COMCAST NEEDS TO CLOSE DOWN!

I called comcast approximately 28 times in the last 6 weeks because I keep getting booted from Internet; they have sent out 8 technicians and STILL can't solve the problem. They called today and told me a tech would come out. I waited over 7 hours the tech never called or showed-up. I have missed hours and hours from work and used up hundreds upon hundreds of minutes from my cell calling Comcast and they still can't get it together. THESE IDIOTS NEED TO CLOSE DOWN PERMANENTLY! They need to reimburse me for my lost wages and phone calls.

My service went out again Thursday (yesterday) and I called Comcast and they tried to tell me that my equipment was bad and that I needed to to replace my router . .

. duh its NEW. After fussing at them I was mysteriously disconnected. A few minutes later my service was restored.

OK, today I got a "bill" from comcast that basically says "no payment due", but it doesn't show the amount of the credit that I have on my account.

These people suck. They should show me on each monthly bill the amount of credit that I have on my account. This company is like a BAD circus act . .

. the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

I was wrong initally . . . i had called something like 57 times within 2-3 months and the problems continue. No othercompany services my area so I am kind of STUCK with them. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and Comcast gave me a whole $25 credit on my account. They should have giveme at least a free YEAR of internet and cable service for putting up with that ***.

Thanks for the link above comcastmustdie.com I will be using that to complain also.

Good luck everyone, oh and since February I have now called comcast approximately 73 times with various service related issues. THEY TRULY SUCK and have no TRUE IDEA of what customer service is all about.

:( i have had the same problem internet and phone drop all the time and this has been going on since october 09 so that is what about 10 months but if i want internet i have no choice except at&t which is to slow for gaming but hey i am not giving up the fight have been on the phone with corp office and told them that this is it if they cant fix it then i can no longer pay for it....also check out comcastmustdie.com their is a link to email the head *** at crapcast

AMEN~ I have had the same kinds of issues.

They are terrible! I really hope the whole compants stock plummets and the entire comapny closes down for good. they are pathetic!

:grin you are right

View more comments (5)
Huntsville, Alabama
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast: The Worst Business on Earth.

This Company is, in a word, shadey. They are deceitful and money-grubbing, and it amazes me that they get away with ripping off millions of people on a daily basis. They provide faulty equipment, and then charge you to come fix or collect it. Their 'techs' are corrupt and shady: Our last tech even said he was going to lie on the sheet about the cable wire count, so that he could get paid more, promising it would not affect us. They limit internet and affect connectivity, their shadiness is unrivaled. They control a monopoly on communications in my small college town, and rip off young families and students for profit! Corruption, Greed, and Poor business practices must be stopped.

Walsh, you sir are an ***. You are complaining because Comcast could not provide you with Snuff movies?

Get a life. You are disgusting.

I agree 100% and it doesn't sound like things have changed since I dumped them in 2001.

Where to begin with my troubles with them. I'm in Michigan. Back in 1998 they ran an ad saying you could order the Playboy channel for 99 cents. It was a Tax Day promotion they were running. This was back in the day where you had to call the 800 number for pay-per-view and stuff.

I called and waited, and waited for something to come on the TV. Nothing!! I flipped up and down the channels as I was new at the time to the city. As it turned out, my city DID NOT carry Playboy at the time.

I called the local Comcast customer service number. Told the girl what happened not to be charged the extra $1. She said for some reason the channel wasn't in my area and apologized for it.

The next month I get the bill in. I see not only 99 cents for Playboy charged to me but also $10 for Spice which I DID NOT order!! I called to complain. This rep. swore to me up and down that I DID have Playboy in my area. I said "madam, as we speak I am flipping through the channels again. there is nothing here". She still refused to believe that. I said she could come here to see for herself or send out a tech to confirm it. She of course refused that and it was all taken off the bill.

I was always the pro wrestling guy. I would get WWF, WCW, and ECW each pay-per-view. Each ppv would come on, then flick on and off, then go out totally. I had to call them to get the shows back on and missed matches! This happened almost every time! First they tried to say maybe my bill wasn't on time and paid in full. I corrected that excuse by paying in full each month. Then they said it was due to what's called a "bullet signal" to stop the black boxes. The problem was never corrected.

In Dec. 2000 I wanted to charge the bill to free up cash for Christmas gifts. I spoke to a rep. She told me it was "all set". A few weeks later I got a bill in the mail saying I was past due and now billed for two months!

I got a hold of the area GM. She said "Oh I'm sorry sir. They didn't close out the process. There's no excuse for that". Think they would have given me free cable? Nope. I had to give her the credit card info again.

At that time I got a hold of my regional cable comission to file a report. The head of it was no help. He told me to "just switch" to another company if they were giving me so much trouble. I told him I wanted them held accountable. He was wishy washy and said they only had meetings when there was complaints or new businesses to discuss. He said he'd call me after the first of the year (2001) to attend a meeting. To this day I'm still waiting for that call back. LOL.

Finally it was during WWF SummerSlam 2001. The ppv went out again on me. That was it. I dropped them for WOW Cable. To this day I've never had a problem with WOW.

One day I was making dinner in Oct 2006. Comcast reps came door to door to try and sell me. I told them I'd never go back. The woman tried to tell me they've made "vast improvements". I wasn't sold. Then she casually tells me I still had a $60 balance from 2001. LOL. She said if I switched back they'd waive it. Nope not sold.

When they left I went right on my computer and filed a complaint with the State AG. Several weeks later I got a letter from Comcast showing me a zero balance.

With all the complaints and threats of legal action, I don't know how they're still in business. Now they plan on buying NBC. My guess is, people see and hear all their ads and assume "they must be the best". And they are a monopoly too in some areas. Tons of friends and family would switch to WOW but it's not in their area.

View more comments (1)
Bloomington, Indiana
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast dont care just want money

for one the cable in my back yard is not covered for over a year. for 2 they keep shutting me off even throw they take my money. for 3 it has nothing but problems and don't work half the time and when it does work it comes of and on. i try to work with these people i pay 114.00 dollars a month for this ***. it shuts down 3 times or four times daily and I'm sick of it they don't credit me for this trouble and they don't care the only time they do care if there here to shut it off. and they say that there customer friendly but that's a lie they say there the best that's a lie if they would give me the thousands of dollars Ive wasted on them for 2 years i would take it and tell them to get lost.if you want to pay crooks then go with com cast so is this what you want out of a service yea right get it together or get lost i repeat Ive got basic and runs 114.00 a month for *** and when they come after months to fix it works for a day i am pleading one more time make it right. if you care email me at drifter763@kissfans.com but nobody cares.
Mount Laurel, New Jersey

COMCAST Service

lost sound in certain channels so placed service call. guy came out to fix and changed receiver. got sound back. 2 months later, sound was lost on same channels so placed another service call. since could not be helped over phone, so scheduled person to come out again. all they did was do something to remote. was surprised that i received a $27.99 service charge for that, being that lady over the phone could not help me with fixing remote so she made appt. for me. called comcast and CSR by the name of Gabriel, with a heavy accent was rude and un willing to help me. AND he raised his voice at me, so i just let him know ok will pay the charge BUT will cancel my cable and internet service by this Saturday and I hung up. As soon as i hung up the phone, i went online and purchased a converter box!
San Francisco, California
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - A Monopoly Gone terribly wrong and not listening to its customers.

Comcast; gonna keep it short n simple..... Ur Service sucks (works half the time, the other time I have constant blackouts. Your customer service sucks(have ur guys show up on time; if at all) Ur internet site sucks. U have 15 listings for cable in ur pick ur category section and only half that for what u offer in big bold letters on the website.... WTF AM I CHOOSING FROM?!?!?!? On top of that there are different deals over the phone than the internet.... Yo.... Help the consumer out... I KNOW!!!!!!!! u guys have a monopoly practically everywhere east of dallas and who knows where else... but cut us a break would ya... QUIT *** US!!!!!!!!!!

What does this have to do w/Window World? Obviously belongs in the Comcast forum.

They sell Monopoly money at Toys R Us so you can have a super duper amount of $$$. Also, the new versions of the game feature credit cards!

Yup! Cool, huh? Now...

shut the *** up and quit your crying, ***. :cry

View more comments (1)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast is the worst company ever

On May 9, 2010, I contacted comcast online chating service. The representative who I was chating with was Gianina. She/He was extremely rude and never answered my question correctly. The billing of my service was increased without any explaination. I was seeking for the reason for that but she/he just was trying to mess up with date of my promotion that I had more than a year ago. My monthly bill increased by $2 last month but she/he claimed that this was due to my promotion ending last month. She/He said I had service starting on July, 2009 with a promotion of $19.99 for 3 months and after that FROM Oct. 2010 a promotion of $42.95 and it ended last month and now the regular rate is $44.95. This does not make any sense. what is the rate before Oct. 2010? I asked for the information but she/he just closed the conversation without any answer. Ok, I was having a promotion for $19.99 per month when I started my service back to July, 2009. I was told that I can have that promotion for one year. However, I only got 3 months for that and comcast denied my original promotion which should be one year. They said that $42.95 is regular for the service and I paid this amount until now. Then they changed it again and without any explaination.

Did you have this promotion in writing? Also, have you compared their services to others *** h as Verizon or DirecTV/Hughes Direct Way?OMG ive been there and done that..and so far comcast has been the best.

Yes they do have problems just like the rest..but their customer service far exceeds the others.Their pricing is in the ball park with or with out promotions,,,,hope you have learned one thing in your life... you dont get something for nothing.

Alexandria, Virginia

Comcast = high blood pressure

The troubles began when I moved from one apartment to another. The internet went out first. Here is what happens when u have a problem with comcast. It took over a week and something over twenty reps. All were clueless. You gave them all the information, they couldn't solve it and passed you on to another rep. He insisted on all the info again. He couldn't solve it, etc. etc. I went through more than twenty reps and wasted several days on the phone. Finally I found a rep. who could fix it. Then the phone went out. Went through the same process online - rep to rep - wasted two days and no phone. They promised it would go on in 24 hours but no luck. More reps. All of them clueless. I have been online the entire day today (5/7/2010) and am no closer to getting my phone service back. The system is broken. There is no central place for reps to go to access all of the email. You are starting fresh with each new rep. The reps. seem to have no training. There is only one alternative - pass u on to the next rep. and start all over again. It is an enormous waste of time for both Comcast and their customers. It generates enormous anger. Management should be tarred and feathered and never be allowed to manage anything larger than a chicken coop. If given a choice, I will never use Comcast again.
Nashville, Tennessee

Comcast - Intermittent service for 9 months

comcast on-demand and internet service has been intermittent for the past nine or more months. they recently charged me $50 for the last service that did not fix my problem. intermittent means not working when i want it to work. the technician did not check anything. he just replaced a splitter that they installed when i first got the service. for me to have to pay for wiring that they installed is like a slap in the face. i have had brighthouse (indianapolis) and had perfect service continously with two thirds less monthly fee. the only reason i now have comcast is because they are the only ones available in my apartment complex. i am currently looking for similar service from another vender and as soon as i find one i am forever through with the comcast (robbery)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast-How to get just a little service!!

If I treated my clients like Comcast does, I'd have to live in a cardboard box and eat what I could find in trash cans! But then I wouldn't have cable service, and this handy-dandy tip for you! I still want to take all of my comcast equipment and run over it with a steam roller, but Here's a suggestion which worked better for me: On my third attempt to resolve a dispute I CALLED BACK AND SAID I JUST WANT INFORMATION REGARDING WHERE TO SEND A WRITTEN COMPLAINT BY CERTIFIED MAIL! It got me earlier service, and a $50 credit, although little remains of my dignity or desire to stay with COMCAST. We called in because of some minor pixillation. The technician left us with no service (cable or internet), AND THE OUTSIDE BOX OPEN WITH WIRES STICKING OUT! For the first 3 calls, Comcast wouldn't schedule a return visit for TEN DAYS! after the initial visit which cut off my service entirely! The second was the most amusing....I spent nearly 9 minutes with someone named STELLA (4 of those minutes pleading with her to connect me with a supervior, or a least a human with more than 2 active brain cells, who kept saying "I don't understand what the problem is....I finally dumbed it down to MY SERVICE DOESN'T WORK...AND SHE STILL KEPT SAYING SHE DIDN"T Understand what the problem was! Her "supervisor" SHAWNELL wasn't any help either. It took a call to ROB, and a request merely that he help me get the national address: Comcast Corporate Offices 1 Comcast Ct. Philadelphia, PA 19103 Ask for your local office(s) too, so you can cc them. At that point, they started trying to help me...Go figure!
Washington, District Of Columbia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast has limited my telephone and internet services to 2 hours or less peer day for almost 3 week

Since 4/7 when they were supposed to reduce my tv channels, Comcast has limited my phone and internet services to 2 hours or less a day. After 2 weeks of complaining they threatened to dig up my yard and driveway. Their technicians do not arrive during the time period allocated and attempt to not come by either calling the non working number or by calling and hanging up after 1 or 2 rings. When they do come they do not fix the problem. I still have all the tv channels but am without telephone or internet. When I attempted to get service from another provider they would not release my telephone number for another 2 weeks. I am a 69 year old widow living alone, they seem to think telephone service is not a necessity for me. I am definitely pissed.
Jon

:? i don't understand why comcast would do that.

i have been on comcast for almost a year and haven't any problems yet.

try sattelite instead of cable, maybe that'll help. my grandma has been on dish network for years, her only complaint is when its snowing outside she loses reception.

Lanham, Maryland

Comcast Cable bills

Fool me once shame on me fool me twice SHAME on you.I pay my Comcast bill by credit card so I rarely review my bill for T.V. & high speed internet. I came across a charge for modem rental. I've had my own for years. Best I could find I've been paying this charge for seven months. My first call to "customer service" I was told they could only go back 2 months. My second call they went back 7 month but would have to have a tech verify I had my own modem. The tech did but I couldn't get my refund on my third call I hit a stone wall. My letter to corporate president did eventually get my full refund. So now I check my bills found that for the past five months (OK I'm not very good at bill checking)I've been charge for cable TV box's that I don't have SHAME ON THEM!! My first call has produced my refund. Please check your COMCAST bill!

When will Com cast stop the "NEW" cost bs. How are they not a monopoly?

Verizon does not service my area any longer, As I was rudely told to by Com cast customer service. Now they add digital TV they want to bill me 1.99 per TV in my house?

just to get cable I am already paying for? I think they are a money sucking greedy

I too recently checked my bill when a new rate increase letter came,I have standard cable. The cost for standard cable DID NOT macth any of the costs for cable service,so I called only to be told that I was"grandfathered into the original contract" which was a higher rate than any shown on the list!

Worse yet when they transmitted an analog signal I was getting HD tv, now that they have changed to digital HD is a whole new tier and will cost me more to get what I had before.

They say I was getting HD in error and it was corrected in the change over. I say people went out and bought new tvs when the broadcasters were required to transmit in digital and almost all tvs are now HD so comcast hooked everyone on HD then removed it so they could charge more for something thats already in the cable system but turned off for people who don't pay more

have had horrible customer service with comcast mutiple billing issues have paid over 600 dollars to comcast since service was installed jann 22 and it is barley april 6th no other cable is offered where I live.

Diane

ALWAYS, ALWAYS check each and every utility bill, especially phone and cable bills. In 4 years with Verizon I received 3 correct bills.

Always overcharged. Logged over 100 hours on hold or being transferred and then hung up on. My neighbor checked their bill and realized they had been paying for someone elses internet for months.

They got a refund. Now I immediately file a complaint with FCC and get quick results.

View more comments (3)
Reston, Virginia
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast doesn't honor signed contracts.

We are a registered charity in eastern TN. We have a signed contract with Comcast Business Services to provide cable & internet service our site in Greeneville, TN. Comcast came out, surveyed the location, and told us it would be no problem to provide service. Their sales team gave us a contract, which we signed, and it went into their system. Internet service is critical to our operations. When we asked to start the install, Comcast refused, stating that it was now "not approved." Repeated calls and emails to the sales team and regional construction manager go unanswered. Calls to Comcast Sales simply result in no action. There is something to be said for a company that refuses to honor a signed contract.
Camden, New Jersey
Comcast Internet Service

Comcast - Router, Router--Who's got the Router?

Add me to the list of those who have been "led astray" by DECEIPT courtesy of Comcast. I received a call from a ComCast telemarketer 2 weeks ago (Feb, 2010)--we talked about my current service phone Company DSL as opposed to Comcast. he gave me examples of packages--and we talked further as I was a little hesitant of changing ISP as i NEED 2 computers to be networked & share an Internet connection. The Telemarketer assured me the "transition" would be smooth & there would be NO charge for Installation--plus the price was "Right". So against 'instinct" I agreed. The service call took place as scheduled this morning with the installation guy prompt. After laying some cable & making the necessary connections, computer #1 was online & going great. HOWEVER, computer#2 seemed to be having trouble signing in to messenger. It turned out computer#2 was linked to an Ethernet switcher, but when the DSL was disconnected, so was the Modem/Router unit. Ergo, NO "connectivity" for computer#2. Then the installation guy said "well, you need to buy a Router"---"REALLY? No *** Sherlock", was my first thought. I tried repeatedly calling, chatting online with Comcast--even called their "Corporate Office" and spoke to a woman, whom the second time I spoke with her (3 hours later--didn't REMEMBER me until I started re-hashing the story"). The up-shoot was Comcast could send a Technician with a Router--but it will cost $149 to install--I told them I didn't NEED to for the Tech to install it, I'd do it myself. They WON'T send him over to simply "drop off" a Router. My second suggestion was I'd go pick up a Router at one of the local Comcast Centers--but they didn't HAVE any wireless Routers at their local Centers. My THIRD suggestion was to go to Radio Shack, etc buy a Router & get re-imbursed/compensated by Comcast--but they're not "authorized" to do this. However they ARE "authorized" to MIS-LEAD you into thinking that install is free & then inform you that you need a Router--which will co$t $149 to install. I have left messages online chat & over the phone for someone to get back to me --talked (supposedly) to the Secretary to the President--who said she would "escalate" my complaint --but STILL haven't heard from them. So, I'm taking matters into my OWN hands by filing this review, then will make a report to Better Business Bureau--Re: "Bait & Switch" tactics & then will look for ANOTHER Phone/Internet provider & DUMP Comcast where they belong--in the TRASH!

Ditto with respect to the complaint above (now here in 2011 when the supposed free routers were available). Ditto with respect to completely inconsistent info from customer service, and after telling me when I ordered (immediately) the "free" router plus S&H that it would be 3-5 days, it is now going to take 8 weeks.

PLUS, they refused to affer me ANY credit. I am switching back to DTV and Verizon.

From what you wrote, Comcast never promised you a free router. You assumed they would provide one for no charge, but you assumed wrong.

At that time, they did not offer routers to ANY customers without signing up for the "home networking" service which is the separate $149 charge you speak of.

Comcast does now provide free routers (although you do have to pay for shipping) and you can order one at comcast.com/wireless router. I agree that they were late to the game in providing them when compared with other services, but it's up to you as a consumer to weigh the pros and cons when you choose your provider instead of complaining when they don't give you things they don't offer.

"Addendum" to "Router, Router--Who's got the Router"?--after several emails back & forth "From the office of the Vice President", a representative has offered me a $25 credit. Nice gesture, but fIRST of all--any DECENT Router will cost upwards of $35--secondly and I DID emailthem back, saying Thansk but I would GLADLY return the $25 credit for someone to DROP OFFa Router.No response--these folks at Comcast are something, eh?

View more comments (2)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Comcast Usage Meter!!!

Yesterday, I received an email stating that Comcast is pleased to announce the pilot launch of the Comcast Usage Meter in my area. My jaw instantly dropped to the floor. The message even went so far as to claim that it was a service related email intended to notify me of the service upgrade that provides the usage meter. Obviously the management at Comcast believes its customers are *** What's next? Slap our faces and tell us how good it feels? The implementation of a usage meter on the Internet is a counter cultural move because Internet connectivity has ALWAYS been based on a single price unlimited use model. The Internet has evolved far beyond the simple notion of a network of networks. Indeed, the modern Internet has become the single greatest medium for individuals to exercise their freedom of speech. Now Comcast comes along and wants to limit the amount of free speech that we get from our connection. I intend to contact my Congressional representatives and to begin an online campaign to end the Usage Meter once and for all. I hope that all other Comcast subscribers will join me.
Stafford, Virginia
Loss

Comcast is directing customers to down load Norton but Norton download has destroyed our access

The new norton download has destroyed our access to smartzone and the internet. Comcast has worked to restore our access but the fixes are temporary. Computer blogs reflect long standing problems with Smartzone. Comcast is trying but I place the blame on the norton down load, reload and unload-nothing works. I have tried the fixes on the web and have spent at least 20 hours trying to resolve the problem with Comcast-each person at comcast tries a different fix. Norton denies there is a problem and Micro Soft says that Norton is not compatible with XP needs Vista- Comcast says MS is wrong-and around in circles-i go from Comcast to Norton to Micro Soft to Comcast---
susan

get rid of norton quick as you can. my son who is in computers tried to download it several times and it killed my internet service each time. use AVG FREE it works just as good if not better.

Fairfield, California