Comcast Internet Outages

I can see DC from my apartment in Arlington, VA. One would think that I would have excellent internet speed and reliability being in the middle of a major metropolitan area. Not even close. When I am sitting home during the day the internet drops about 10 times, even the cable tv drops off. Do I pay less for this service, uh, no. Does comcast care? Nope, they want to be paid to come out and fix their own problem !!! Our internet service is so unreliable that we can't bring work home because we can't depend on using the internet. I can't stream video because the internet drops too frequently. The worst part is that Comcast is the only provide to my apartment building so as badly as I want to switch I can't.
Arlington, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast making LAME excuses about *** service.

I was patient with Comcast when our internet, phone, and television went out thanks to snow and heavy storms earlier in the year. However, besides those legitimate reasons, we've had hours and hours of completely random downtime for NO reason lately. We've been using Comcast for four years now and it's been absolutely excellent service up until this year. Last night, our services all went down around midnight. It was a comfortable 60 *** our area at the time, welcome since we'd just been through a heat wave around here. Service wobbled back and forth between present and nonexistent the next morning around 7 AM (65 F). At 10 AM (70 F), we called to ask what was wrong with our service. Their excuse was "the heat has been causing problems with our network." YEAH RIGHT! We had no problems during the heat wave (100+ degrees for 3 days in a row), nor have we had any problems during ANY summer heat up until this year. What a pathetic excuse for a lie. It's still better than Qwest, whose usual excuse was, "Derp, we don't know! You'll just have to wait." They would then proceed to leave us without internet for weeks and bill us for it. Oh Comcast, what happened? How the mighty have fallen.
#72054

When service goes out in 80, 90, 100 degree weather it's a called sun outages... look it up.

I've had comcast service for 8 years and a cable modem for 7. Everything has been set up the same way until about 4 yrs ago went go HD box.

Now Internet is dropping over and over during certain parts of the day.

Comcast says it is the signal, but they did some 'upgrade' about 6 weeks ago which is when the problem starting occurring . cable modem is fine, comcast sucks.

Call Comcast and ask them to test the signal into your home. It sounds like a problem with the drop line especially after the winter.

In my area Comcast goes out between 8pm - 1am every single night. Other people in the neighborhood experience this too.

Everytime we call Comcast they say our cable modem is bad.

Huh? We told the technician this and the people on the phone every single time we call but everytime it's a different excuse.

View more comments (3)
Salem, Oregon

Comcast comm. sucks

i have the comcast bungle in headland ,al.we have the sorriest service i've ever seen.all of it goes out once a day at least.the service is terrible,the people in the office are very rude and they lie to you about showing up for a sevice call.today is friday and i'm still waiting for them to show up on a call since sunday.oh ***,i could write a book.comcast just sucks.thats it.garrett dykes.the phone don't work,hd sucks and the internet works as slow as dial up does at times.

There own service people have told me that Comcast could care less.

Dothan, Alabama

Comcast's Hidden Charges!

We have been customers with Comcast for several years. We have only stayed with them despite poor quality and rising cost with decreasing product out of the inconvience of changing our 3 services (TV, Phone & Internet) with them. That has changed now! We are done with Comcast. We have had problems with them almost from the beginning. Tech was called due to poor phone service. Thought we had "illegal" cable due to wiring done by his own company! We were told there was "too much noise coming from the street" and he made adjustments. Service better for a while then back to worst! Continued to call Comcast several times over the years for poor phone, internet and cable TV service. It would get better then back to worst. Recently, fed up again, I called Comcast. Tech came out and replaced modem. Got bill for $30.00 Trip Charge! Called Comcast and was told "it's up to tech if you get charged, what!" Claimed I was told previously there would be a charge which is a blatent lie. With all the problems we have been having, if we were told we would be charged I would have said "don't bother coming out, we will be changing our company." Tech claimed he did inside wiring repairs and I told them no he did not we were home and did not see him do any such thing!" I was told well the tech "said he did" so that charge stays! I told them that I suspect fraud and will contact the State Attorney's office and my lawyer because I refuse to pay for something I did not receive! We will be cancelling our service with Comcast ASAP! We are not lying about this. I am so glad we will not have to deal with this company's poor service from now on! Jacksonville, FL

I am now done with ComCast. The install charge was never mentioned and it was very high cost.

I thought I had done a good comparison shopping but I was wrong.

Customer Service should review all the costs with a new customer -- they shoudl not expect a new customer to ask them... I think the Reps are afraid they will lose the new customer if they mention the set up charges.

They lost my business for good.

comcast is a very deceitful company. they manipulate people and they can't explain the charges that they put in their customers bill.

i hate the company. i think they should close if they dont change thier system. i know that it's a business and they should get profit but come on! be fair.

they should not steal from innocent people's pockets!

i suggest get out now. change your service provider.

#419606

I've had comcast had my mew apartment since November and just receiving a bill last week. They cut it off this morning.

I open it and they say I owe $486.23. How did that even happen???

When I call no one can tell me where it came from but insist I pay it to restore service. Ha

services of all big companies in general has gone down. wat i dont get is when people have someone come out and do work they expect it to be free/// WTF...

honestly if its a charge you dont agree with ask for a sup if you get a bad apple. its not like every single rep on the phone is out to get you or in a bad mood. thats just assinine to think this way.

but this is the thought process of the typical american sheep. pathetic

Comcast's quality of service has been decreasing for sometime now but the cost continues to go up. Everyone I know that has Comcast has NOT been happy with it.

Get out now and save yourself the headache.

I wouldn't have paid either. If they will give up a customer they've had for a lousey $30.00, take your business elsewhere.

View more comments (4)
Jacksonville, Florida

Comcast - Email address passsword

everytime i tried to do something on here it asked me for my email address and password. i tried to put lataushaforrest@hotmail.com and password and a screen pops up and sayes that email and password are wrong it is hard for me to do anything with out it. i dont know if i am doing it wrong or what i need help.i want to be able to get on line to chat and play games for a audlt and kids once i get that everything might be alright i dont have nothing else to say i hope that this can help me with my problem

Usually contacting the provider is a good idea. if you have an issue call them they will have your email address and password ready for you. it is your comcast email it is asking for

maybe they want your comcast.net email address

Indianapolis, Indiana
Loss

Comcast - The worst company I have ever dealt with!

From day 1 we have had nothing but problems with Comcast. We have internet and cable and the installer didn't install the internet correctly. The tech who came out to check the problem never even left his truck and then we got the runaround for a month until we had a friend fix the problem. They never compansated us or even appologized. We were charged for that whole month when we didn't even have service. We then have had too many problems with our cable and internet to list. Ooo and RUDE customer service including managers.We have spent numerous hours on the phone aurguing with them. We are canceling our service after 8 months and I am sure we will be robbed of our deposit .

I will never deal with comcast agian. I was a loyal customer for years, then they became bigger and bigger.

Anyway I got the 3 for 99 bundle that was set for a year or supposed to be then with in 6 months they had raise the price three times. I called to cancel and told them at my previous residents I had them and loved them. I also told them how disappointed I was that they were jumping prices the way they were. I was told go somewhere else if you are to cheap to pay for our service.

So that is what I did, after about three weeks of them refusing to remove their phone line from my house and keeping it so I could not call out on it. I was 8 months preggie and fought for about 4 hours a day. then they would no longer take my calls or hang up on me when I called. Finally I had to contact a lawyer andPublic commision and have them forced out.

Then to top it off when Verizon came to put my line in all the phone lines were cut.

He said this is common with comcast customers. They could offer everything they have free and everyone else could charge 500.00 a month and I still would not use comcast :(

Your company is the worst I have seen in my 35 years as a resident of ElDorado County. We have had your techs out several times to fix problem with your equipment. The first time you gave us a bad cable box. Most recently we had no internet. Your techs came out to look at the router, and and blamed it on our brand new computer.We then spent money trying to get our computer fixed, and in the end we called you back when nothing worked.Your wireless tech said it was comcasts router and guided us through the process of rebooting our router because of bad software uploaded to the router ie- "The Google Bug". After calling and making a formal complaint about the tech's that came to the house that day and did nothing.We then spoke with customer no-service tech #9U?, he assured us that we would recieve a $30 credit on our account and promised us 16 mgbs for 1 year. This of course did'nt happen and we had to place another call. After being on hold for over 30 min. and 3 customer no-service people, we spoke with Micheal #YCS and since there was no record of the conversation with tech #9U? told us in so many words that we are screwed and all they can offer is a pro-rate for the internet that we were down in the amount of $9.50 ish. In hind sight I don't know what I could have done differently. I guess this is a sign of the times that big business doesnt care about us, just the money that we give. Service seems to be a thing of the past, maybe if enough of us swich companys it will force you, Comcast, to rethink your motives.

Very Angry Customer

Knoxville, Tennessee
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast has the worst customer service I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

I scheduled an installation vie their online chat for January 7th 2009, between 830am and 11am. At noon on this day I called Comcast because I had not heard from the technician. I was informed that my install date was actually January the 11th. I asked how was it that the on-line chat person told me the 7th but the call center shows it as the 11th? I was told they had no idea and that they do not have access to the online infromation or vice versa. I had taken the morning off from work and now evidently for nothing. So I reschedule for the 12th since I was unable to be their on the 11th. On the moring of the 12th I get a phone call saying that they cannot be there as scheduled and were running late. When they finally showed up, around 1230pm they spent an hour installing my internet only to tell me that the modem was not any good, they did not have another modem in their truck, they were out of modems in the local office and it might be a few days til they received more modems. The kicker was they modem they had had been sent out for service prior and never check to ensure it was working properly. I called the 800 number and was told there was nothing they could do. Terrible buisness practices!
Roanoke, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast loads up on fees

I am a longstanding, on-time paying customer with Comcast. I asked about downgrading service to get their advertised $24.95 economy internet. The CS Rep. informed me it is 1/6th the speed of their high speed internet, there is a $3.00 per month modem fee and a one-time installation charge of $27.95. I mentioned that I currently have HS internet, cable and phone service with them and asked what the $27.95 installation fee is for. I was told that they have to flip a switch, they don't come out to the house. I mentioned that there are other companies offering lower monthly "new customer" rates so if I have to pay an installation fee why would I stay with them? I was told the installation fee couldn't be waived. It looks to me like Comcast doesn't care to much about keeping their customers.

Comcast is horrible with their high rates. When Verizon comes to Philadelphia, I say every Comcast customer changes to Verizon. They built this new building and show this *** movie every 7 minutes and you our money pays for it all.

Jacksonville, Florida
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast upping my 2-year agreement $!

In short, over the summer I signed up for Comcast's Triple Play package and was quoted both the services I would be receiving and the price I would pay per month (around $120). I signed this agreement/contract for two years, locking the price in. Now, I receive a letter from them stating that they haven't been charging me enough for my internet service and they want to up my monthly rate by $10! Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought a *contract/agreement* was binding under its terms for the duration, as long as both parties agreed to those terms (which, apparently, I and Comcast did). I took this for 2 years to lock the price where it is. To me, if Comcast screwed up the rate, they should eat it! Not my problem that their people can't add properly! The essense of the 2-year was, again, to *lock the price*. I'm bound by its terms, Comcast doesn't think they are? This is outrageous, and tells me there's no real "contract" in play here, that they will up the rates whenever they feel like it. Are they kidding??? Complete and utter BS, and is probably the last straw for me - I'm going to dump them and head to someone else...

i just tried to downgrade my service with comcast and they told me i couldn't because I signed a two year contract. I'm really mad right now.

Dillen

Just dug up the hard copy of what Comcast sent me for signing up for this...

Return address, oddly enough, is "Comcast Contract Services" in Lawrenceville, GA...hmmmm... CONTRACT Services...

Within the body of the document: "Any alterations to this contract will not be accepted and the contract will be void." (CONTRACT used twice here).

Elsewhere, throughout the document, they refer to "the agreement".

I think an argument as to whether Comcast uses "contracts" is pretty cut-and-dry as they, themselves, refer to this "contract", which is to be mailed or faxed into their "Contract Services" location....

Comcast does not now nor has ever had contracts, they give you a campaign for one year, get your facts straight people

Comcast most assuredly DOES have contracts. Unfortunately they do not correspond with the ad one signs up for.

Or so I have been told by my CS rep. I never remember recieving anything in the mail that looked like a contract to sign, but Rep said one should have been sent out. What was all that stuff I signed when the sales rep was at my house getting me to buy the 2 year contract? So don't believe ads - this is the 2nd time, I got the run around on what the original ad said.

And I have the original ad in my hands right now.

If this contract is not honored I WILL give someone else my business. I've had it.

people expect handouts from comcast. *shakes my head* also, comcast doesnt offer contracts, they are contract free!!! you must be confused.

View more comments (4)
Marlton, New Jersey
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - Sercive tech disconnected MY line while disconnecting my neighbors line!!!

Lied to by phone reps, told service was being done in my area that day/night, should be up by midnight. Next day, still no service internet or cable tv. A second and third call to Comcast left a message for 3 different supervisors to return my calls. No contact from a supv. A service tech disconnected MY line while he was disconnecting my neighbors line. The service tech was out on 10/23/08. Luckily my neighbors kept the work order from the service tech so Comast shold know what kind of *** they employ! I need to file a formal complaint with Comcast but am unable to get a hold of a supv to do this! They are NEVER available or do NOT return my phone calls!

I don't work for comcast, but I've always heard if something doesn't sound quite right, it isn't right.

And your tale sounds fishy. Like maybe you neglected to say that you were also late paying or something.

Come on! Fess up or don't complain!

It's obvious you work for Comcast! Like I said, I DID report the problem and was lied to, there was no routine maintenence in my area.

If I would have known the truth then a tech could have come out a day sooner! So what's the excuse for no one returning my phone calls?

I have had issues w/ Comcast internet in the past, emailed the CEO and boy were the Houston Comcast boys kissing my butt after that! Oh yeah and I AM getting a service interupt credit!

Sorry,it has been a while and I need to catch up with things.

Look folks, calm down and start with the basic problem. :) You have no service, call into Comcast and report a trouble call for - No Service-. Trying to remote troubleshoot when your service is totally out just doesnt make sense. Ask for a tech to be scheduled to your address. Comcast provides a service and the goal is for you to be happy. Once your service is restored. Take a deep breath and then call 1-800-comcast for possible service interupt credit.

The disconnect issue could have come by mistake, some boxes have tags for addresses that could be unreadable, or the tech may have just goofed. Techs are human. Comcast does care for its customers and a happy one goes a lot further than the other.

View more comments (2)
Houston, Texas
Loss

Comcast - No e-mail for 4 days and counting.

I have been without e-mail for 4 days so far. Comcast says the issue has been passed up to the next level of technical support. They explain that e-mail is a free service that is included with internet service. They explain this with the typical "we do not care whether you like it or not" tone that Comcast is famous for. Prior to Comcast I had Adelphia as my ISP. They took care of every problem while I was on the phone. Comcast bought their business. They increasd my monthly fee by 30% and it has been all down hill since. I dislike Comcast more than any other company I do business with. When will there be some viable competition in southern New Hampshire?
Natick, Massachusetts
Comcast Internet Service

No email service from Comcast for nearly two weeks

I recently transferred my Comcast account from my old to my new address. Despite daily phone calls, I have had no email service for nearly two weeks - no explanation offered. For business purposes, I really needed to keep my email address the same, but since that is not happening, I really wish I had switched providers, Comcast internet service has always been unreliable. In addition, my phone and voice mail work inconsistently. Comcast does not provide new number when I call my old number, the message merely states the service has been disconnected. This technology has been available for at least 50 years, there is no excuse for this. This company has probably cost me thousands or even tens of thousands in lost business. Avoid this company if at all possible.
Cotuit, Massachusetts

Comcast Has Lost me $$$ and Time

I live in northern VT. Comcast has just bought our small local internet supplier. Over the 6 yrs I was with the North Country Cable..I had maybe 3 outages..everytime within 1-12hrs I was back up and running. But in the last 3 weeks of Comcast taking over My internet performance has gone from 85%-90% speed down to 40% to as of last eve nothing!! In the last 5 days I've had all of 1-2 days of being able to use my service. Calls to comcast so far have produced no effect. I was told last night well the last person you spoke to should have set up a Tech visit...but because they didn't the soonest we can get someone to you is in 5-7 days!! They will call you tomorrow between this time....So I wait and I wait the time has come and gone and still no contact.....God how does a company like this get this big with this type of service!!!!! and is able to buy out a GREAT LOCAL company with killer customer service and within days close the local office so now you have to drive a 1/2hour or more to get to the local office...where they say sorry the main office is in charge of this trunk.....All I want for my monthly payment is a service that works unintterupted and allows me to do my work. Is that tooo MUCH TO ASK???? COMCAST YOU should call yourselfs *** CAST!
Burlington, Vermont

Hurricane Ike's Gone Still No Comcast Service

One month ago today, Hurricane Ike hit hard on Houston. We expected to lose power, which we did for two weeks. Once the electric was back up we figured our Internet/Cable we be up too. Calls to Comcast can not give us an ETA. Some guy (contractor) walked into my backyard to survey the cable lines (which were never damaged in the storm.) He knew nothing more about service. I have not seen one Comcast van in the area. I'm cancelling my service as soon as AT& T comes through. Oh yeah. And when we moved locations last year they "accidently" cancelled my email account. After screaming for an hour (my husband that is), they finally reopened the account they claim was no longer in existence. They only lost about 2 weeks of emails. Comcastic by asstic. *Had it in Houston*

When we returned our modem to the Comcast office, the guy in front and the guy behind my husband in line were cancelling their service. Our neighbor across the street painted a 12-foot sign "Comcast Sucks." Not surprisingly, two days later I saw a Comcast van.

I found a number for their corporate office 800-593-9692.

Ask for the CEO. Maybe you'll get service then.

Can you believe this??? I called on 10/19 to ask for credit, and Comcast said that since I did not call every single day during my outage to report that I was not getting cable, they have no record of my cable being out, and will only give me credit for 9/13 and 9/14.

Then, I called Comcast again today, 10/24, to see if I could talk to a different CSR with more sense. She "discovered" a call I made to Comcast on 9/18 reporting an outage. So, what did she do? She only gave me credit for that one day.

According to Comcast, my cable went out on 9/13, came back on 9/14, was working from 9/15 to 9/18, had a glitch and was out on 9/18, then it was working fine from then on. I was out of cable and internet for two weeks, but Comcast is only going to credit me for 3 days. Comcast Sucks!!! My advice, call them every single hour during your next outage to report that your cable is out.

During this call, make sure you check to see if Comcast has records of your previous calls.

Your word means nothing to Comcast. If they show that your cable is working, then you have to pay.

Houston, Texas

Comcast = Evil

I agree with everything thing I've read here. I continuously call Comcast with problems left & right. I'm still working on getting a promotion for my television service, but I did manage to speak to a very nice person with the internet and got a deal there. I could go on & on about all the problems, but here's a rundown: -The *** router I pay $5 a month for, continuously drops my signal. This NEVER happens anywhere else when using my laptop. -Cable television glitches often. -DVR becomes completely disabled and THEREFORE does not record my shows. -Channels will temporarily be out of service. -They LIE TO ME on the phone. ahhhhhhhhhh....... I hate Comcast!

I apologize for the experience.

Please send us the phone number on the account so that we can assist in getting the issues resolved.

Mark Casem