Plymouth, Massachusetts

Update by user Feb 13, 2012

OK... gotta give credit when it is due. I have no idea what happened, but yesterday I tried to hook up my router again and this time it worked just fine. NOW... I have no idea what, why, or how this happened, but the router is now WORKING.

Situations like this are not uncommon with devices like this. Sometimes all is well, but something just doesn\'t want to work right. It could have been Comcast... it could have been my router... it could have been a combination of both. The biggest part of the problem might have even been the person on the other end of the phone telling me that my router needed to be \"PROVISIONED\".... Maybe this is the kind of lingo they use when dealing with many people that have no idea what the heck is going on with this stuff.

Nonetheless.... my wireless router is working and I am happy to withdraw my original complaint about Comcast blocking it\'s use.

Original review posted by user Feb 06, 2012

I just moved to another area and found that Comcast is the service provider around here. I did the usual thing that anyone new to the area does, I ordered a TV package and internet service. They tell me everything I want to hear when I'm ordering service and then I wait two weeks to get it turned on. I will not carry on about how all the new outlets I was supposed to get didn't happen and only the two existing outlets were activated for $80, and how the tech was outta here in about fifteen minutes, but I will tell you about how they really want to screw me on the internet service.

I get my desktop computer up and running with an internet connection from Comcast's modem. I then attempted to put my D-Link wireless router, which was working perfectly fine with my last service through Charter Communications at my previous address, into service so that I can use my laptop when I'm home. The router is very easy to set up and all went smoothly and it worked for about ten seconds.... then there was no internet connection. I called Comcast support and was told that they need to "provision" my router AND... it would be another $80 charge. So... what we have here is that Comcast blocked my router's address and now wants to charge me a RANSOME to unblock it and they try to bamboozle me and all of you by calling it a "provisioning charge".... WHAT THE ***???

They have no right to be blocking anything on my side of their damned modem! I pay for internet service and if I want to put MY ROUTER into the mix, these bastards have no right to block it and then CHARGE ME A RANSOME FEE to unblock it. Is there a lawyer out there that wants to make a few million $$$ on a class action suit??? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE sue the *** out of this corporate giant gone insane!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Tv Package.

Comments

Zapper

Situations like this are not uncommon with devices like this. Sometimes all is well, but something just doesn't want to work right. It could have been Comcast... it could have been my router... it could have been a combination of both. The biggest part of the problem might have even been the person on the other end of the phone telling me that my router needed to be "PROVISIONED".... Maybe this is the kind of lingo they use when dealing with many people that have no idea what the heck is going on with this stuff.

Nonetheless.... my wireless router is working and I am happy to withdraw my original complaint about Comcast blocking it's use.

No way ... That's not true in any way. I've changed my router twice( lightening) with no problems.

Yea, it would be nice if you could buy your own router.

IHateStupidCustomers

that's typical Comcast right there.