Comcast installation appointments not kept after they were confirmed multiple times. Then the dispatcher claims that they had no service scheduled and when I called him on the lie he let me sit on the phone for approximately 30 minutes until I find out that they contract these services to Advance Cable Technologies.

When I spoke to their dispatcher he played like he knew nothing. What a bunch of incompetent dispatchers and supervisors in the Sugar Land Texas region.

What made the situation even worse is that we had computer people here waiting to hook up and they had to leave along with a bill for a hundred dollars because I did not cancel their service two days in advance. Thank you Junior whose id number is 7685 for all of the non-service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Installation.

Comments

Sugar Land, Texas, United States #718453

I also live in the sugar land area and I had an appointment last Saturday 9/14/13 which was missed. I had a 8-10 am window and when no one showed up, I called comcast and was told I had a 8am to 8 pm window and someone would call me 30 minutes in advance of tech arriving.

That is completely wrong because if I was told 8-8 initially, I would have made a different plan. In any event, my wife waited at home all day and no one showed up. Then I call comcast again and was told that the appointment was still open but no one would show up because its too late. I was told supervisor would call me in 30 minutes after I asked him/her to call me.

Not surprisingly supervisor did not call me. I have a new appointment for 9/21. Not optimistic.

It takes 20 minutes or more just to talk to a live person. Complete waste of time.

LoL, I love you people who think asking for a supervisor is going to help your cause. You probably think you're talking to comcast employees too huh?

Nope, you're talking to someone who has one computer program with your name and a list of technician appointments. That's the extent of their power. They've probably been taking comcast calls for about 2 weeks, don't know what a HDTV is, and can barely write their own name.

Talking to the "supervisor" @ comcast is just about as useful as talking to the "big elephant" @ the zoo. Take it from me, I am that supervisor you wait 15-20 minute for while I finish my cigarette.

I even informed the "supervisor" who has not authority over anything but whipin his own butt that the same thing happened to me. The're real good at saying "i'm sorry sir but there is nothing I can do about it" Then put someone on the phone that can!

What a joke!

Time to put the antenna on the roof and subscribe to netflix! :(

doubled

A follow-up to the complaint. After additional investigation it is claimed that Comcast did not schedule with the installation contractor as Comcast had represented.

After I said that I was gong to post the complaint, I received a call and a Comcast installer appeared at my home at 10pm to do the installation.

It was completed by 11pm and is functioning. It pays to be assertive.