Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (763 of 763 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Miami, Florida - They promised a $20 credit for a missed app. and did not give it

I didn't have phone service for 2 weeks and the cable or internet were real bad. I called to schedule a tech to come out, tehy never came i called they told me they would give me a $20 credit and then did not. Such liers...first they don't give good service and then tey don't even give the credits they promised What a shame that they charge for such expensive ervice and then thy don't even deliiver what they promise. I hope I can find a better company soonmn and take my business elsewhere, they don't care.
#201896

I am currently waiting for Comcast to show up for the third time. The first time, they showed up with the wrong equipment.

They did not even bother to show up or call the second time. They are currently a half hour late on their third visit and for all this, I have been told I will receive three twenty dollar credits. We will see if I get it. The messed up thing is, all I want to do is upgrade my service!!.

Get it? I want to spend more money, and they wont let me!.

They are liars. If they just said, we cant get to you for a month, I would have gladly waited a month.

But to have me sit around on three different occasions is ridiculous.

They are either ***, incompetent, or just indifferent. I truly believe the dumbest people in the world go to work for Comcast.

After I put in a request to cancel my phone and give me a double play due to my bill getting higher' a rep said they would give me the triple for $109 for the next 12 months and would credit my current bill $50. Fast foward to today' I paid my "new" ballance but the system says that I owe $50.

I called back and they said a credit was never placed on the account.

THEY LIED TO ME. Now my budjet is F'd up.

i believe there is something wrong with comcast. i suspect (ONLY MY OPINION), Comcast is about to go Adelphia's way, a competitor that went defunct because of management irregularities.

today i wrote a letter to government officials and I will ask the justice department to halt their merger with NBC. I found the company has problems at every level including customer relations, pricing, equipment, management and installations. please write to me at can1z-at-aim.com.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

March 13, 2010 is National "PULL THE PLUG ON CAMCAST" Day!

They know they are powerful and untouchable. But consumers have power in a very simple way. My daughter who is 7 said "mommy just pull out the plug and make them go away forever" Talk about out of the mouths of babes.

HISTORY

I have been trying to get COMCAST to reimburse me for their *** contractor who tried to bury cable in my ornamental flower garden which carried low voltage wiring to an outdoor deck. He blew out my electrical outlet that the wire was plugged into and when I told him to leave it alone, he reconnected it, causing a surge which blew out a HD tv, refrigerator, wireless router and worst of all my entire basement electrical system.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast sucks

Comcast advertises that its internet service is faster than DSL. What Comast won't tell you is that the service is totally unreliable. When I switched to it I had two service outages of about three hours each and then lost service for two days. When I called, I was told Comcast was working on it. I switched back to DSL after a month. And then try to go to the company website to find out what's on. Three out of five times it doesn't work. What a horrible company. And to think we pay for this sort of lying and abuse. The company is good, though, at co-opting the local officials who "oversee" the franchisee. Municipalities are given their own broadcast channel, and far be it from the *** mayors and city councilors to pull the Comcast plug. No matter the abuses endured by their constituents, the politicians want to keep their mugs on the non-viewed broadcast channel. What a joke.

I want to hear your story. Thank you

Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is the worst company in the world

Hello, I no longer have a Comcast account number because I've left and never looked back. I did, however, want to tell my story. I find it really sad that this company operates like this and it requires a blog that they don't even operate to potentially get things done. I have never received such shoddy and incompete customer service in my entire life. My husband and I moved to Maryland about 5 years ago and arranged to have Comcast come to the house to set up the cable and internet service. The previous owners already had Comcast and we didn't want any additional service, just switching it into our name and delivery of our digital box so we could order the occasional pay per view. SIX WEEKS later, 8 appointments (with 8 hour windows - thank goodness I had not started my job yet), we finally got our cable hooked up. Comcast would schedule an appt, I would wait patiently and no one would show up. One Sunday, I was given a 12-8 window. Comcast strung me along until midnight telling me the Tech was in the neighborhood, but got behind. Finally after calling every 15 minutes, an honest customer service tech told me that no one was out any more and I had been lied to repeatedly throughout the evening. No one would ever come to my house that late at night. At that point, I was so desperate to just get service, I would have let them come at 3 am. Depending on the customer service person that answered the phone was the dictator of what type of customer service I got. I requested repeatedly that supervisors call me and that was a real shot in the dark. I went as far up the line as I could because I was so angry I could barely see straight. Unfortunately, my house had so many trees around it, a dish was not an option. I had three pages of log notes for every time I called. Throughout the ordeal, Comcast gave me about $250 in service credits, but still could not get the tech to my house. The next to the last appointment they set for me the tech didn't show. When I called to complain, the customer service rep told me that the technician was at my house and no one came to the door. I knew that was a lie because not only did I sit for the 8 hours on my couch reading a novel, I have two seriously large dogs that tell me if someone is walking within 10 feet of my property line. The customer service rep said the technician described my white door (which was not uncommon in my neighborhood) and I didn't answer the door. After six weeks of trying to give these people my money for a service, they had the temerity to accuse me of yanking THEM around. The insinuation was that somehow I enjoyed wasting approximately 60 hours over six weeks just so I could screw them out of service credits for a service I wasn't getting, I guess. I was astounded. The next appt that was set, the tech finally showed, albeit 2 hours late. I found out he was actually a contractor and a very honest customer service rep told me that they have problems all the time controlling their contractors. The tech couldn't figure out why my brand new digital box wasn't working, he had some serious hygiene issues and could barely speak English. I was horrified and as a woman home alone with this person, I was nervous. Over the next week, we had 3 addtl techs (1 contractor and 2 actual Comcast employees) come to my house to try and fix the digital box. I finally screamed and yelled so loud, they just replaced it. From that point on, my service was fine. If I am ever in a Comcast area again, I will go without cable then to ever do business with them again. My suggestion to anyone looking at Comcast is to run in the other direction. Get bunny ears or a dish. It will save you a lot of pain.
#199728

*** comcast so expensive yet not

working :(

I'm having problems with Comcast as well. The screen goes black, with sound, for up to five hours.

Finally scheduled a technician who came out and fooled around until it worked. Then it went out again. Another technician came out and replaced the box. Same problems.

Called for another tech. While I was talking to the csr, I asked what would happen when my $60.00 monthly package special was up. She told me that it would go up to over $100.00. She "couldn't" help me with any information regarding what other programs were available without adding the phone service to my cable.

Next technician told me I was turning it on wrong. Yee, gads!!

Is anyone in Northern California aware of programs for senior citizens or whatever happened to "Basic" service?

It seems that the digital signal means that you have to have more channels than before ... and pay for them, too.

Fully agree....everytime I had to deal with Comcast, I had a bad experience.

Especially be aware of Comcast.Specials, some through third party sites like Bridgevine, most are a scam

Dave, thanks for your comment, but $250 dollars in credits did not in any way credit me for the amount of time over 6 weeks I spent waiting for the service tech only to be accused of trying to milk the company for credits. It would be different if AFTER they gave me the credits, they tried to make it right, but they didn't and they don't. I still ahd to fight to get my service connected.

Thanks for your input, Rebopine, but the fact that there is a website called Comcast must die with hundreds of similar stories tells me it's a regular customer experience.

I agree with rebopine, your experience sucked, but fact of the matter is, they credited you for the problem, you said yourself over 250$. That sucks but at least they admitted the mistake and gave you due credit. and the contractor, Comcast cannot hire enough people, even in this economy they are constantly hiring technicians and cant keep enough available.

shut up. people can complain about whatever theyd like.

no one asked for your approval. comcast bites.

end of story. :p

This isa typical Customer complaint! I just got off the phone with Comcast about the fact that their contractor came out and instead of giving me a DVR, like I asked for, gave me an HD box.

Here's the kicker, he hooked it up to a TV that is not even close to being HD. It's my bedroom TV and is the old style tube kind!!! After calling Comcast to find out why I couldn't record, she tells me she will send a tech out tommorrow sometime to replace the box and that usually costs $40, but she, out of the goodness of her heart will do it fo rfree. LMAO.

I am moving into a condo and had no choice but to get rid of my dish. I've only had Comcast for 3 hours and I am missing my dish already!!!

Too bad about your experience. My two cents, this sounds like a isolated incident or a rare happening at least.

I've been a Comcast customer for over 10 years and never had a single issue with the service or support. I understand that you are upset and wanted to vent, but you should probably check to see if this is a "regular customer experience" before you start crying out for a boycott.

View more comments (8)

Comcast Screwing MA Customers Maybe More

Just a heads up to Comcast customers at least in MA, and maybe in other regions as well. 6 months ago I switched to limited basic cable (channels 1-20) from extended basic cable (1-99). Our bill went down, but the channels we had access to remained the same (1-99). At first I was pleased because I was getting the same channels for less. But then I called Comcast and got pissed. It turns out that until the recent Tru2Way digital conversion, they could not tell what channels limited basic and extended basic subscribers were getting so they allowed both groups of subscribers to access 1-99 (the extended basic lineup). What this means is that when I was paying for extended basic cable, I was getting the exact same channels as someone paying for limited basic. I'm not sure for how long Comcast could not tell which subscribers were getting what channels but the way I see it, unless I switched to limited basic on the exact day they stopped being able to tell who was getting what channels, they owe me the difference between a limited basic and extended basic subscription for every month that they couldn't tell. We connect without a cable box and I'm not sure whether this applies to people with boxes or even with other subscription levels. I'm pretty furious.

I am a former employee of Comcast and when you switch from expanded basic to limited basic a tech is supposed to come out and place a trap on your line so that you are unable to receive channels above 20 but the techs are lazy and just got out to eat or something while there supposed to be doing there jobs. We raise prices every year we take away channels and charge you more to get them back and blame it all on digital conversion and the FCC when it is really comcasts doing. We overcharge for everything is it really worth it...Well On Demand is great I do give them that.

8 years ago I complained to Comcast that the basic cable out here in California was only offering the local news and that CNN & Fox News was not being offered. THERE WAS NOT A BALANCED NEWS REPORT OFFERED.

After several phone calls and several threats to the FCC and a meeting with the FCC representative, Comcast gave me the extended basic service for the same price as basic.A $40 per month cost difference.A 200% difference.

Everything was fine till 5 weeks ago, without notice I am back on the basic service. Comcast now has refused to bring me back to the extended basic unless I cough up another $40 per month more. I have checked with the FCC, our Sate of California PUC and now I am dealing with our local City that collects the franchise fee from Comcast. The FCC & the State Public Utilites claim this is not their problem.

Any suggestions on how to put balance back to the cable industry would be appreciated. In the meantime I plan to push every button i know to correct this divisive way to offer the news.

View more comments (1)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast Technical Service Sucks!

We came home on a Monday to find ALL three products down...the phone, the cable & Internet! We called and were told that there was trouble in the area. Tuesday...still NOTHING, were told they would send someone out on Wednesday...BUT no one came. Called back and was on cell phone almost an hour wating for resolve...still NOTHING. Called again today (Thursday) and was told we had an appointment from 11-2 and was NOT called to tell us of this! If they do not resove this today, we will QUIT Comcast and we have two accounts! Darlene A. Martinez/Pissed Customer of 9 years.

Why do everyone want to place blame in each and every situation?

Ms. Martinez wanted what she pays for. Someone dropped the ball, passed the buck or however you want to put it. Either way it goes she received the runaround.

And as far as you go, Tech, I understand wanting to defend the company you work for, but put yourself in her shoes. Oh yeah. You probably have been in her shoes. Having to wait until someone tell the truth about a situation.

The only thing an customer really wants in a difficult situation is to be told the truth.

Then in the end it wasn't the fault of Comcast. Also, jobs are routed to techs days in advance.

You were gotten to as quickly as possible. Until a tech comes out a csr can only speculate at best, and at times are not given the reason why even in an outage situation. No one lied to you on purpose, nor hid anything.

The tech found the prolem and fixed it, and again, the problem was not fully known to anyone until they -the tech- came out. Instead of complaining about having nothing, you should have looked at what you did have.

It was not a car hitting a pole, a natuural disaster or any such thing! When the Tech FINALLY came out, he said the line had been deliberately cut, probably from someone on the inside.

It took four (4) days and a different reason each day before we were told the REAL truth! Patience is a virture, so is TRUTHFULNESS!!!

Happy Holidays. Dam

It is called an outage and at times it may take a few days to get things back up and running. Especially if there has been a large disaster, or if a pole has been taken down by a tree falling or automobile accident. Wake up and have some patience.

View more comments (3)

Broken promises from Comcast

I have had cable Internet service since 2000 and never switched service to other company. My record also showed that I paid $395.45(pre paid 1year contract) since 2003. My last Internet payment was 1/11/09($395+$36.xxcable TV=$434.71, with $395 prepaid for all year). And in July 2009, I got bill which indicated that my Internet rate changed to $57.xx/month. Prior to the change, I had never received any notice regarding the rate hike. Back in June, I canceled my cable service with Comcast. At the moment, I had already confirmed with Comcast service rep that the cancellation of the cable TV would have no impact on my internet rate, because the prepaid internet service was carried over from that of previous company (the company was taken over by Comcast). For the following months, several Internet bills with increased rate were sent to me. When I called the service hotline, many service reps didn't even acknowledge the existing prepaid service rate. Finally on Oct. 5th, we had chance talking to business service manager Ron and residential service manager Jerry, they reconsidered my situation and on Oct 7th, when we talked to service rep Manu, he confirmed we should call December 10th to renew our existing prepaid service for $395.45. Unfortunately, when I called again to confirm this arrangement, the answer we got was changed again. Comcast insisted that since we canceled our cable TV service, they permanently removed the special prepaid code from my account. It is a very frustrated situation because I have already prepaid the service since the Jan of 2009, and obviously, the original term should be honored through the entire year. However, apparently the service term for the Internet was changed right after the cancellation of the cable TV. Comcast accepted my money for the entire year of the Internet service thus has to honor its own term, that's a business integrity issue. Yesterday, I again received the Internet bill and it again shows the increased rate for Internet service. So, I called again and this time, the service rep said he was in somewhere in Mexico and didn't have capabilities to deal with this matter. Since July, I have called numerous times to Comcast and almost each time, I had to spent at least an hour on the line and each time I would get different answers. Yet the problem still remains. Comcast simply can't keep their promises and I hope something can be done about it. Being ripped off is not something that a company should reward their longtime customer with!!!!!!

at least you were able to cancel the cable and have the internet.....i don't watch tv but wanted just the internet..they told me i had to purchase cable, not just the basic but the extended cable at a cost of 47 dollars a month!....then charge me for the internet!...these people are friggen crooks!...why should i have to buy something i don't want to get what i do want?....they said that i had to have cbale in order for my internet to work...that is a line of ***!...they turned off my internet by a flick of the internet switch and wala...no internet!...so if they can do that, then why do i have to purchase cable tv to get the internet?.....a monopoly they are for sure too....i cannot get any other type of service where i'm at due to comcast dominating the area.....hmmm....aren't monopoloies suposed to be against the law?....oh, that's right, what laws?...just another consumer complaint there...lol....government corrupt, so how can the consumer get any true and ethical justice?....sorry of the topic....

Comcast in Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Comast refuses to refund money

I had cable and internet with Comcast. The introdutory fees were ok, but soon after a while the fees climbed. On November 2008 I terminated the Internet (fees were outragous). I turned in the equipment at the local office. Last August i got disgusted with their service fees and terminated the able service. A year later, they are saying I didn't return the modem for the internet terminated a year ago. They refuse to return my money. I hope to never do business with omcast again. In no way before last month a year later did the company say anything about the modem. Who would think about keeping a reciept for a year?
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Promised credits by phone, but bill shows same rate

I called in to turn my service off. The CSR told me she didn't want to lose my business and that she would adjust my bill to keep me at the same rate of promotion. I have made numerous calls to Comcast, because I was credited 1 month, but now back at the inflated rate again. They say the same when I call in- "I will go in and credit your account, fix the problem and you will see it on your next bill." Well I haven't!! Anyone else had the same issues that can share the results?

This is true. Contact the better business bureau, they will help you.

The more people that report them to the BBB.

They'll HAVE to finally get some CSR, that know what the heck they are doing. They also MIGHT be able to provide good service ONE DAY!

sosickofcomcast

CSR,

Maybe you need to find a better job, because it's CRS like you at comcast. That make us consumers PISSED!

Then we all leave comcast and you will be without a job. So maybe you need to get a life!

a promotion by its very nature is a special introductory offer with set termination date - you are not entitled to the special rate after the promo expires. what makes you think taht you are so special that you should pay less for the same service as your next door neighbour? get a life.

View more comments (2)
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast in Atlanta, Georgia - Turned off my television service because another customer was late to pay their internet service

My cable service is paid for by my condominium association every month. My tenant has internet service with Comcast and was late to pay his bill. They cut off his service and my cable service. When I called to try and straighten it out, I was passed from one phone number to the next with people who could not speak English well. I was placed on hold for long periods of time. I was told my account was past due but they couldn't give me any information. They refused my request to speak to a supervisor. I could not get my cable service turned back on which of course was paid for by my condo association until my tenant paid his internet bill. I am so angry and frustrated. I wish I could get rid of Comcast. I hate them. To turn off my paid for cable because someone else is late for a different service is pure extortion and I am sure it must be illegal not that that matters.

Who's name is the bill in, and does comcast know theres 2 different people living in the same address?.

Why are you mad at Comcast for turning off the service when they weren't paid... why aren't you mad at your Tenant for not paying the bill?

Comcast Dosen't Finish Installatioin

For over a month now I've been waiting for Comcast to bury a cable that runs from the road to my house. I've made no less than 4 appointments to have this done and the company continues to loose, delete or otherwise disregard these appointments. I've called, visited the local office and used the online chat. All with the same results: I am told the appointment is in the system but I can't get a confirmation number so I should just call the Comcast customer service and it will tell me when my work order is scheduled. Needless to say every time I call I get the infamous "you have no appointments scheduled" message. When I visit the local office I get a run around that Comcast uses subcontractors, only one person has access to the scheduling system in the office, and that person, is of course out. I leave my name, phone number and email but get no response. Winter is coming and the cable is unburied and I'm not paying my bill until Comcast finishes the job they started.

I guess the tone of the letter dictates the tone of the response. You must work for the company, because you seem very knowledgable of the inner working of it.

Apparently, no one explained this to this customer or they wouldn't have had to wait for over a month for advice from you. They could have had a utility company come out like you suggested.

Again, I say - it was the runaround or the personnel are not being trained properly.

In most areas there is a subcontractor who buries most, or all, lines over a certain footage. At times there are factors such as a large abundance of roots from trees, utilities, that will delay the bury until all other lines and such are located. You could hurry the process and have these marked yourself by the utility companies in your area, and it is usually free of charge to have it done.

View more comments (1)