Dallas, Texas

This is the final time that I will accept the Comcast 'canned' answer from a rep in Maryland that 'there is/having an outage in my area'....Smyrna/Dover, Delaware. Overall, this is approx. the 30th time some form of 'OUTAGE' has happened within three years of my existence in this area.....sorriest move I ever did.....cripes, it took 6 visits for their work-force to establish just TV and Internet initially. I know of 'third-world' countries that can do it faster!

What is worse is getting 'fished in' for a 'promo' rate for their triple play which includes telephony.....who are ya' gonna' call when you have the 'Infamous' Comcast Outage....huh....How are ya' gonna' call? Everything goes down!

Comcast has us 'captive' down here. There's no Verizon Fiber in this area....but at least, their phone hookup works....if I wasn't moving outa' here, I'd go back to them.

Comcast does not provide what they advertise....Broadband is Less-band...connectivity takes up to 12 minutes at times in the AM....and forget about downloads....go take a nap, instead.

And they had the audacity to jack-up-the-rates. Even their own people have complained to me about lack-of-training....imagine that.

As a retired Business and IT Consultant (over 35 years ), I can definitely surmised that Comcast (at least, in this area) is the most inefficiently run company outside of third-world countries. This area needs competition....talk to Joe Biden, maybe he can do something....he's from Delaware, right?.....or was it Scranton? It's an absolute aberration in this area.....why would anyone want to 'carpet-bag' here?.....I think that I just answered my question. Suggestion: Spread your TV, Internet, and Phone around to various vendors in the state of Delaware....i.e. Dish, captive Comcast (until Verizon can lay Fiber), Verizon for the phone !!

Maylor

Smyrna, Delaware

U.S.A.

Comments

Maylrdaimler
Prokop'yevsk, Kemerovo, Russian Federation #52213

FOR THE 31ST TIME (Wed.-2/18 /2009 - 2:40 - 4:20 PM) IN MY THREE YEAR EXISTENCE HERE IN THE DOVER-SMYRNA, DELAWARE (WHERE JOE BIDEN IS FROM....NOT SCRANTON)AREA!! *** ME FOR GETTING 'SUCKERED' ONTO THEIR TRIPLE-PLAY....I CAN'T CALL THEM ABOUT THEIR 'OUTAGE' PROBLEM. HEY ROBERTS....DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND REMOVE ALL OF COMCASTS 'RELIABILITY' ADVERTISEMENTS FROM TV.....BECAUSE YOU AIN'T RELIABLE - THAT'S WHY YOU ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS!!

The top US cable operator, which delivers video, phone and broadband services to some 24m US customers, also lost basic video customers at a faster rate than any period last year, or about 233,000 during the quarter that Brian Roberts, Comcast chief executive, called “the toughest we have known in business”.