East Lansing, Michigan

I had Comcast Business Class internet installed on August 5th 2011. I tried calling yesterday (July 1st 2013) and spoke with Brian (refused to tell me his last name, the coward) and called again today about making sure my contract would not auto-renew for another year. I just wanted to end my service after I fulfilled my two year contract. No big deal, right? WRONG! I was told that I had to give Comcast 60 days notice to end my contract. Who the *** gives 60 days notice to end a contract that you previously already agreed upon an end date? So despite agreeing to a two year contract and paying in full up to this point, I'm now being told I have to pay through September 5th. What kind of *** is this? I'm copy and pasting directly from THEIR OWN GOD *** TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

4.1 Agreement Term. This Agreement shall terminateupon the expiration or other termination of the final existingService Order entered into under this Agreement. The term of aService Order shall commence on the Service CommencementDate and shall terminate at the end of the stated Service Term of such Service.

4.2 Service Order Renewal. Upon the expiration of theService Term, this Agreement and each applicable Service Ordershall automatically renew for successive periods of one (1) year each ("Renewal Term(s)"), unless otherwise stated in theseterms and conditions or prior notice of non-renewal is delivered by either Party to the other at least thirty (30) days before the expiration of the Service Term.

I'm a reasonable person. I'm not asking to pay less than I agreed to. I signed a two year contract, NOT two years and one month. Do yourself a favor, use dial-up, or better yet, two soup cans and a string. Anything is better than dealing with liars, thieves and outright crooks.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments