Comcast sucks!

I've had a terrible experience with trying to get Comcast wireless internet and phone set up in my home. Two service appts (both with the tech arriving late). One service appt on the wrong day (I was at work). Numerous hour+ phone calls trying to get the system to work. Sometimes they couldn't find my account -- had to transfer me to the billing department where (surprise, surprise) they found me with no problem! Finally, in total frustration, I canceled the internet service altogether. Now I'm waiting for the bill to see if they actually take that portion off. I don't know if there's a government agency that regulates them, but I'm guessing no -- because they can charge whatever they want and treat customers any way they want to.
Medford, New Jersey

Comcast - Rip off!

Comcast is an absolute rip off. I signed up for one service and got another (which was of course more expensive as comcast wouldn't have it any other way!) I went without internet service for 1 month because the tech screwed up and then they charged me 50 dollars to have someone else come "fix" the problem. It took 4 seperate appts times for a tech to finally arrive and give me service. Horrible Horrible Horrible is how I would describe this service and the customer service dept. They didn't give me a credit for the lack of service and didn't honor the package that I orginally signed up for and wanted to purchase.

Signed up with Comcast for 1 tv, no extras. Just television, no added HBO or Showtime and got medium speed internet.

Bill started at 69 bucks a month and within 12 months sky rocketed to 140.00 a month!

And no additional services did we add at anytime. Terrible.

I TOO HAD COMCAST SERVICE. EVERY MONTH THE BILL GOT HIGHER AND HIGHER.

THEY HAD TO COME TO MY HOME 4 DIFFERENT TIME TO INSTALL THE CABLE. THEN LEFT THE CORDS ALL OVER THE PLACE IN EXCESS. I MENA FOR WHAT. WHO WANTS TO TRIP OVER CORDS EVERDAY.

THEN MY PICTURES KEPT JUMPING BECAUSE OF A DEFECTIVE BOX. AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO HAVE SOMEONE COME OUT A YOUNG MAN CAME WITHA DVR AND SAID NO CHARGE. HOWEVER, IT WOULDNT BE COMECAST IF THEY DIDNT CHARGE ME AN EXTRA 17 AMONTH FOR SOMETHING I DIDNT ASK FOR. THE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE ANY OF THE BOXES I HAD IN MY HOUSE(THE SMALL ONE AND THE BIG ONE) THEN WHEN I ASKED ABOUT A CHARGE THAT WAS ON THE BILL THAT APPEARED OUT OF NO WHERE THEY SAID WELL IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR BILL AND SEE THE CODE G568 THEN THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE BILLED FOR EACH BOX AT A DIF RATE.

SO I WATCHT HE SAME CABLE IN DIF ROOMS AND DEPENDING WHAT ROOM IM IN, IT WILL COST MORE TO WATCH TV. I DONT THINK SO!!! THANKS VERIZON FIOS FOR HAVING THE THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCTS. NOW THEY HAVE ISSUSES TOO BUT THE DIF IS THEY ACTUALLY ACT LIKE THEY WANT TO KEEP YOUR BUSINESS.

COMCAST ACTS LIKE THEY COULD CARE LESS. THEN I MOVED TO ANOTHER HOME AND BC SOMEONE LEFT THERE SERVICE THERE AND WITH A BALANCE THEY WOULDNT TURN MY SERVICE ON. I HAD TO FAX MY LEASE AND CREDIT REPORT. WTF I THINK NOT!!!!

THEY WILL NOT GET A DIME FROM ME.

IM SURPRISED THEY HAVENT GONE OUT OF BUSINESS. BUT LIKE THE OTHER POSTS SAYS WE AS CONSUMERS NEED TO STAND UP AND STOP SUPPORTING THESE JACK LEGGERS!!!!

Yes,comcast used to be in complete control over many areas and even had the support of the local government to do so and of course the local govs all got a piece of the comcast pie to do so.The internet is changing that now and their competion is so great now they will be forced to lower prices or go out of business.

#191659

We were paying 50 a month and they raised us out of the blue to 75 a month. and then they turned off our cable from the box by accident.

they took five days to get out here and fix it. the tech had six excuses for them making the mistake and then charged us 27 dollars to fix it.

Comcast seems to create a lot of internal gossip about individuals under the guise of being 'transitioning experts' which creates nothing for people save problems. I was approached by one of the executives in their training group to be coached by her in my workplace through her contacting my corporate office and asking to do it blindly.

She used the information internally to place me in a bad light - completely made up while my company placed her and her group under some sort of compliance.

I'm not sure why they reach out to senior leadership to check on people whom consider them stalking others in their workplace. I've also been visited by some of their former employees in my home who come across like paranoid budhists.

I agree. Big money for no service and a bad attitude!

PLUS, they charge you a month in advance, then shut you off if you're a minute late paying. I will not pay in advance for service. The bill is NEVER the same from month to month. They nickle and dime you to death too.

I shut Comcast off and am going back to Verizon and DirecTV.

Coprporate greed in this country is what is causing the bad economy. Consumers need to stand up for good old fashioned SERVICE and VALUE.

View more comments (5)
Burlington, Vermont

Comcast sucks!

What's the point of having On Demand with Comcast if it never works!!! I called and they didn't do anything for me. Said the would check back in 48 hours to see if ti started to work. How is it going to work if they don't do anything. Does that sound On Demand to you?!! Atlanta doesn't have good cable service! We're waiting for Bellsouth to start up a better cable service so we can switch. Along with be cable problems with comcast, the internet is the other huge problem. We are constantly having problems with the internet and comcast. Don't use comcast if you have any other choice!!

Dear Muffinc79,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your On Demand services. I would be more than happy to get you some assistance with this. Please email me at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com if you would like to discuss your matter further.

Sincerely,

Melissa M.

Comcast Customer Connect

National Customer Operations

Tustin, California

Comcast ***!

I had to choose comcast as my cable and internet service provider because of where I live and I have been unhappy for the last month of service! My internet has not worked and I was on the phone with the technicians trying to fix it for 4+ hours, now they have someone coming to my house. I also tried logging on to their website to check my account and they can't get that straight either. The customer service reps have been extremely nice, but I am at my wits end! I heard that they are a leading company-COMCAST IS THE WORST!

There is such a love hate relationship with Comcast. They are the gate keeper to our content.

I have actually come to terms with the idea that they are not really going to improve in any dramatic way. I friend of mine pointed me to comcast.ideascale.com to offer suggestions to Comcast.

Others can offer more suggestions and vote on existing ones. Let's let our voices be heard through suggestions.

Maybe your computer is having problems and it is not the fault of Comcast.

Bronx, New York

Comcast Missed Appt and Poor CS

I made appt. on Saturday at the Waldorf Comcast office for a Sun. appt 12pm-3pm. Technician was a no show even with a phone confirmation of appt.. I have not had internet service for 2 wks. CS stated problem was with ZoneLabs. I removed Zonelabs and installed McAfee and the problem has not been resolved. Talked to CS foru times and access to internet problem has still persisted. This has no show for the appt. happened in the past. iExpected to pay for service but technical issues are difficult if not impossible to solve without an act of Congress. Totally dissatisfied customer, slpingbeauty@comcast.net
Washington, District Of Columbia
Loss

Comcast - Phone/internet never work. They won't fix it.

In the last 3-4 months, my phone and internet service are completely unreliable. They are down as often as they work and despite numerous calls, I can't get it fixed or my money refunded. They will send a technician who inevitably tells me he's the wrong technician & when I call them back, they try to tell me that it's fixed. Now, I'm done trying to get it fixed, I just want a refund for that time period (which they convinced me to wait to request until it was fixed). They won't give me a refund, because in spite of the fact that I was calling regularly, they believe that it must have been working on the days I didn't call or I would've called. When I explained that some days, I'm not home or don't have time to spend hours with them on the phone, they responded that I can't get a refund for days that it may have worked when I wasn't here to check it. I try to point out the irrationality of that to no avail. The worst thing is, they are doing the same thing to everyone in the neighborhood, so we are all paying for services we aren't receiving and they are refusing to refund our money.
Spring, Texas
Loss

Comcast is the worst! Cannot access email 50% of the time. They can't fix it. Or won't.

I have had Comcast internet service for several years and had been fairly happy with it. However over the past 6 months or so it has become increasingly more difficult to access my email via their website. Approximately 50% of the time that I attempt to access email, I receive a message saying "Log in failed." And with increasing frequency, I receive the same message while I am reading my email. It simply cuts out and it is hours before I am able to log back into their website. I have made repeated calls to Comcast and spent hours with their techs to no avail. In fact, the more I complain about this problem, the worse it gets. Their customer service is all but nonexistent. They will not even admit this problem exists! I am so frustrated I am considering getting rid of Comcast altogether. I no longer use their phone service because of poor customer service. And the internet is full of customers saying exactly the same thing I'm saying. Evidently, they don't really give a ***.
San Jose, California

Comcast Has Been Incredibly Abusive

I am writing to in regards to Comcast Cable Television. My understanding is that the Better Business Bureauhas an unsatisfactory rating of Comcast. My understanding is that they only give two categoriesof ratings - satisfactory and unsatisfactory. Thisprofessional organization found the way that theyconduct business to be poor enough to give them anunsatisfactory rating. Here are a few websites which list complaints against Comcast: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/comcast_isp.html http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cable_tv/comcast_cable.html http://www.satelliteguys.us/archive/f-107.html My understanding is that every posted complaint represents 500 or more actual ones, since many people do not post complaints generally, and specifically to webpages that have no real power to address their concerns. The behavior towards me has included: 1) Service technicians and customer service represents engaging in consciously vindicitve actions. I even caught them laughing about doing so on more than one occasion. The service tech waited for a key moment in a show and shut off the power to the box right then! 2) Service technicians providing inaccurate informaton (frequently) 3) Customer service represented providing inaccurate information (frequently) 4) Service technicians lying about what problemsare wrong. 5) Service technicians and their bosses consciously trying to evade solving problems. And, as you can review in the posted complaints, myissues with them parallel the experiences of manyother customers. Over the course of two years, I have spent, on average 5 and more hours per month trying to resolve problems with Comcast. Please note what kind of disruption to a person's life that this represents. That, over the course of two years, I have spent something like 120 hours - perhaps 6 full days of my life dealing with problems from this company. And this is the company that we are going to let do national security work for us? Exactly what kind of lunacy is that? They can't even get a TV to work, and we are going to trust them with our lives? This company needs to have its corporate charter revoked. Internet Magazines

Kearny, New Jersey
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast has failed to provide proper Internet connection

After struggling for the past couple of weeks to keep my Internet connection up and running for longer than one minute at a time, I managed to have a technician come to my home to fix the problem. Not once did he check any of the outdoor connections to see if that could possibly be the problem. He finally relented to giving me a newer modem he was supposed to have walked in with; unfortunately that didn't make any difference. He said he couldn't do anything and I needed to have my computer worked on. It works just fine in the shop that just finished servicing it; it's only while using their connection, that things don't work the way they should. This man was sloppy in appearance, was talking to his wife on his cell phone when he entered my home and continued talking to her for about five minutes after his arrival. Keep in mind that the man I spoke to to set up the appointment on July 10, 2008 ran a couple of tests from his site and he even said the problem was on their end not mine. I want to work from home however that doesn't appear to be a possibility as long as my ISP is failing to provide the service I'm paying for. I've also noticed that the signal is much stronger after midnight, however Comcast refuses to listen. I know someone who works for them and will be finding out who to send a complaint to regarding the lack of help I received on Friday. July 11, 2008. I am definately not a happy person right now.
Dallas, Texas
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - Still no service after 10 days!!!

I lost service on 6/26/08, called Comcast to notify and they said they were "working on it." 6/27/08 they are still working to resolve. 6/28/08 issue still not resolved. 6/30/08 issue resolved but my internet is still not working. Comcast will send a technician on 7/1/08 - I explained I will be on vacation, will need to set appointment for 7/8/08 between the hours of 4-7PM when I return. Called to confirm 7/8/08 and told this appointment was canceled. Customer service agents name not listed on the report - they had no problem taking my $180 this month for services, yet I still have no internet service. Hey Comcast what's Verizon's phone number??????
Lexington, Massachusetts

Excessive Problems with Comcast Billing

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Comcast's service. I placed an order last month through the internet. I ordered digital preferred with HBO for 39.99/month for six months and high speed internet for 19.99/month for six months. The installation fee was 29.99. I did not receieve an email confirmation so I called the office and the rep confirmed the rates for me. These rates are STILL on your website. I paid the technician 92.93 after installation for installation and first month's charges as the rep told me I had to. This was on 06/08/2008. I just received a statement yesterday with completely different rates and was charged again for JUNE-JULY and for July-August. The rates are the normal rates. To solve the issue, I first contacted my local office at 202-635-5100. After half an hour, I was told by both the representative and the supervisor that since I ordered this online, it could only be solved online through a customer service rep as they did not have the codes for internet promos. They could not even provide me with a phone number to contact for online support. So I got on the internet and signed onto your chat system. I spoke with a representative for nearly an hour only to be told that they too do not have the necessary codes and I would have to contact my local office. I told her MANY times that I ALREADY called my local office and they were of no help. The chat rep insisted, however, that I call my local office as they would be the only ones that could help me. I was given this number: 301-424-4400. The chat rep was completely UNHELPFUL. I have a print out of the transcript. I then called this number to be told the same thing, that this could only be solved online because the local office does not have access to internet promo codes. This promo has not expired. IT IS ON YOUR CURRENT WEBSITE. I do not understand how it is possible that no one has the codes for CURRENT promos. Are you just lying about these promos then? I was told by the local office to go to the local payment center with a copy of my work order as proof that I had in fact ordered those rates. Everyone has been USELESS and unable to help me. It is ridiculous for a company of Comcast's caliber to not have a copy of my work order for a rep to pull up. It is further unacceptable for the company to not have an account of what my 92.93 was for. All the reps told me that while they saw I had paid 92.93, they had absolutely no idea what it was for. I have wasted nearly 2 hours this morning trying to resolve this with absolutely no progress. Now I have to go home to get the work order during my lunch break, come back to work, then take the bus and train to go to the payment center with the HOPE that it MAY be solved, no guarantees. This is the first time, I am having to go to an office to resolve a billing issue. This is unacceptable. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO? WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE CODES THAT YOU ADVERTISE ON YOUR WEBSITE? I AM MOST LIKELY GOING TO CANCEL COMCAST, BUT NOT BEFORE THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED TO MY SATISFACTION.

I've been fighting with them over a bill since April. They are tring to tell me I can't downgrade my services until I bring my bill current, which would mean paying the disputed amount.

I believe this is a corporate scam and deliberate ripoff. No company that large could survive being this grotesquely incompetent.

Over billing, lying service reps. Tired of it.

i think joining a class action against them is a great idea. let me know if you know of an on-going one.

I have yet to receive a correct bill from Comcast in 11 statements. This company is openly defrauding consumers monthly and I'd like to join a class action.

View more comments (3)
New York, New York
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast/Suscom - Overpriced internet, with restrictions!

Recently my old provider suscom, has been bought out and or merged with comcast. Either way I have had COUNTLESS issues with their service. Here is a list for avoiding this company: a) Packet drops and inconsistency. While attempting game play constantly I have issues with information not going in/out as fast as it should be. Which creates choke and packetloss. Our package supports 300 KB/s down and 30 KB/s up; the game only approx 1/3 of this. b) Poor customer service. I have made countless calls to get a single problem fixed; random net drops, never was the issue resolved until it had just randomly gone away. My guess is they were aware of this issue and were dealing with it quietly. I can live with that, but not when it takes 2 months+. c) Restrictions! I was recently asked to write a program for someone involving socks4/5 proxy support. When the socks4 support was not working properly I of course assumed the problem was on my end. After investigation and having others test the software I came to the realization it was my provider. I tried through my provider on several different computers and operating systems just to be thorough. Another case is a news post a few months back about how they have the right to restrict our upload capabilities'because they are over selling bandwidth'. While restrictions are not immediate it basically means if you are uploading excessively you will get capped! So much for you get what you pay for? d) Since we are on the topic of price, we are paying 49/mo for the package I described above. The package which often does not meet terms, with many faulty conditions. For those that are unaware 49/mo for a 3mb-down(300 KB/s) package is EXTREMELY overpriced. Sadly castcom is the only provider in this area, and they know it.
Laconia, New Hampshire
Comcast Internet Service

Loss of wages due to COMCAST

My girlfriend, Judith Lamb, has been refused contact with customer service supervisors. Her service was disconnected accidentally by a COMCAST service person. She called and a representative restarted her service, however, her high speed internet was not connected as well as she was charged as if she was being connected for the first time. Everytime she calls now, she is put on hold and then disconnected and refused service. As I am a comcast customer as well, I think it is totally unacceptable that she was refused contact with a supervisor. She cares for a woman and it puts strain on her schedule to take days off waiting for a comcast technician that doesn't show up - as was the case today(6/12/2008). Judith also takes classes online and not having internet access is affecting her class performance. Judith's 9-year old son has a brain disease called Chiari Malformation and utilizes the internet to feverishly research the disease and any experts that may be available to help in the treatment of her son. Bottom line, I would like Rick Germano - SVP COMCAST customer support, to contact Judith personally and please re-assure her that this issue will be resolved and the process of rectifying her service and faith that her voice as a COMCAST customer will be heard. I would like to know if there is any legal recourse she can take to offsett her loss of pay as a result of waiting for a comcast service representative who does not show up to rectify her service. Damage Resulting Loss of wages due to the COMCAST service person not showing up as promised. Inability to seek additional resourses towards the treament of her child with a brain disorder, Chiari Malformation. Inability to participate in ONLINE courses for schooling she has enrolled and paid for.

It is crazy to think everyone has 5 hours during a work day to sit around and wait for a Tech. to show up.

On the other hand, if you work with the customer support center, they will give you the Tech's. cell phone and you can call him and get a better time when he/she might be there.

I have done this. Insight was good about it, I don't know about Comcast yet.

Comcast did not force her to take time off of work. That being the case, she voluntary took time off work to be there, so she cannot do anything for lost wages.

She can, however, of course, take them to court over recharging her a connection fee as well as making her pay for services that she did not have at the time. (I.E, if your cable box is out for two weeks and you call to report it, they have to credit you those two weeks of service.)

Salem, Massachusetts

Comcast is horrible

Comcast cable has the worst customer service ever. Funny this is supposed to be a service industry and they suck at it! I tried to order service and called up several time only to get hung up on a few times. The other times that I did speak to someone they had conflicting stories/ offers/ promotions then the previous salesman. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life. Hope i never have to go through it again. I do not wish this one anyone. Comcast is a rip-off someone should put a stop to the monolopy they have on this industry.

no surprise to anyone i think... Comcast needs competition to force them to improve their services and be competitive with pricing. I hope FIOS puts a BIG pinch on them soon - sooner the better

Read the fine print on their new Comcast phone service too. It advertises $19.99 for unlimited long distance and the other goodies.

But if you read the fine print that rate goes up to about $45.00 after 6 months. Considering how quickly they jacked up their rates after the Insight buy out, they will most likely pump up their phone rates too. Most likely they will consider the month you order, like in the middle of it, an entire month of the first 6.

This happened to me once with AT&T. Comcast needs to get their act together with their HDTV service and On Demand movies freezing up and quit worrying about stealing customers from the phone companies.

East Brunswick, New Jersey

Comcast - Worst service of all time

Comcast has the worst customer service department I have ever dealt with. In the last year I have had no less than 10 service calls to my home for dysfunctional cable boxes, loss of video on demand, and loss of signal(in less than 1 year). Their technicians never can get my service working for more than 2 weeks in a row, so I have just given up and will go back to my satelite dish. When i call them about my continued problems they just say that they'll send another technician. Even after speaking to supervisors, I get little help.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi