly I of course assumed the problem was on my end. After investigation and having others test the software I came to the realization it was my provider. I tried through my provider on several different computers and operating systems just to be thorough. Another case is a news post a few months back about how they have the right to restrict our upload capabilities'because they are over selling bandwidth'. While restrictions are not immediate it basically means if you are uploading excessively you will get capped! So much for you get what you pay for? d) Since we are on the topic of price, we are paying 49/mo for the package I described above. The package which often does not meet terms, with many faulty conditions. For those that are unaware 49/mo for a 3mb-down(300 KB/s) package is EXTREMELY overpriced. Sadly castcom is the only provider in this area, and they know it.
Comcast Internet Service
My girlfriend, Judith Lamb, has been refused contact with customer service supervisors. Her service was disconnected accidentally by a COMCAST service person. She called and a representative restarted her service, however, her high speed internet was not connected as...

It is crazy to think everyone has 5 hours during a work day to sit around and wait for a Tech. to show up.

On the other hand, if you work with the customer support center, they will give you the Tech's. cell phone and you can call him and get a better time when he/she might be there.

I have done this. Insight was good about it, I don't know about Comcast yet.

View more comments

Comcast is horrible

Comcast cable has the worst customer service ever. Funny this is supposed to be a service industry and they suck at it! I tried to order service and called up several time only to get hung up on a few times. The other times that I did speak to someone they had conflicting stories/ offers/ promotions then the previous salesman. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. Hope i never have to go through it again. I do not wish this one anyone. Comcast is a rip-off someone should put a stop to the monolopy they have on this industry.

no surprise to anyone i think... Comcast needs competition to force them to improve their services and be competitive with pricing. I hope FIOS puts a BIG pinch on them soon - sooner the better

Read the fine print on their new Comcast phone service too. It advertises $19.99 for unlimited long distance and the other goodies.

But if you read the fine print that rate goes up to about $45.00 after 6 months. Considering how quickly they jacked up their rates after the Insight buy out, they will most likely pump up their phone rates too. Most likely they will consider the month you order, like in the middle of it, an entire month of the first 6.

This happened to me once with AT&T. Comcast needs to get their act together with their HDTV service and On Demand movies freezing up and quit worrying about stealing customers from the phone companies.

View more comments (1)

Comcast in Hattiesburg, Mississippi - Worst service of all time

Comcast has the worst customer service department I have ever dealt with. In the last year I have had no less than 10 service calls to my home for dysfunctional cable boxes, loss of video on demand, and loss of signal(in less than 1 year). Their technicians never can get my service working for more than 2 weeks in a row, so I have just given up and will go back to my satelite dish. When i call them about my continued problems they just say that they'll send another technician. Even after speaking to supervisors, I get little help.

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Business Class My ***

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. I see that i have a support group here who may share my concerns and maybe we should all file a class act lawsuit in which i am willing to fund if necessary. I called Comcast Last year to get hooked up and they said it would be $600.00 to run 300ft of cable. I then proceeded to show them another route and they said " OH YEAH" like idiots. After getting it hooked up for nothing they left an exposed terminal on the side of a pole for the world to see and hook up to. Indeed one of my neighbors hooked right up to it stealing my business class. I called and made a complaint and they finally came out and cut the line 45days or so later. They left an exposed line laying there on the ground. The neighbor then reconnected what seemed to be an exact match from comcast leading me to suspect he had a friend who worked for them. I just cut it last night and i'm removing it from the terminal tommorow and going to put the terminal on a pole with 50,000volts running to it and a camera lol. Ladies and gentlemen that is just the beginning. They still have yet to bury my lines as they run from my shop to my office. 4 months ago my IP gateway crashed and i called them. They sent a Guy out who said hey i'm sorry i'm not a tech i'm a Maintenance man. I had to show him the issues and diagnose the issues myself and request that he go back to the office and get a new Modem. He did so and my problem was solved and THEY GAVE ME THE WRONG GATEWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE. Online support team said they did not support the Gateway and i said " Well your tech brought it to me so explain that" . They apologized and did nothing to my bill to make up for the incompetence of their techs. In conclucsion ( PLEASE READ ) 3 Days ago my New IPGateway made by Netgear started crashing for no reason. My PS3 said contact the manufacturer so i did and they said they could not support the product because they had a contract with comcast stating not to. I couldn't believe it. So i then called comcast and even they said they also could not support the product and would send a replacement in 4-5 days. DOES THIS MAKE SENSE? I proceeded to tell them how i seem to know more about their products and services than the actuall people they have working for them in person and by phone. I went straight out and bought a new Modem for myself and when i got back i sat on hold for 1 hour and finally got someone on the line. After a very long hour of conversation and 3 transfers i was notified that " I'm sorry Sir, We do not support any modems from the local sores in your market area". OH YES!!! I was outraged. How can a Modem at Wal-Mart or any other store say right there on the Package. "Easy Installation-one phone call to your Internet Service Provider completes the setup". NO IT DOES NOT! Because Comcast does not support Modems that you yourself can purchase. Only what they can give you. THEN WHY WASN'T I NOTIFIED OF THIS? And how can a company false advertise this on their label in stores without knowing they would get a Lawsuit. I asked for a phone number to speak to a high end representative of the company and she informed me that there was no such number available and that i could email them at CONSUMER_COMPLAINTS@CABLE.COMCAST.COM Ladies and Gentlemen this is a major monopoly indeed and we should file suit. Thank You for your time and Oh yes if i could get any other type of highspeed for my business then trust me i would have already. So basically they have this area on Lockdown and it's illegal.

I have a number to a very wonderful Lady who can handle your very issue STONE MOUNTAIN resident. She will not only fix your problem but you will get a credit for any unlawful or unauthorized charges.

After a week of finding only the wrong people I finally met her and she is just amazing.

Email me at natehpi@yahoo.com. Thanks

Comcast has been very nasty with my account of over charging and leaving an old account open without me knowing it. bad bad people i spend half my time on the phone with them and still nothing on where there getting these high charges.i want my account investigated can some one give me any information on how are where to i can get help i need? my email msga369@aol.com thanks :cry

CONcast Kim Edwards is a major MOMO for writing an email asking you to work off the clock w/o pay LOL ROFL LMAO Edwards & Comcast = major FAIL AWESOMESAUCE YOU=WIN

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste

Is there a way to get these *** to answer the phone?!?!?!

If I ran my business with such disregard for my customers I would be OUT OF BUSINESS!!

Government supported monopolies like comcast should be outlawed.

Yet they wonder why the "occupy" movement is so angry.

***

We are a repo and impound company. Our 5 landlines all have a recording that says the number is disconnected!!

We were alerted to this issue Monday the 4th and immediately began making calls the 'tech support'. basically no one knows how to fix our phones. Tech support to them is really customer relations because they are good at kissing your *** while they sound informative. But bottom line is they dont know how to fix ***!!

We are still with phones and "Tier 2 Tech Support" had been "Expedited".

MY ***!! They dont know what to do and hope you never call back!!

Hey you can get help. Just ask for a 3 year contract at 59.99 per month it's what I pay now and it's great.

If you can't get help then I'll find out who you call.

But after all my problems I've had no more problems since then. It's been great service since.

We've subscribed to Comcast for over 5years at my home, we run a business and a website out of our home, in short Comcast shut down our internet without a phone call informing us as to why. Then we called them and they said we could not run a business from Comcast, we had to purchase from Comcast Business Class for our internet connection.

Long story short, they now charge us more for phone and tv because it is no longer in a bundle with the internet. Also, said internet costs more because it's business class, no matter who I talk to on the phone, they cannot tell me why it's more or the difference between regular comcast and business class comcast...this is a scam! It now costs approx.

$50 more per month, even though the bill remittance form has the same return address for payment, and we get exactly the same services...WTH!!! I am so pissed off by this but we cannot afford to NOT have an internet connection..so frustrating and no end in sight!

View more comments (7)

COMCAST EXPERIENCE

I have been with comcast for the past 4 years and their customer service sucks or lack thereof. I am in the process of finding another cable/internet company in Knoxville, TN but they seem to have a monolopy on the market. During the month of April, I had several problems with my internet service and a tech had to come out several times. THe company gave me a 20 credit. When I called in to pay my bill, I was told that I had a negative balance because there was also a 124 credit. I naturally assumed that they gave me a month off for all the hassle. NO WAY!!! I received my bill this month and it has 2 months on it. I have talked to several customer service reps and a manager...nothing. I was told it was a mistake and that they couldn't let me have a month free because it was warranted. BS!!!

Comcast sucks big time

I currently have Cable and Internet though Comcast and since I switched my phone service to Comcast month ago I am unable to access to my account on line because it needed a pin # which I was not aware of. When logging in, it prompted me to have my pin# mailed to me.However, its been 4 weeks and still no pin # sent. So I went to the local branch office and was told that a pin# will not be mailed out to me unless I show my valid ID. What a hussle! When I called few days ago and demanded for the pin # I was told they will mail it out within 24 hours. When I called today the account Manager said it would take 5-10 business days to get my pin #. What a story! Comcast sucks big time. A. Blake