Ogden, Utah

Everyday I have to listen to Comcast customers calling in crying about "I can't watch Oprah" or "My kids Xbox isn't working" or "My new Blu-Ray player isn't working." 95% of the time, when I talk to them all of their COMCAST equipment and services are working correctly.....but COMCAST customers always decide to buy technology they don't understand and want me to explain it to them. If you are a comcast customer

1. Don't buy a router if you don't know what a WEP key is

2. Don't use outlook, entourage, thunderbird, or any other email client if you don't know what SMTP settings are.

3. Just because you have a nice TV, doesn't mean I care that you can't watch it.

4. I don't have a magic button that fixes your TV, or one that makes a field tech materialize out of thin air. If I tell you it's going to take a day or two to fix....you have to wait. And no, talking to my supervisor isn't going to help.

Stop calling me, stop buying stuff you don't understand, go outside every once in a while

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Customer Care.

Comments

Missing you boo

your right comcast employees are young the youngest here in the philipenes is 7

Comcast Helper:

"jails, you make me laugh......I like you, even though I have a feeling I might know you, and hate you,"

Jalus:

No, I can assure you we don't know one

another. But you are entitled to hate me. I do not hate you. I realize that you are young and we all thought we knew all the answers when we were young. There's nothing to hate about a normal passage of Life.

ComcastHelper:

"I don't think you're trying hard enough to get hits, maybe if you put the whole post in caps it will get a response."

Jalus:

Receiving 'Hits'; whatever that is, was not why I responded to your post. I sincerely was trying to help you from compounding your error.

For example:

Written by Richard King, on:

29-01-2011 16:54

"After reading these posts you can keep your comcast and I will go else where!"

Like all of us in time you'll learn to temper your remarks. Instead of telling them what customers do to make your job hard ~ you can educate customers in a positive manner on what you need from them to be able to help them.

My best wishes go with you.

Namaste'

_()_

@Jalus

Aww namaste

#241911

After reading these posts you can keep your comcast and I will go else where !

jails, you make me laugh......I like you, even though I have a feeling I might know you, and hate you, I don't think you're trying hard enough to get hits, maybe if you put the whole post in caps it will get a response.

Call your router manuf

Call apple

Call your tv manuf

Top 3 "resolutions" given to people from comcast daily. All I'm saying is people need to think what the real problem is before screaming at us. JALUS is pro

people hate the cable company it will always be that way because the cable company has a monopoly and will provide whatever service they want

PS:

It's a moot point now because all large business hire Reputation Management Companies who supply daily feedbacks any time their company,

EG: COMCAST,is mentioned on the net. Good, bad or indifferent in any kind of content that refers to their business, like COMCAST, including blogs, personal web sites, social media, pictures or videos.

Comments (16)

"1. Written by Jalusisdumb,

on 22-01-2011 18:56

they said they don't work for comcast. comcast doesn't have 1 real employee I used to work for them. they even out source clean their toilets. and if you know anything about outsourcing it's all about how fast the customer is off the phone"

*********************************

Note: OP Headline:

"Comcast Customers Drive Me Crazy.

Dec 31, 2010 ...

Comcast Complaint by ComcastHelper"

And we may all assume that your COMCAST Supervisor(s) are aware that you have posted on this site and have copies of what you said.

Because employees owe a common law duty of loyalty to their employer, COMCAST, and this duty doesn’t end at the end of their shift — it goes with them when they head out the door. This means if an employee’s conduct puts their organization, COMCAST, in a negative light, the employee can be disciplined or terminated — even though the post occurred on the employee’s own time, on the employee’s own computer.

Even anonymous posts can be traced. And many may think that if you post something, once you delete it, it’s deleted for good. But that is not necessarily the case. Employees must know that they lose control over whatever they post as soon as it’s posted. Anything can “go viral” or be reposted by anyone who reads it — even a posting from a private chat room could be copied and pasted and spread.

But you COMCASTHELPERS knew that.

Right.

Footnote:

We can assume you have told your Comcast Supervisor how frustrated you are with the customers that you label ***

You have done that haven't you? Because it's the morally right and fair thing to do. But of course you know that. Right?

This is simply Food-for-thought ComcastHelper:

1. You need to think about a career that does not involve other people. Customer Service is Not a department ~ it's an Attitude. You either 'get it' or you don't. It is not something that can be taught.

2. You do realize we are in a GLOBAL RECESSION and millions of people are out of work and loosing their homes.

I'm sure there are numerous sisters and brothers out there that would love to have your job.

So Comcast Managers you have a very unhappy CustomerHelper *cough*

You can make a lot of people happy by:

1) Allowing this person to find a job that better suits their personality.

2) Hire a person that would be grateful to be payed to help people no matter what skill level they're at.

3) You and Comcast will have a grateful employee.

4.) Comcast customers will be grateful to receive Customer Service

TA DAH!

@erica you do not pay our salry comcast pays another company to handle there customers and even if comcast went under we would just end up talking to the competions customers.

@ legal hound 29.99 + 29.99 is not 39.99 it's 59.98 take a math class. also the base price of comcast services is not 29.99

@ Erica - we deliver the goods, it's the 95% of comcast customers who don't know what to do with the goods once they're delivered into your home and treat us like it's our fault that you bought a tivo, router, xbox, etc. It's our job to send a signal into your home.....that's all

Again what this person is saying its not a comcast issue but all the *** like yourself assume it is and call crying that its our fault. O by the way a promotion is a limited offer and eventually will expire please look it up ***

ComcastHelper, it's employees like you that influence customers like us to form opinions about your company. And, notice I said customer.

We are paying your salary for a job to provide us with a service that you advertise will work and we purchase.

So, deliver the goods. And, quit complaining about the customers who provide you with income.

Just like with the phone co. ( the "real" one that is ) they always tell you it is Your phone or Your premesis wiring that is at fault ( customer owned equipment ) it is up to the Customer to show some kind of proof that it is the " supplier " who is at falult before they will listen to you. Comcast always tells me it is my PC at fault ( can 6 PC's all be bad ? ) with or without a router ? Then it must be my modem ( I rent my modem from Comcast, it is theirs not Mine ). Comcast runs some of their neighborhood " nodes " beyond capacity until they feel like upgrading which causes dial-up speeds on what is supposed to be broadband.

I shouldn't have to climb poles and make continuity tests on the Phone Companies lines to proove it is their lines & equip at fault but if I don't they still tell me it is My Equipment even when I have their drop line completely disconnected from my building !

Usually the people in the field know whats going on. The people answering the phones only know what is on the pre-prepared scripts they read off their screen. Thats why they can not tell you how to set-up or operate your own equipment ( and sometimes even theirs ).

I agree with " ComcastHelper " to " some " extent but telling the customer it is their equipment when it is not that is a bit unfair also.

There are a few of us out here in consumerland that know whats going on !

I have a suggestion that would take care of some of the legitimate complaints from customers. How about you stop advertising bundles that are at minimum $10 mo higher than getting services separately.

People should be saving $20 - $30 mo on those services when they are bundled, so the entry-level double play with internet and TV is being charged @ $69.99, separately the services run $29.99 ea.

$29.99 x 2 = 59.98 to save the appropriate $20 mo it would have to be $39.99.

There is actually a law about truth in advertising so stop spamming the thread and rattle the cages upstairs or find a new job so you don't have to deal with any complaints.

yep, find another job. You probably can't because you have your head too far up your own ***. On *** companies like Comcast would hire you.