Golden, Colorado

Comcast seems to think they can charge whatever they want. We pay our bill online and usually within 7 -10 days of the due date.

We pay what their site tells us is owed up to that due date being that the new charges are due the following month. If you pay your bill every month how can they say you are two months worth charges behind on your bill? Yes we do pay a little late every month because that's the way the pay check rolls but if you pay every month how can you be behind by 2 months worth of payments.

It doesn't make any sense to me especially if you pay what their website says was due on that month's due date. How can they get away with charging this way what makes it ok to overcharge customers when their bill is paid every month.

Comments

Blanton
#1720304

I had been a customer for many years with Comcast. I asked them to transfer my service to a new address, a week in advance because I was in process of moving.

On the date that the technician was to come out he was a" no show". I called to find out why and was informed that I needed to contact comcast on that following Monday during business hours. I called that Monday, none of the customer service rep's knew why I was calling, I explained to them what had happened and again why I was calling I had been told to speak to a Representative in billing. Still not understanding the call they ordered another day for a technician to come out.

The day In question still a "no show", no one came out to connect my service and again I made another call, only this time, I'm told that my contract had ended and I needed to update it in order for them to transfer my service which now is 10 days from the date they supposed to have came. What? You just got paid, so what are you saying? Again, I've called and so they're saying this time I owed a full month payment and I asked them didn't they get paid already, because my payment date is from June 28-July 28th, and I asked for service to be transferred on July 1st.

They had just received a payment on June 16th, so what was the problem? No one could fully make sense of what was going on. I needed phone and internet service immediately! I was told that my contract with comcast had expired, so I took a promotion with AT&T the next day.

July 10th. After doing this someone called from Philadelphia (Comcast Representative) asking what was going on because they where trying to understand the calls and exactly what happened, and I explained that I had been told by Comcast that I no longer had service with Comcast it had expired and that I needed to have renewed my contract before it could be transferred, I said to them I thought that I was under a new contract but was informed by one of the team members that every thing had expired. I asked why hadn't I been informed she said she didn't know. I said the *** with Comcast, next day I called At&t concerning their service, made arrangements for them to come out and service me.

Comcast called back, they then wanted to give me their service with a great promotion package, that I couldn't except because I had already took one from At&t the day before Comcast second call and I informed them that I was under contract. Within the billing period Comcast took funds out of my bank account saying that I owed them. The dates of service was from June 28 through July 12 when they officially closed out my account all the while I had been told it had expired on June 30th. I made another call asking Comcast where did the funds go where was it applied because when one get services from them they charge two months payments in advance.

I was told I had to pay for equipment that I had been paying on every month while using their service. I continuously questioned them about the advanced months payment they had taken from me during my initial first contract. No one would answer that question. They tried to charge me with their equipment but I told them I had taken the modem and internet box back to a Comcast store, gave them the receipt number so that I had proof that the equipment had been returned.

So why am I still having to pay? They're saying that it was me that terminated my agreement with them. I didn't! Now, two years later I'm getting calls from a collection company saying I owe Comcast a full month payment.

I said I owe no such thing! Comcast has lost their integrity, they cheat and they lie! I'm speaking with an attorney. I'm writing to my congressman and to the Attorney General.

I can't afford this, I'm a senior and I pay my debts and I will not be cheated by Comcast or any other creditors! ENS

Cristo

Comcast has no program in the way of price reduction for what they claim is your monthly billing. AT&T bought comcast is just as bad.

I have had screaming match with both company's. Only after getting some tec help to replace the boxes in my house that I found that Comcast was charging me $130.00 for------my home phone. and all the while AT&T was charging me $130.00 more for the same thing.

They both are just plain bad. Try calling them and you will see

the problem with Comcast is they simply don't have enough competition .I live in a area with no Verizone Fios and the trees in my yard are too high for Directtv(Ive tried!)

So what choices do I have ? None.

Im hoping there will be companies down the road that can stream from the internet tv,phone,etc. That day is coming.I just hope some other companies come to the fore.

That is funny. These people are incredulous.

They tell you to pay the minimum past due and we bill a month of advance. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are not paying.

Then they yell at us cause they are irresponsible for not paying, like we owe them. I wish we had a shut up button for them.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. So what he makes over 30 million per year. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Obama's slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them. Our lawyers are experienced and successful at winning this kind of case and we have the evidence. Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us. It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.

Ginsburg v. Comcast Corporation et al, case number 2:11-cv-01959 western washington district court and king county (WA) superior court case #11-2-34714-1

If you search king county (WA) superior court records Comcast is being sued for not paying unemployment taxes they owe to employment security department

:upset

pay your bills each month on time and stop complaining. Remember this is a luxury, not a necessity and if you can't pay your bills each month then you should not have it!!!!

@na

Who asked you a *** thing

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...

For one you pay your bills LATE. When you pay them late they're calculating the outstanding balance owed for the previous month plus the amount for the upcoming month. 1 month+1 month=2 months.