My On Demand wasn't working for several weeks (not the first time). I didn't want to call for tech support because it's always a bleak experience.

So, I followed the on screen instructions to unplug the cable box for a minute, then plug back in. I now had no picture at all. I had to call for help. I was told that the wait time would be over 10 minutes.

It was 20. I got someone at their call center in Mexico. We went through the verification process. The account is password protected in lieu of last 4 of the social security number.

The rep INSISTED that I had to give her that number. I explained that I had a password and that was sufficient (it is). I've called many times and that's accepted. I asked her to transfer me to someone else if she would not assist me.

She flat out refused. I asked for a supervisor. She flat out refused. We went around and around for over 10 minutes.

I'm angry as could be by now. She won't transfer me. She won't help me. She finally hung up on me.

I had no choice but to call again and wait on hold for another 20 minutes. The next person accepted the password, but was unable to figure out what the problem was. He kept asking me to repeat the problem and putting me on hold. This time, out of frustration I hung up.

I was eventually able to figure out how to get the picture back. I don't know if the On Demand issue has been resolved.

I'm too frustrated to deal with it right now. God in heaven, their call centers are the worst!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Account.

Comments

San Salvador, San Salvador, El Salvador #588943

Oh God I Hate Manila!

they have call centers in Manila, Philippines - they are horrible and have no clue what they are doing, most of them have probably never touched the equipment they are troubleshooting. I worked for Comcast for many years - we never outsourced to foreign countries other than Canada for the longest time, about 2 years ago they got rid of the Canadian reps (who were equally terrible but could speak English) and started using Transcomm in Manila.

They are not supposed to ask for the password or SSN unless you are making changes to the account or scheduling a tech - if they ask for it up front just to troubleshoot an issue or ask a question, decline to provide it.

Had a very bad experience with Comcast Cable TV--- Call Center in some other country that does not speak English. Took me 4 different agents and the issue is still not resolved.

They did not understand me nor I them. What is wrong with this country?

I will leave Comcast if this cannot be resolved. Very Sad.

They did not understand me nor I them. What is wrong with this country?

I will leave Comcast if this cannot be resolved. Very Sad.