The Incompetency of Comcast

Unfortunately, Comcast is the only service in the area, so we have to use them. However, this is by far the worst experience i have ever had with a company. When we had our initial connection they told us they could ONLY come to our apartment between 7&11 on a Sunday morning. The technician showed up at noon and when i asked him why he was late, his retort was, "Because i got other clients besides you". Um... excuse me? You had FOUR hours to find some time to actually be prompt to my home! Now, Comcast supposedly has an on time guarantee - but because he didn't damage anything while installing it, we still had to pay for waiting all that time for a technician to show up late and have an attitude! Had i known that was as good as it would get, I probably would have told him not to bother. The connection constantly goes in and out, resulting in us losing not only the internet connection, but tv as well. The cable constantly freezes and blacks out or will just lose sound every few seconds (as it's doing now!). Comcast's explanation? Well, they just don't care. When we finally got them to come check it out, we were stood up THREE times before anyone ever actually showed up. And to make matters even more annoying, we are paying for a phone that doesn't work! Why? Because Comcast doesn't feel the need to actually fix it! I have just never in my life experienced anything as horrific as Comcast, in quality and customer service. We are counting the days until FIOS is available and then we can finally tell Comcast where to shove it!
Alexandria, Virginia

Comcast

The best with Comcast is that when I had them, they could have cared less about me. I had their cable (Hi-Def) and their high speed internet. The service would literally go out 3 to 4 days per month and I begged for them to check and change my line. All they did was tell me that it was something else and finally I couldnt take it anymore. Now, they market the heck out of me. The addage, which is true, is that it is 10 times cheaper to keep an existing customer than find a new one. Why wouldnt they just make me happy when they had me? rsb306@lehigh.edu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Loss

Comcast customer service is world class terrible.

We have had Comcast for 4 years and consistently the internet service is terrible, going out during the day. I work from home. Its critical I have an internet connection. When I call they treat me like I am an ***. Its always my equipment and never their problem. We have not had service for a week and after dozems of call to the Office of the President in Philidelphia from our entire neighborhood, yesterday there were finally trucks out looking for issues. The OOP told us it takes 3 calls from one neighborhood to get action. Otherwise they listen and hang up. Two times this week we called and then hung up and called back and got a totally different story. One time the agent hung up on us.
ID
#120863 Review #120863 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is the worst service company I have EVER dealt with

I cannot imagine having worse feelings about a company than those triggered in every interaction I have with Comcast. Other than the initial sales call six months ago when I was handing over hundreds of dollars for their cable-phone-Internet package, every single moment I spend interacting with this organization is beyond frustrating and results in money lost for zero services rendered. And when I say zero, I mean it. Three weeks and several service calls later and I NEVER had working tv, phone or Internet. I cancelled Comcast with NEVER having any service but it still cost me all the initial start up and installation costs. This all took place 6 months ago and now I am receiving additional bills from Comcast. The audacity of this company is beyond belief. So much so that it has instigated my first complaint...a very heartfelt, pissed off complaint!

:( Comcast is nothing but a joke. I pay over a hundred dollars amonth to watch the same movies over & over.

They say it's not them it's the network. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

ID
#120450 Review #120450 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is overcharging me!

I cancelled my cable TV with Comcast on 4/24/08. They are still charging me for it, and when I contacted them to find out why, they said this is standard procedure. I'll be paying until June for cable TV that was turned off almost 2 weeks ago! That's if they aren't lying, again... Why did I cancel it? I was told by customer service when I wanted to cancel the first time that they would extend the package pricing of tv and internet, then was later told after I got my bill at full price for each service that the representative had lied to me. They didn't even attempt to deny it! Don't get an account with them unless you like throwing your money away and being constantly lied to!
ID
#120199 Review #120199 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Salt Lake City, Utah

Comcast is terrible

I signed up for Comcast cable and high speed internet. The installer came over, started the process and then got a phone call and said that his buddy's car had just broken down at the local shopping center and he would go give the guy a jump start and be right back. Well you can guess what happened - he never came back. I called Comcast after a few hours to see what had happened - they said they would look into it and call me back - they never did. The next day I called twice and again they said that they'd look into it and call me back - no call back. Within the next few days I called and called and never got an answer. I even wrote (in old snail mail) to the local office and the corporate headquarters to complain and never heard anything. So I took the equipment back to the local office and dropped the service. I don't know how they can just ignore complaints and I can't see how they can turn off customers who would be spending over $100/month without even a concern - they spend so much money advertising for new customers you'd think they'd care for the ones they had.
ID
#119946 Review #119946 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Baltimore, Maryland

Comcast

When Comcast 1st took over my area there were alot of issue with internet connections after trying 2 cable modems with my accnt they then said we need to send a tech out when the tech came he tested the modem and found it was getting a bad signal so he had put a test modem on the accnt after he did that and called in the test modem he still didnt get a good signal when he called back in he was on speaker phone and i heard them day that there were 3 modems active on the accnt meaning they did not release the other modems out of there system after they had released the other modems the test modem sync up and was pulling a good signal the tech had said we need to replace your modem I questioned it becasue I knew that they didnt release the modems on there end we ended up buying a modem from Comcast and the tech hooked it up 40.00 for the modem I know in this area they took on something like 400,000 new customers and i know i was not the only one that had to buy a new modem alot of residental and commercial accnts had to buy a new modem it just doesnt seem right when you have a cable modem that is working fine and then all of a sudden doesnt and the only HSI cable provider telling you your going to new modem I belive they had flashed or blocked the modems from reciveing a good signal to be able to make a quick buck you can do the math for self even if 20,000 people out of 400k had to buy new modem thats like 800,000.00 nice chunk of cash I would like to see the numbers on how many people they told they new a new modem and how many people went ahead and bought one from comcast and comcast has now said that they dont sell modems anymore they only rent ? And I have to say Insight's service was way better we still have issues with our internet but they dont care about us consumers becasue they know they have the market in my area comcast better get on the ball and provide the best service we ever had
Peoria, Illinois

Comcast - Did Not Listen...Paying for wireless services that is not connected

If by writing this letter, I could receive better services and the answer to my question, a better customer service is what Comcast need to provide. My name is Beverly Walker of Chicago, Illinois. Please re-evaluate my account with Comcast. I needed someone to listen to me. I needed someone to understand. 1 - I order Comcast wireless services. 2 - I was never connected. 3 - I should not have to pay for wireless service that was never connected. On February 9, 2008, I talked to a representative. He tried to walk me through the connection process. It was not completed because I had the Wi-Fi connection. The agent I spoke with knew that I was not connected and so nothing was done since then. But, I did receive a bill for services I never used. I am very upset by Comcast reaction and most of all "why are you charging me?" Your record shows that my service was never connect so why am I being billed. Businesses should not charged people for services that were never received. I don't understand. Please review my account. Your people need to understand also that people do not want or need to pay for services they do not receive.
Chicago, Illinois

Pleased with comcast

I've read where people aren't happy with comcast.internet or hd tv. I have to say that they have been more then willing to help me when I had a problem. They rewired my whole house and had techs here untill my problem was fixed. Every company has it's bad days ,but I'm very satisfied with my comcast and I have triple play, so there's alot that can go wrong. I hope the people that have a problem get them resolved, but as for me I like my comcast. thx ED taynpor in new jersey

thank you for taking the time to post something nice ED.

Plainsboro, New Jersey

Comcast literally Robbed us blind

Comcast is more than terrible. We ordered their Internet service. After a couple months it stopped working. They had a tech come out to our home who deleted my husband's entire machine and then left. Then we moved, and they had an independent contractor install our cable - he cased our home and burglarized it (he gave us a fake name). Comcast refused to give us the tech name for us to pass along to the police. We had to have them out again when we moved- and the same guy who deleted the machine - drilled holes in our house where he wasn't supposed to, climbed into the attic and put cracks in the ceiling - didn't connect the cable (when he left all but one were not working) - failed to separate the Internet from the cable which caused a short - and they refuse to honor their agreement for giving us a credit. The local guy has lied to us and put remarks in our account so we keep getting rerouted to either him or his supervisor who just basically laugh at us. My husband needs the Internet for his business - and they are the only game in town.

I thought this was internet on the topic,

@Confused

I live in Ft. Lauderdale in a condo.

Dishes (as used by Direct TV and others) are not allowed to be connected to any part of the building or the grounds. Comcast is the ONLY alternative and they know it and take full advantage of it.

First if you were robbed, I would hope you filed a police report, with any information that you have. That would be the first step. I am sure we would be able to work with them so they could question the person to your home. I am not sure what you mean separate internet from cable? They both come through the same line. I am happy it was all resolved in the end. If you do need assistance, email us.

Frank Eliason

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

what kind of isolated place do you live in.. How can Comcast be the only game?

Ms D

Comcast is not a nice company. We had them for a few years because there was no alternative. We moved out of our apartment into a house a year & a half ago. A rental, not ours. We went ahead and just transferred our service for the time being as it was easier than finding a new company until we were settled in.

They sent out a tech who proceeded to go into each room and cut the connectors in each room that was not getting a box. Did I already say this was a RENTAL? Not our house, and he destroys something that was perfectly functional prior to his touching it?

Needless to say we quickly did our research and switched to a local provider who bundled our phone service Both a main house line & fax line, and our internet & my daughters wireless plan into the TV package and we now pay LESS than we were paying for Comcast for just TV service!

But it doesn't end there. I walked those boxes in myself & turned them in, making sure to get a receipt. I'll be darned if I didn't spend another 2 months arguing with them about turning me IMMEDIATELY over to collections for unreturned boxes.

It was finally resolved, thanks goodness I keep my documentation.

But I tell you, if Comcast were the only service available.....my family would just have to make do with dvds.

What does separate the internet from the cable mean?

View more comments (5)
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Pissed Comcast Customer

Comcast complaints can be made by calling this number. 1-800-593-9692. This is a number that is sacred to comcast employees, and comcast employees will not give it to you willingly It reached my hands "in error" if I should say. It is funny how you can easily google 1-800-COMCAST, and get over 300,000 search results, and... God forbid you try to google 1-800-593-9692. No search results, plus this number is not listed anywhere on Comcast's website!! There! You have it. Call over 100 times if you have to. I had to make over 10 phonecalls to have my service restored. It took 8 days for them to come.

I was talked into purchasing a phone line in addition to my business internet in order to save money on the installation and monthly rate. I called to cancel the service but they would not do so because I did not have the security pin.

I had to request a new pin only available via mail. By the time I received it, the 30 day cancellation period ended. I am now told that I would owe nearly $700 in order to cancel the phone line.

They refuse to discuss the matter beyond telling me that the 30 days has passed. The sales rep was Kahlil El

kahlil_el@cable.comcast.com

Phone: 610.234.3786

They are criminals. Awful. Burn in ***..

this is a shame when you call and your transferred several times and it just hangs up on you, its also a shame that Comcast has the worst answering system. I have spent several hours and had them tell me that it want happen again.

Cannot seem to get bill charged out like it is suppose to be.

Always over charging and they want pay you back there figure out a way to rebill and up charge for something else. Worst cable company in the world.

The comcast experience should be shared with newly weds... Take notes, be specific, every detail.

You will benefit from

this happening, this chapter in your life, you will be an educated consumer after this test. Thank you, guido.

I tried to reach that number however, I received an error message stating this number can not be reached from my calling area

:? comcast sucks to the highest of sucktivity went out in the middle of superbowl called in service out for three days bill constantly goes up every month,jackson ms will be leaving comcast goes out whenever it rains

Ok' so I decide to change from comcast to Att. I return my equipment (takes one and a half hours to do) and am advised not to pay bill until final bill comes in a couple of weeks.

New bill comes. Doubles old bill. I call and rep apologizes and says that they will make proper adjustment. I question late charge, asking how I can be dunned when I didn't get a bill.

They agree to remove late charge. Two weeks later new bill comes, no late charge but fifty buck charge for not returned equipment. I explain that I did return the equipment and that I have receipt for same. They apologize tell me it will be fixed in two days or less.

I offer to fax receipt, they tell me no need. Week later, new bill comes, still has charge for not returned equipment, I call and they tell me to fax copy of receipt. This bill threatens to refer me to collection agency. I speak with rep and rep tells me that if receipt is forwarded to them that there will be no referral to agency.

Today bill comes from collection agency - weirdly enough or correct amount. I call comcast, they tell me that I own twice as much as I actually do through automatic menu, when i speak with agent he tells me I owe a hundred bucks more than I owe.

Agent tells me to fax receipt. These people SUCK

June 28, Getting 28 t0 50 KBs upload now for a month.

Thedownload is so slow Face book doesn't even work.

I called 5 days ago and the said it would be resolved.

XFinity My Butt. More like X-Wife..

Well there ya go... Comcast Crooks..

My mother visited Comcast located inside the Brandsmart store at 7260 North Kendall Dr. in Miami Fl.

to inquire about your services and possibly switching from AT&T U-verse to Comcast and one of your employees, who identified himself as George Alvarez, was extremely bad mannered to her after she did not accept the recommendation of the services he suggested.

She just wanted to consult with her family before making a decision to switch her services. She is a senior citizen and I personally find that his actions are not only unprofessional but disrespectful and gives a dreadful reputation to your company to a potential customer who was merely inquiring about your services.

Had an appointment today at 2 all I got was a dumb machine call did not give it any attention because that machine called up the previous day telling me that "IF YOU WERE NOT TO CANCEL THIS SERVICE, YOU SHOULD NOT DO ANYTHING AT THIS TIME." Called them up and they said I cancelled the appointment by not calling back. Huh?!?

that's the dumbest thing a CABLE company can do; rely on a MACHINE to tell you if the customer is still willing to get cable service from you. On top of that, those call center people can't even get a hold of the technicians out in the field.

View more comments (41)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Loss
I was a Direct Sales Installer in Beaverton, Oregon. Complained to Curt Henninger about corruption in my department involving my co-worker, Chris McQuery, our lead, Alan Jost, our supervisor, Don Willis, Don's supervisor, Tim Ream, and Tim's supervisor, Mike...

boy could I tell you stories about NJ , same stuff

View more comments
ID
#111945 Review #111945 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Portland, Oregon