Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (763 of 763 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast, bad service, liars! long hold times! Comcast = *** Artists!

I hope comcast is reading this!!! So i set up service in june. since that day i have had bad service! the tech did not install my modem, instead he was texting his "G mama baby mama mam thing whatever". after that the internet worked for a few (3) days. after that i had 4mb service. i did sign up for 16mb high speed for only $90 bucks. i called about it and they gave me my 16mb back. also i do server level upload and download from home. well that lasted for 2 weeks. then i noticed that my ip address does not resolve to my modem. a tech came out at 5 pm, i had comcast schedule the tech to out there at 6p. i was coming home when i found that the tech came out eariler and that he cannot wait for me to get on site. i told him what need to be done. the ignorant SOB told me that he doesnt know how to log on to my home computer. i ask if he has a tech's (company's) laptop. the answer is NO. so i told him that OK go keep yourself busy be checking the line inside the home, his response... i dont know where the modem is. i told him where is was. he didnt test it. i told him, ok go to the outside box and test the line there. well that was the end of that. well there went about a month and a half of 45+ min hold times 3 times a week. oh and the sad thing is that a few times i got voice mail. that just pissed me off! finally i get a hold of some one friday 8/8/08 i immediately ask for a manager or floor supervisor, 30min wait. he assured me that he would have a technician out on tuesday 8/12/08 despite my unwillingness to pay for very bad and unfair service and he gave me a $20 bonus credit. well tuesday rolls along, at work around 10am i get a call to see if i wanted the tech to come out earlier, i said no because i was at work(1 hr commute to home) the appointment was for 1p-4p. i went home at noon to be there at 1, which i was. i wait and wait, i get a "courtesy" call at three that the tech cannot come out because of the bill issue. i explain the situation to them, basically they want me to pay 225$ for a service im not getting and they denied that i was holding for 45min at a time because they "monitor" the calls. and customer service hung up on me too! today i am going to call someone over there that is above a floor supervisor! i have be wronged as a subscriber. i am done with comcast!!! at&t here i come!!! now i know how this person feels: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702359.html I hope comcast is reading this!!!

I would say screw comcast because they are ***! PLUS THEY *** LIE TO YOU!

Loss

Comcast is not willing to fix my problem

I'm a comcast client for almost 7 years, my service is not working. For the first time I requested phone service with comcast and my phone, internet and cable is not working. Comcast technitians have missed three appointments and customer service states is nothing they can do. I have a bill of almost 3 hundred dollars for a service that I'm not receiving, I'm running out of options. One of the technitian told my husband that the amps are not strong enough, I should I fix this problem? I'm having a contractor review the lines that comast is not willing to check... I need help.

Comcast sucks!

I've had a terrible experience with trying to get Comcast wireless internet and phone set up in my home. Two service appts (both with the tech arriving late). One service appt on the wrong day (I was at work). Numerous hour+ phone calls trying to get the system to work. Sometimes they couldn't find my account -- had to transfer me to the billing department where (surprise, surprise) they found me with no problem! Finally, in total frustration, I canceled the internet service altogether. Now I'm waiting for the bill to see if they actually take that portion off. I don't know if there's a government agency that regulates them, but I'm guessing no -- because they can charge whatever they want and treat customers any way they want to.
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Burlington, Vermont - Rip off!

Comcast is an absolute rip off. I signed up for one service and got another (which was of course more expensive as comcast wouldn't have it any other way!) I went without internet service for 1 month because the tech screwed up and then they charged me 50 dollars to have someone else come "fix" the problem. It took 4 seperate appts times for a tech to finally arrive and give me service. Horrible Horrible Horrible is how I would describe this service and the customer service dept. They didn't give me a credit for the lack of service and didn't honor the package that I orginally signed up for and wanted to purchase.

Signed up with Comcast for 1 tv, no extras. Just television, no added HBO or Showtime and got medium speed internet.

Bill started at 69 bucks a month and within 12 months sky rocketed to 140.00 a month!

And no additional services did we add at anytime. Terrible.

I TOO HAD COMCAST SERVICE. EVERY MONTH THE BILL GOT HIGHER AND HIGHER.

THEY HAD TO COME TO MY HOME 4 DIFFERENT TIME TO INSTALL THE CABLE. THEN LEFT THE CORDS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN EXCESS. I MENA FOR WHAT. WHO WANTS TO TRIP OVER CORDS EVERDAY.

THEN MY PICTURES KEPT JUMPING BECAUSE OF A DEFECTIVE BOX. AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT A YOUNG MAN CAME WITHA DVR AND SAID NO CHARGE. HOWEVER, IT WOULDNT BE COMECAST IF THEY DIDNT CHARGE ME AN EXTRA 17 AMONTH FOR SOMETHING I DIDNT ASK FOR. THE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OF THE BOXES I HAD IN MY HOUSE(THE SMALL ONE AND THE BIG ONE) THEN WHEN I ASKED ABOUT A CHARGE THAT WAS ON THE BILL THAT APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE THEY SAID WELL IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR BILL AND SEE THE CODE G568 THEN THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR EACH BOX AT A DIF RATE.

SO I WATCHT HE SAME CABLE IN DIF ROOMS AND DEPENDING WHAT ROOM IM IN, IT WILL COST MORE TO WATCH TV. I DONT THINK SO!!! THANKS VERIZON FIOS FOR HAVING THE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS. NOW THEY HAVE ISSUSES TOO BUT THE DIF IS THEY ACTUALLY ACT LIKE THEY WANT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS.

COMCAST ACTS LIKE THEY COULD CARE LESS. THEN I MOVED TO ANOTHER HOME AND BC SOMEONE LEFT THERE SERVICE THERE AND WITH A BALANCE THEY WOULDNT TURN MY SERVICE ON. I HAD TO FAX MY LEASE AND CREDIT REPORT. WTF I THINK NOT!!!!

THEY WILL NOT GET A DIME FROM ME.

IM SURPRISED THEY HAVENT GONE OUT OF BUSINESS. BUT LIKE THE OTHER POSTS SAYS WE AS CONSUMERS NEED TO STAND UP AND STOP SUPPORTING THESE JACK LEGGERS!!!!

Yes,comcast used to be in complete control over many areas and even had the support of the local government to do so and of course the local govs all got a piece of the comcast pie to do so.The internet is changing that now and their competion is so great now they will be forced to lower prices or go out of business.

#191659

We were paying 50 a month and they raised us out of the blue to 75 a month. and then they turned off our cable from the box by accident.

they took five days to get out here and fix it. the tech had six excuses for them making the mistake and then charged us 27 dollars to fix it.

Comcast seems to create a lot of internal gossip about individuals under the guise of being 'transitioning experts' which creates nothing for people save problems. I was approached by one of the executives in their training group to be coached by her in my workplace through her contacting my corporate office and asking to do it blindly.

She used the information internally to place me in a bad light - completely made up while my company placed her and her group under some sort of compliance.

I'm not sure why they reach out to senior leadership to check on people whom consider them stalking others in their workplace. I've also been visited by some of their former employees in my home who come across like paranoid budhists.

I agree. Big money for no service and a bad attitude!

PLUS, they charge you a month in advance, then shut you off if you're a minute late paying. I will not pay in advance for service. The bill is NEVER the same from month to month. They nickle and dime you to death too.

I shut Comcast off and am going back to Verizon and DirecTV.

Coprporate greed in this country is what is causing the bad economy. Consumers need to stand up for good old fashioned SERVICE and VALUE.

View more comments (5)

Comcast sucks!

What's the point of having On Demand with Comcast if it never works!!! I called and they didn't do anything for me. Said the would check back in 48 hours to see if ti started to work. How is it going to work if they don't do anything. Does that sound On Demand to you?!! Atlanta doesn't have good cable service! We're waiting for Bellsouth to start up a better cable service so we can switch. Along with be cable problems with comcast, the internet is the other huge problem. We are constantly having problems with the internet and comcast. Don't use comcast if you have any other choice!!

Dear Muffinc79,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your On Demand services. I would be more than happy to get you some assistance with this. Please email me at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com if you would like to discuss your matter further.

Sincerely,

Melissa M.

Comcast Customer Connect

National Customer Operations

Comcast ***!

I had to choose comcast as my cable and internet service provider because of where I live and I have been unhappy for the last month of service! My internet has not worked and I was on the phone with the technicians trying to fix it for 4+ hours, now they have someone coming to my house. I also tried logging on to their website to check my account and they can't get that straight either. The customer service reps have been extremely nice, but I am at my wits end! I heard that they are a leading company-COMCAST IS THE WORST!

There is such a love hate relationship with Comcast. They are the gate keeper to our content.

I have actually come to terms with the idea that they are not really going to improve in any dramatic way. I friend of mine pointed me to comcast.ideascale.com to offer suggestions to Comcast.

Others can offer more suggestions and vote on existing ones. Let's let our voices be heard through suggestions.

Maybe your computer is having problems and it is not the fault of Comcast.

View more comments (1)

Comcast Missed Appt and Poor CS

I made appt. on Saturday at the Waldorf Comcast office for a Sun. appt 12pm-3pm. Technician was a no show even with a phone confirmation of appt.. I have not had internet service for 2 wks. CS stated problem was with ZoneLabs. I removed Zonelabs and installed McAfee and the problem has not been resolved. Talked to CS foru times and access to internet problem has still persisted. This has no show for the appt. happened in the past. iExpected to pay for service but technical issues are difficult if not impossible to solve without an act of Congress. Totally dissatisfied customer, slpingbeauty@comcast.net
Loss

Comcast in Spring, Texas - Phone/internet never work. They won't fix it.

In the last 3-4 months, my phone and internet service are completely unreliable. They are down as often as they work and despite numerous calls, I can't get it fixed or my money refunded. They will send a technician who inevitably tells me he's the wrong technician & when I call them back, they try to tell me that it's fixed. Now, I'm done trying to get it fixed, I just want a refund for that time period (which they convinced me to wait to request until it was fixed). They won't give me a refund, because in spite of the fact that I was calling regularly, they believe that it must have been working on the days I didn't call or I would've called. When I explained that some days, I'm not home or don't have time to spend hours with them on the phone, they responded that I can't get a refund for days that it may have worked when I wasn't here to check it. I try to point out the irrationality of that to no avail. The worst thing is, they are doing the same thing to everyone in the neighborhood, so we are all paying for services we aren't receiving and they are refusing to refund our money.
Loss

Comcast is the worst! Cannot access email 50% of the time. They can't fix it. Or won't.

I have had Comcast internet service for several years and had been fairly happy with it. However over the past 6 months or so it has become increasingly more difficult to access my email via their website. Approximately 50% of the time that I attempt to access email, I receive a message saying "Log in failed." And with increasing frequency, I receive the same message while I am reading my email. It simply cuts out and it is hours before I am able to log back into their website. I have made repeated calls to Comcast and spent hours with their techs to no avail. In fact, the more I complain about this problem, the worse it gets. Their customer service is all but nonexistent. They will not even admit this problem exists! I am so frustrated I am considering getting rid of Comcast altogether. I no longer use their phone service because of poor customer service. And the internet is full of customers saying exactly the same thing I'm saying. Evidently, they don't really give a ***.

Comcast Has Been Incredibly Abusive

I am writing to in regards to Comcast Cable Television. My understanding is that the Better Business Bureauhas an unsatisfactory rating of Comcast. My understanding is that they only give two categoriesof ratings - satisfactory and unsatisfactory. Thisprofessional organization found the way that theyconduct business to be poor enough to give them anunsatisfactory rating. Here are a few websites which list complaints against Comcast: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/comcast_isp.html http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/comcast_cable.html http://www.satelliteguys.us/archive/f-107.html My understanding is that every posted complaint represents 500 or more actual ones, since many people do not post complaints generally, and specifically to webpages that have no real power to address their concerns. The behavior towards me has included: 1) Service technicians and customer service represents engaging in consciously vindicitve actions. I even caught them laughing about doing so on more than one occasion. The service tech waited for a key moment in a show and shut off the power to the box right then! 2) Service technicians providing inaccurate informaton (frequently) 3) Customer service represented providing inaccurate information (frequently) 4) Service technicians lying about what problemsare wrong. 5) Service technicians and their bosses consciously trying to evade solving problems. And, as you can review in the posted complaints, myissues with them parallel the experiences of manyother customers. Over the course of two years, I have spent, on average 5 and more hours per month trying to resolve problems with Comcast. Please note what kind of disruption to a person's life that this represents. That, over the course of two years, I have spent something like 120 hours - perhaps 6 full days of my life dealing with problems from this company. And this is the company that we are going to let do national security work for us? Exactly what kind of lunacy is that? They can't even get a TV to work, and we are going to trust them with our lives? This company needs to have its corporate charter revoked. Internet Magazines