Comcast says Universal Sports dumped them.Universal Sports has been running ads to keep USN on cable.

Sorry folks, I believe USN. Frankly, this will be it for me. I'm moving to satellite. Everytime I have a problem - it's not Comcast's problem.

When it IS their problem. Constantly have internet that drops and it's never their problem. This one is now it - I watch USN exclusively. As I told the agent I just spoke with when she said that USN refuses to work with Comcast...it's takes two sides in a negotiation and it hasn't been Comcast that has been prodding viewers to contact the providers, it has been USN.

Come on, folks, I am now paying the same for a line up that has now changed.I don't need another "paid advertising" channel - I want back what I signed up for.

Review about: Comcast Internet Service.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

brian_roberts@comcast.com is email address of CEO of Comcast

Please bring back Usn. It was my favorite sports station.loved the track and field.

I have sent many a comment and requests to Comcast as to why Universal Sports is not on and never got a response. I called and spoke to 2 different reps and was told that they didn't know why. :( :(

So,

In an Olympic year, you decided to pull Universal Sports from free cable, including parent company Comcast, and put it on DirectTV, meaning people who were fans of Unirversal Sports, and wondering why it was mismanaged in such a way that the only ads it could attract were C-class ***, are now faced with switching to satellite, and then paying extra for an expanded package, which in an overwhelming number of cases won't happen.

Or, if they do decide to switch, in a fantastic assbackwards strategy of reverse synergy, IT WILL BE AWAY FROM PARENT COMPANY COMCAST, who just bought Universal Sports, I assume to make money. I just can't figure that one out.

Brilliant! In an Olympic year! Exactly when viewership of an Olympic sports station, if managed competently, which it hasn't, would spike! So now, I gather, the two arms of Comcast are negotiating with eachother, and apparently not coming to agreement, because Universal Sports is still dark on cable in all forms, which means it is making no money at all.

Oh, and that *** astroturf campaign, where viewers were supposed to contact their provider and plea for Universal Sports, as if it was the providers who were changing the deal! As if the providers weren't actually owners of Universal Sports! No mention made of Universal's repositioning strategy. So we were supposed to stay ignorant while being conned into doing your work for you! That's hilarious, in a Carl Rove sort of way. What a way to...

In the meantime, viewers are moving on and giving up, and it will be a fight to get them back. That is, the ones, such as myself, who aren't furious. The only way that US management could be happy with these results is if they intended to actually kill this station in a way that generates the greatest amount of confusion and ill will. My comments above are misinformed or missing the mark? Well, perhaps it is because a big fan, who is very interested in the station, and knows his way around the internet, CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE *** IS GOING ON!

Do you remember the Netflix fiasco? This is actually a much worse case of arrogance, mismanagement and misleading communication, and the only reason it isn't a bigger deal is because, unlike Netflix, US has never managed to figure out how to be successful in the first place. Another thing I can't figure out: Marathoning, cross-country skiing, swimming, gymnastics, etc. . .these are sports followed by the highest-achieving students and eventually the highest income professionals in the country. You found no way to reach them?

In conclusion, whether you are incompetent or merely duplicitous, you are shmucks. Feel free to circulate this letter. I will.

Comcast is abysmal.With Universal Sports being dumped it's the last straw - I'm on to Direct TV.

There is a group of us who get together to watch the Alpine Skiing and we'll get it one way or the other. You're spot on about them not taking any responsiblity for anything, the fact that the TV in the bedroom does not get HD of course is our fault etc.... For the love of God, if after listening over the phone to the longest line of B.S. instructions leading to an absurd "kabuki dance" to correct it didn't work, don't you think you could send a tech out?

They're like th old joke when Bell monopolized the phone companys."We're the phone company (insert "Cable"), we don't have to care....

Comcast just lost a lawsuit filed by the Tennis Channel for favoring their own channels over ones they don't own.Because of this, they won't pick up Universal Sports until someone like Time Warner does first.

Universal Sports was distributed via Multi-cast, which means it sat on additional bandwidth that local NBC affiliate channels are required to have available.

They are moving off of multicast to regular cable in a sports tier in order to collect cable subscriber fees (from the cable companies) to fund the increase of the production value of the network and provide better programming.DirecTV was the first one to offer them distribution in this form and they are working on additional deals with Time Warner, Verizon VIOS, Comcast, etc.

I'm considering dropping my digital preferred package because Comcast has dropped Universal Sports.Universal Sports wasn't part of the package, but this is my way of showing my displeasure.

If I could drop Comcast entirely I might do it, but we get bulk service at my condo building and I'm charged for basic cable through my monthly assessment whether I want it or not.

Universal Sports is one of my favorite channels and even after a couple of days I'm already missing it!The "negotiations" response from Comcast customer service seems absurd considering Comcast owns Universal Sports!

Isn't it strange that Comcast says is was dumped by Universal Sports when Comcast owns 100 percent of Universal Sports. I too will be leaving Comcast!

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine.So what he makes over 30 million per year.

It's worse being an employee. At the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent an email requesting off the clock work. We are winning a class action lawsuit against them.

Comcast thinks that hiring a Perkins Coie lawyer will intimidate us.It just proves that they know they are going down and have a lot of money to waste.