This is the culmination of several frustrating conversations I've had with Comcast over the years. As with most other "media providers" I've purchased products through, working with Comcast is a constant game of smoke and mirrors and haggling in an attempt to not get ripped off.
The main reason I'm submitting this complaint is due to Comcast's awful customer service.
First, their website claims that they have customer service available 24/7. Yay! I'm deployed to South Korea, so with the time change this is great. Unfortunately, they do have customer service available... if you count a recording that informs you that their service center is not open. How is that helpful? It's not, only misleading.
Second, I tried taking care of my business via the chat option. Also unfortunately, this service is outsourced and is of terrible quality. As with previous experiences, it was an uphill battle to get anywhere with the representative I spoke with. Excessive and redundant courtesy, 100% read-backs of everything I requested, and general excessive rambling. If you want to make your customers happy: cut to the chase, be professional, clear, and concise, and don't waste their time. See attached image for the transcript of the chat that is so laughable it might go viral on Facebook.
Overall, this single event wasn't the most awful customer service experience I've ever had. It was, however, the straw that broke the camel's back and thus prompted me to write this complaint. I know that having a huge customer base causes all sorts of difficulties. When a company pretty much has a monopoly over a certain area and outgrows its ability to take care of its customers, this is the result. Gone are the days of the mom'n'pop places that actually care about their clientele.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bad Customer Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "This is going on all night long. ..."
- "Approximately eight weeks ago white dots began appearing on my Samsung DLP TV. What first began as two dots has grown to a dozen with more emerging daily. ..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."