Lawrenceville, Georgia
2.6K views 14 comments

chat id : 4e971b7a-0274-4129-bead-7469589ef3bd

Problem : Ask Comcast Escalation

brian brick > Ask Comcast Escalation

Ligaya > Hello brian brick, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Ligaya. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Ligaya > Hi Brian

Ligaya > How are yuo?

brian brick > hello

brian brick > ok

Ligaya > HOw can I help you?

brian brick > months 1-12 are supposed to be at 108.99 and i haven't but had it maybe 4 months and already i am being charged 109.99 which isn't supposed to accour untill months 13-24

brian brick > i'm sorry, 89.99

Ligaya > I see here that you have a concern about your bill, I understand the trouble that this has caused you and I want you to know how sorry I am for the inconvenience. As your service representative today, I want you to know that I will help you resolve it Brian

Ligaya > To ensure the integrity of your account information. Can I please have the Full Account Name? Also, please provide me your 16 digit account number?

brian brick > my last bill here is incorrect

brian brick >

Ligaya > Can I please have the Full Account Name?

brian brick > brian p. brick

Ligaya > Thank you for the information. Please give me one or two minutes to pull up and review your account.

Ligaya > Brian while waiting, please let me share to you the features of On Demand.

Ligaya > On Demand

Comcast brings you thousands of movies and shows with On Demand and great picture quality"”rain or shine. But your television experience doesn't stop there. When you sign up for a Comcast Digital Cable package your subscription goes even further with dozens of other features that will keep you tuned in all day and all night"”all at no additional charge.

HD (High Definition)

With HD from Comcast you get not only the best HD picture quality available, but the best HD channels and over 2,600 HD choices On Demand. You'll have instant access to a library of hit movies, TV shows, music videos and sports"”all with crystal-clear picture and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

Ligaya > Brian I understand that you have a concern about your bill right?

brian brick > yah ... thats what i just told you, thanx.

brian brick > scroll up & read what i told u is the issue

brian brick > i'm being over charged for service that shouldn't accour untill months 13-24

Ligaya > Brian I see here that your balance due is $116.69

brian brick > yah, that is after tax

Ligaya > That is correct

brian brick > and that balace is because i have been charged the wrong rate

Ligaya > May I knw how much do you expect monthly please?

brian brick > 112.76

brian brick > that is the correct amount at the original 89.99 for months 1-12

brian brick > READ

Ligaya > Yes it is $89.99 however this does not included the rental for your boxes and other fee

brian brick > Then why is this the first month that i have even been charged this rate, also it clearly says on my statement that i am being chared 109.99 monthly rate before tax ... READ !!!

Ligaya > You monthly billis $116.69 including tax

Additional XFINITY Internet Services 0.00

Additional XFINITY Voice Services 12.18

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees 6.02

Total New Charges $116.69

brian brick > YAH AND IT SAYS THAT IS BASED OF A MONTHLY CHARGE OF 109.99 THAT SHOULDN'T TAKE PLACE UNTILL MONTHS 13-25, AND IF YOU DO YOUR MATH IT SHOULD BE AT 89.99 AND WITH TAX, AS U SAY ... THEN SHOULD COME TO 112.76 AS USUAL !!!

brian brick > NOW STOP TRYINF TO JACK ME AROUND & WASTE MY TIME

Ligaya > Brian, please let me give you the breakdown

brian brick > THAT IS NOT WHAT MY AGREEMENT IS, AND THAT IS NOT WHAT MY BILL SAYS, NOR HAS IT BEEN ANY OTHER MONTH SO STOP PLAYING GAMES !!!

Ligaya > I completely understand how frustrated you must feel. If my smoething was giving me an error, I would feel very frustrated.When I am not at work, I am a customer myself; I completely understand how frustrating it feels when things are not working the way they should be.

brian brick > I DON'T NEED A BREAK DOWN ... I NEED THE TRUTH !!!

brian brick > YOUR MERELY TRYING TO CHEAT ME !!!

Ligaya > HD Preferred Plus XF $89.99 + Digital Service $8 + Non Published Listing $4.50 + Phone Modem $7 + Taxes, Surcharges & Fees $6.70 = $116.19

brian brick > SO IF I WAS GIVEN A MONTHLY AGREEMENT RATE, AND MY BILL EVERY MONTH FOR THE LAST FOUR MONTHS HAS BEEN EXACTLY THE SAME AT 112.76, at 89.99, and Then My Statement for This Month CLEARLY SAYS ... 109.99 plus Tax !!!

brian brick > Stop Arguing with Me About the Rates, I Have My Bill Right Here & I Clearly See What It Says & Just What You Have Donw !!!

Ligaya > As per your future statement, you have still the $89.99 rate per month excluding tax and rental fee

Ligaya > I do not see that you hvae $109.99

Ligaya > I see here that you have the regular price for $169.

Ligaya > $169.99 less discount $80 = $89.99

brian brick > that iis what it says clearly on my online statement here ... Previous balance$112.76Payment received Thank you$112.76Current balance | View bill details$116.69Total current payment due 01/24/2011 $116.69

brian brick > so why the sudden increase & discrepancy then ???

Ligaya > Please let me check on that Brian

brian brick > (1/9 - 2/8)Service (Recurring charges)$109.99One-time fees, PPV, Usage (Non-recurring charges)$0.00Taxes, surcharges, fees$6.70Total bill$116.69Payments/CreditsPayment received 1/1 - Thank you$112.76Total (previous + current) due 01/24/2011$116.69

brian brick > yah ... you please CHECK

Ligaya > Yes Brian

Ligaya > I will.

Ligaya > Thank you.

Ligaya >

Ligaya > Your balance now is $116.69 less your balance before is $112.76 = $3.93

brian brick > recurring charge should only be 89.99 NOT 109.99 and My Total Should Be the Same as Every Other Month Then at 12.76

Ligaya > The $3.93 difference was from the taxes

brian brick > that should not be to hard to understand

brian brick > that is not what is posted in my bill at all

Ligaya > It is $89.99 per month

brian brick > and why the diffrence in tax, the only differance is the rate at which u have charged me for my mothly bill !!!

brian brick > WASTE OF TIME, COMPLETE LISES & SCAM, AS MONTH TO MONTH SHOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME ... AND WHY ARGUE THE FACT, WHEN MY BILL CLEARLY STATES AN INCORRECT MONTHLY CHARGE OF 109.99 !!!

Ligaya > I found the difference

Ligaya > I see here that your Internet modem is from $5 went up to $7

brian brick > WHY, I NEVER AGREED TO THAT AND THAT IS NOT IN MY BILL, AND IF ANYTHING I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A DISCOUNT FOR MY WASTED TIME AS THE LAST ONE BROKE AND HAD TO BE REPLACED, THAT CAUSED ME MY TIME & MONEY, THEN ON TOP OF IT, I NEVER AGREED TO PAY ANYTHING EXTRA AS I'M NOT GETTING ANYTHING EXTRA !!!

brian brick > YOU CAN NOT JUST RAISE PRICES WITHOUT NOTIFICATION AND ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOMEONE IS LOCKED INTO A CONTRACT AGREEMENT PER MONTH, THAT IS UNHEARD OF AND A COMPLETE SCAM !!!

Ligaya > I undertand how you feel now Brian

Ligaya > I know how important money is now adays

brian brick > OH DO YOU NOW ??

Ligaya > I would also feel the same

brian brick > YAH, I AM ON DISABLITY WITH A FIXED INCOME & 2 CHILDREN, DO YOU ???

brian brick > I AGREED TO A MONTH RATE, NOW YOU WANNA GO AND INCREASE THAT RATE

Ligaya > Our prices reflect the continually increasing value in Comcast's service and new products. While some prices may have increased over the past several years, during this same time period, we have been updating our infrastructure to offer you more products and services, and have continued to improve our level customer service

Ligaya > It is the $3.95 rate increase. We did not increase your package rate

brian brick > YOU PEOPLE HAVE WASTED ENOUGH OF MY TIME WITH YOUR LOUSY SERVICE AND FAULY EQUIPMENT AND SO ON ...

brian brick > WHATS THE DIFFRENCE, ITS THE SAME THING, YOU CAN'T DO THAT AND I'M NOT PAYING IT !!!

brian brick > I WAS NEVER EVEN TOLD OR NOTIFIED AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW, AND WASTED SO MUCH TIME MAKING EXCUSES ABOUT THE TAX AND ALL, NO ... THIS IS WRONG & JUST ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR SCAMS AND EXCUSES & I'M NOT HAVING IT AT ALL !!!

Ligaya > I am sorry for that Brian. But rest assured that you still have the monthly rate of $89.99

brian brick > THAT IS NOT THE POINT IF YORU GONNA SCAM ME BY JACKING UP EVERYTHING ELSE !!!

Ligaya > We've worked hard to minimize the impact of price adjustments, but we continue to invest in and provide our customers with next-generation equipment and technology to support new, interactive product features, more programming choices and better customer service. We are highly focused on controlling our costs, but price adjustments are a necessity in view of the increased cost of doing business in this challenging economic environment.

brian brick > AND I'M NOY PAYING IT, SO IF THATS HOW YOU ALL ARE GONNA BE ABOUT ALL THIS AND PLAY *** GAMES LIKE THAT AND CHEAT PEOPLE, THEN I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW YOU CAN COME & PICK UP YOUR CRAPPY *** EQUIPMENT AND STOP WASTING MY TIME AS I'LL JUST FIND SERVICE ELSE WHERE !!!

brian brick > IF 3.99 MEANS THAT MUCH 2 U ALL THAT U WANNA CHEAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS, WELL THEN I'M TELLING YOU YA ALL JUST LOST ONE & YOU CAN COME & PICK UP YOUR STUFF CAUSE I'M NOT HAVING IT & I'M CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO PAY YOU ANY MORE FOR NOTHING !!!

Ligaya > You are presently in the technical chat for the Cable service and thus I am not able to completely respond to your questions regarding your concern to cancel your account. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Ligaya > Please call us on this toll free number, 1888COMCAST during Business hours, thats from 8:00am to 5:00pm. It has been a pleasure resolving your issue.

brian brick > BESIDES, I TOTALLY DON'T EVEN BELIEVE YOU AT ALL ... MY BILL CLEARLY SAYS (1/9 - 2/8)Service (Recurring charges)$109.99One-time fees, PPV, Usage (Non-recurring charges)$0.00Taxes, surcharges, fees$6.70Total bill$116.69Payments/CreditsPayment received 1/1 - Thank you$112.76Total (previous + current) due 01/24/2011$116.69

Ligaya > Please call our cancellation department

brian brick > AND THAT IS INCORRECT !!!

brian brick > **** U, U DO IT ... I QUIT, U ALL WASTED ENOUGH OF MY TIME !!!

brian brick > I HATE U !!!

brian brick > I'M TELLING EVERYONE WHAT AN **** SCAM THIS IS AND JUST WHAT U HAVE DONE.

brian brick > I AS SUPPOSED TO BE LOCKED INTO A CONTRACT AGREEMENT THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO WAVOR, MY SOCIAL SECURITY HASN'T INCREASED AT ALL IN THE LAST 4 YEARS SO HOW CAN I PAY YOU ANY MORE FOR ANYTHING I NEVER AGREED TO !!!

brian brick > OR SHOULD WE JSUT TAKE THIS TO COURT & DISPUTE IT ???

brian brick > AS I AM SURE THIS IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE & I SHALL SHOW THEM THIS TEXT AS WELL AND HOW YOU START OFF TOTALLY SAYING & SWEARING BY THE FATC THAT ITS THE TAX, AND THEN HALF WAY THROUGH CHANGE YA WHOLE STORY TO SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFRENT WHEN THAT STILL DOESN'T EXPLAIN WHY MY BILL SAYS WHAT IT SAYS ... AND I TOTALLY INCORRECT !!

Ligaya > The bill difference is $3.93

Ligaya > It is for the $2 from modem and taxes

Ligaya > $2 from modem increase and $1.93 from tax

brian brick > YAH AND YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THAT 3.99 YOU CHEATING LIARS !!!

brian brick > *** READ IT !!!

brian brick > STOP LYING !!!

brian brick > BESIDES I AM NOT PAYING FOR A MODEM INCREASE ... I HAVE THE SAME *** MODEM, AND I RENTED IT AT A FIXED RATE, CHARGE THAT INCREASE TO YOUR NEW CUSTOMERS ... NOT ME !!!

brian brick > NOW STOP LYING AND FIX MY BILL OR COME PICK UP YOUR RUBBISH OR I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN COURT, AS THIS IS REDICULOUS SCAM !!!

brian brick > IT TOOK YOU ALL OVER A MONTH TO GET MY NUMBER LISTED AS PRIVATE ON OUT GOING CALLS AFTER I SPOKE WITH SEVERAL AGENTS WHO JUST SOME HOW OR OTHER HAPPENED TO MAKE A MISTAK AND PUT IN THE WRONG CODE FOR IT, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR ABOUT A MONTH, AS I WAS INFORMEMED BY THE LAST AGENT WHO ACTUALLY GOT IT INSTALLED FOR ME ... SO YOUR SERVICE IS FOR ***, SO MANY ERRORS & MISTAKES, THEN THE CABLE BOX I HAD BROKE AND HAD TO HAVE YOU ALL COME OUT & REPLACE THAT, THAT WAS A WASTE OF MY TIME & MONEY, THEN THE REPLACEMENT I GOT WAS SOME OLE SCRATCHED UP VERSION OF IT ANY HOW, AND SO NOW YOU ALL HAVE THE *** NEVER TO TRY & CHARGE ME MORE WHEN BY ALL RIGHTS YOU SHOULD BE GIVING ME A DISCOUNT FOR ALL THIS WASTED TIME, LIES AND FAULTY SERVICE !!!

Ligaya > By the way, before we end the chat, let's do a quick rundown of the things that we have done to your account to resolve the issue/issues that you chatted in today about your bill. I have pulled up your account, verified the security information, reviewed your account for your current subscription, and gave options/assistance to Resolve the issue/s that you chatted in today.

Ligaya > It has been my pleasure serving you today Brian and I truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Do you have other concerns for me today? I will be glad to assist you further.

brian brick > SO MUCH ERROR, YOU WHERE IN ERROR ORIGINALLY ABOUT THE TAX, NOW IT'S THE MODEM, MY BILL IS IN ERROR, IT DOES NOT SAY MODEM !!!

brian brick > I AM NOT THOUGH YET ... YOU NEED TO READ & ACKNOWLEDE WHAT I AM TELLIN YOU !!!

Ligaya > It is the modem from $5 to $7

brian brick > SCROLL UP & READ ... READ WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE TO ME & PUT ME THROUGH AND THEN TELL ME, AS I DON'T CARE ABOUT YA STUPIS MODEM AND YOU CAN KEEP IT CUSE YOUR ALL LYING AS THAT IS NOT AT ALL WHAT MY BILL SAYS, AND THAT SHOULD NEVER EVER HAPPEN IN A FIXED AGREEMENT ANYWAY !!!

brian brick > ITS THE SAME *** LOUSY USED MODEM, THATS A BUNCH OF BULL AND I'M NOT HABING IT, YOUR ALL A BUNCH OF LIARS & SCAMMERS !!!

brian brick > NEVER SID IT SAY ANY WHERE IN THE FIXED AGREEMENT THAT THE EQUIPMENT CHARGES WHERE SUPJECT TO CHANGE, SO YOU CAN JUST FORGET THAT WHOLE IDEA, BESIDES ... IF THAT WAS THE CASE, WHY THEN NO NOTICE OR EXPLAINATION, AND WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG TO MAKE THAT ONE UP AFTE RYOUR WHOLE TAX IDEA FELL THROUGH, NO ... YOUR LYING AND THAT IS NOT WHAT MY BILL SAYS HERE AT ALL !!!

brian brick > YOU YOURSELF SAID THAT MY MOTHLY RATE WAS STILL AT 89.99, AND SO THEN ACCORDING TO THIS BILL ( WHICH MENTIUONS NOTHING OF A RAISE IN PRICE FOR A LOUSY USED MODEM ) SHOWS THAT I'M BEING CHARGED AN INCORRECT RATE OF 109.99 A MONTH, WHICH IS REAL CLEVER OF YOU ALL ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THATS EXACTLY THE AMOUNT THAT I WOULD BE PAYING FOR MONTHS 13-24, HOW CONVINIANT AND WHAT A SCAM ... I'M NOT HAVING IT !!!

brian brick > please get me a manager about this issues, as this is all completely rediculous ... faulty service, faulty equipment, so many errors, and now you wanna chare me more and for what, i should be the one getting a discount not an increase for all your mistakes, inconviniences & faulty equipment !!!

brian brick > funny how this comes up just after the 3 month cancelation period as well, hmmm, i should have just canceled this *** along time ago when you people couldn't even get my blocked number feature activated properly, as i had to wait over a month or so due to all the failed & botched attempts by your agents supposedly due to them entering the wrong code, as told to me by one of your other agents, but oh how convieniant all this is for you, when you have no idea how it effets a person, what to speak of the level of professionalism when there is so much error going on & you your self making so much error, saying it's the tax one moment then claiming it's the modem increase after that didn't fly ... besides, what ever hsppened to customer service at all ???

brian brick > as if i went to the grocery store or any where else for that matter, if there was an error in my bill, i get it for that price, but this all goes well beyond that, as my bill clearly states an incorrect monthly charge, and now it's all this ???

brian brick > THIS IS REDICULOUS, WHERE DID YOU GO, I WANT TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER OR SOMETHING RIGHT NOW, AS THIS IS UNBELIVABLE !!!

Ligaya > I am still here

Ligaya > I am asking for the Supervisor

brian brick > OK, THANK YOU, AND PLEASE TO SHOW YOUR SUPERVISOR THE CONTENT OF THIS MESSAGE SO THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALL OVER AGAIN, AS I HAVE TO HAVE MY KIDS READY FOR SCHOOL IN THE MORNING AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO BED AGES AGO, BUT UNFORTUNATELY AM ATILL DEALING WITH THIS ERROR.

Ligaya > I am still here

brian brick > ok, well for goodness sakes whats the issue now and why should it take so long, this is how & why you people get away with this non sense cause not to many people gonna have the time or patients to quable over 3.99 especially if you can scam them with excuses, but i see whats going on here as well, as that mere 3.99 adds up real quick when you apply it to God only knows how many customers, and besides, we all know time is money, and so what about my time ???

Ligaya > I will now transfer you

brian brick > I'm NOT gonna Go on Allowing You All to Rip Me Off Like This, Especially Considering The Above Mentioned Situatiuons.

Ligaya > It's been my pleasure to have assisted you Brian. I am happy you contacted Comcast today.

Ligaya > Thank you for choosing Comcast as your cable provider and have a great day! Comcast appreciates your business and values you as a customer. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you need further assistance, you can chat with one of our Customer Support Specialists 24 hopurs a day, 7 hours a week at http://www.comcastsupport.com/videochat.

Ligaya > Please stay online

Ligaya > Thank you.

Ligaya > I will transfer you now.

brian brick > oh ... thank you, its about time

Ligaya > Please stay online

Ligaya > Please wait, while the problem is escalated to another analyst

Rozanne > Hi Brian.

Rozanne > I am a supervisor.

brian brick > hello

brian brick > thank you

Rozanne > Please give me a minute or two to reviw the conversation.

Rozanne > A minute more please.

Rozanne > Thank you so much for waiting.

Rozanne > I apologize for the delay.

brian brick > my whole service has been pleagued with so many errors, mistakes, faulty equipment, wasted time & all out unprofesionalism & complete incompetence, and now you all have the nerve to wanna charge me more to an already fixed amount when that is not what has been reflected in my bill here at all.

Rozanne > I am really sorry for the inconvenience Brian but the caused of the changed is due to change on monthly fee for EMTA/Modem monthly charge. It goes from $5 monthly charge too $7.

Rozanne > Let me see what I can do.

brian brick > yah, ok ... as i don't understand that one bit, as that wa snever mentioned to me in the sales agreemnet at all, and how can you charge a person more on an already used modem, i can see if you wanna raise your price for new customers but that is totally unfair & not right for prexisting customers with a previous agreement, besides and as i mentioned, why so much error then and why is that not what is stated in my bill here ???

Rozanne > I understand where you are coming from Brian. Equipment charges are actually not included on the rate mentioned on the website.

brian brick > no, no one ever mentioned nor is it written anywhere that equipment was subject to price change or increase, your just told that your locked into a fixed monthly rate.

brian brick > its certainly not listed in any of the paper work i have here, and it's not listed that way in my bill at all.

brian brick > according to my paper work my bill is not supposed to be or increase to that amount untill moths 13-24

Rozanne > It is actually stated in the Service Agreement. The paperwork actually indicates that it is only for the services not including the taxes and equipment charges.

Rozanne > I am sorry for the confusion.

brian brick > how can you charge a person more for a peice of used equipment that they already have a rental agreement with you for anyway, thats just not right.

brian brick > well no one changed equipment though, so that is totally misleading as well, because if anyhting i should be given a discount as now i have an older much more used and scratched up cable box sitting here that was o replace the brand new one i got when it was installed that just quit working.

Rozanne > I understand. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Let me see what I can do Brick. The equipment change is for all customers.

brian brick > well, ok, i appreciate it, but just so you know this is very wrong and for all customers, as it mentions nothing of a possible equipment rate charge increase on my service agreement, and i am sure that this would not be looked on very well in court as its also very convieniant for you all to all of a sudden charge me the 13-24 month rate & call it an equipment rate, when that is not at all what is stated in my bill here.

brian brick > my recurring charge is 89.99 so is in error whow ever you wanna see it, or try to rearrange it to fit, by bill clearly states what it it, and its wrong.

Rozanne > I understand Brian.

Rozanne > I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

Rozanne > Here is what I will do. I will process a credit for $10 for the inconvenience this has caused you. But moving forward, total charges including the fee will be $113.63.

Rozanne > This is including the equipment charges as well.

brian brick > 109.99 is for months 13-24, so if this is how it works the God knows how much you'll try and charge me then for used rental equipment.

brian brick > well that is still the wrong price, so just stop ... make it what it should be and lets stop playing this game, i am locked in a contract with you, and so if thats the case, then it is at a fixed rate you can't just say that is for monthly service and then raise the equipment as you like, no, cause who would ever think that, because then you could raise the modem price to $100.00 am month plus the monthly rate & if people balked at it you could just threaten them with an early termination fee, thats just sad and totally wrong, no one in their right mind would ever agree to that, besides the fatc that it is totally not at all what is stated in my service agreement.

brian brick > 112.76 untill moths 13-24, thats it and if you can't do that as agreed to, then please to come and get your stuff as i'm not paying a penny more for so much inconviniance.

brian brick > i should by all rights be given a monthly discount for all this non sense, not charged more.

Rozanne > I understand the frustration Brian but please understand that in today's challenging economic environment Comcast continues to add value to our products and make technology and service improvements. However Comcast, like many other companies, continues to experience increasing business costs, including rising programming expenses and equipments rates increase.

brian brick > all i see is a breach of contract, and i'm tired an i just want out, this is and has all been a complete waste of time.

Rozanne > Comcast has worked hard to minimize the impact of these increases on customers and rest assure that the EMTA monthly rate will not increase in the next few years.

brian brick > then tell that to your NEW CUSTOMERS, NOT your prexisting ones that have already been given a contract and fixed rate, either that or lets just take this whole mess to court and see what a judge might have to say about it all.

Rozanne > I am really sorry Brian but the agreement is only inclusive for the services stated not the taxes and equipment charges.

brian brick > because the whole thing just smells like a scam to me, and has no basis in reality, and is so pleagued with error from the beginning ... and is all just far to convieniant for you all, and i just luv how it started out as a tax argument and when that didn't wok all of a sudden became an equipment issue which just so happened to fit that price exactly, hmmm ...

Rozanne > I am sorry Brian. Again, for the current charge, I will be crediting $3.93 and total credit will be $10 for the incovnenience but there is nothing we can do about equipment price change Brian.

brian brick > is not stated like that any where and so i want out of the agreemnt then as it is totally unfair and not written or mentioned like that at all, and like i said its a complete scam then, cause you could just up equipment prices to anything one a person is locked in, as you did to me, cause funny how it all just happened to fall just outside of the 3 month termination clause, and funny how your modem increase just happens to match the 13-24 month charge, and funny how all of a sudden a tax issue all of a sudden became an equipment issue ...

Rozanne > New rate from $5 will be $7 for modem EMTA charge.

Rozanne > I am really sorry.

brian brick > come & get your equipment then cause i quite and i'll see you in court then for an obvious breach of contract !!!

brian brick > that is so much b.s. and you know it, where was the notice, where is is stated in my bill, no ... its not like that at all, its a complete scam is what it is and i'm through !!!

brian brick > you all have wasted my whole night with this non sense and lies, and now i have to get my kids ready for school, thank you very much ... i'm so done with you all.

Rozanne > I am really sorry Brian. Comcast has a lot of more great service to offer. I hope you still stay with Comcast. Your current service has a very low rate compare to the full value rate for the same service which will go up to $170.

Rozanne > I want you to know that the $10 credit has been applied

Rozanne > You can take the amount off from the current total balance

Rozanne > I am really sorry.

brian brick > come get your lousy *** if 3.99 means that *** much to you that you can lie and try and cheat me and waste all our time like this, if 3.99 means more to you than keeping a good customer that already has a contract than fine ... i'm done and you can keep it !!!

Rozanne > I am sorry Brian.

brian brick > i have seen nothing but errro faulty equipment and agents that are completely incompetant, my service has been lousy since i got this, it took over a month for them just to supposedly put in the right code just to activate my block call service, which i had to waste my time calling in about over and over just to find out the agents had botched it and it needed to be redone, how convinient for you all and then a nother week or so for it to become active, thats real nice.

brian brick > how do you thibnk this unprofessionalism effects your customers when your agents can't even get a simple thing like that done right.

brian brick > i'm sorry to.

brian brick > come and get your stuff this has wasted my whole night now, what to speak of a whole day i had to wait around here to have faulty equipment replaced, time is money and you think that didn't effect me at all, and now you people want more from me ... no way.

Rozanne > I will make sure that will be investigated and correct actions will be taken Brian. I am really sorry. Here is what I can do, to add for compensation for inconvenience this has caused you, I will add free hbo for 12 months.

Rozanne > Oh I see HBO was already added

Rozanne > I am sorry

Rozanne > I will go ahead and increase the credit from $10 to $15. This is all the credit I can give Brian.

brian brick > i don't want hbo, i don't need or watch it even, so that is in no way any kinda compensation, the only reason i have cable is for the package deal and so my kids can watch cartoons and stuff, i hate tv so forget that, thats no deal at all ... i want my bill straightened out to what it should be and thats it, and by all rights if you really wanna compensate me at all, give me a monthly discount, hbo is not gonna help me one bit., i'm on social security with a limited income and never agreed to any of this.

Rozanne > I am sorry Brian. That is the credit I can give. I can not apply any other discounts in your services because currently you have the lowest discounted rate we have.

Rozanne > I am really sorry. But rest assure that there will be no equipment rate increase Brian except for this.

brian brick > no, i can not accept that at all ... i am not paying you a dime more for some used piece of equipment that i am in contract with you for already, that is not part of the agreement, and that 3.99 a month adds up to be alot over time and thats a loaf a bread or more for us, you don't understand that and i am in no position to be able to give u a single cent more, and so if u want ya 3.99 increase that bad you can have it, keep it, and keep all your lousy equipment and service, as i'm not having it and if you wanna break ya contract like that then by all rights so should i and so we'll jsut say good bye, call it a day and that will be that and we both loose, but i can find another supplier, i am not gonna pay for the way i have been treated and the service i have recieved from comcast, i can not belive it.

brian brick > if you truly want my buisness then i'll respectfully accept your $15.00 credit and you can honor your monthly rate of 89.99 as well.

brian brick > if you can not at least do that then we'll just part ways amicably here and now and you all can just come and pick up your stuff.

Rozanne > I am so sorry Brian. $15 credit has been applied. You can take this off from your current bill. This is all the credit I can give. I am really sorry. This will show in your next bill as service adjust credit.

brian brick > that is fine, but i am not paying you any additional 3.99 eaqupiment charges or any other previously unmentioned charges and if you don't like that, i guess we all can just take this whole matter to court, because you and i both know that this just isn't right !!!

Rozanne > That will be additional of $2 Brian. I am sorry. There is nothing I can do with the equipment charge.

brian brick > i have my service agreement contract right here, plus that is not how it is stated in my current bill at all, and i was given no notice or any thing about this change, and so i guess we will see just how a judge will feel about all this, as this is complete non sense.

brian brick > there is something you can do, you can remove it, as i never agreed to it and the contract does not state that it is subject to further equipment charges or changes as i am merly renting previously used equipment from you, so how can that even be ... tell it to someone else cause i quit.

Rozanne > Equipment are good as new even if it is used already Brian. I can not remove this charge since that will disable your internet and phone service.

brian brick > yah they look real great as well when they come all scratched up, besides that i'm not debating how well they work or not, thats not the point, point is that they are used, already bought and paid for and no reason to increase the price once already sold or rented, tell it to a new renter.

Rozanne > I am sorry Brian. If there are any issues with the equipment, you can always have it swapped in the service center. I am sorry again, I can not do anything with the price change for modem rental.

brian brick > you can remove the charge, you can remove the charge just as you added it without changing my service, and just like you can make a credit adjustment you can change that charge as well or at least add it up then, 3.99 x 24 = 95.76

brian brick > thats what you can do for me then or i am gone and that is that.

Rozanne > I can not because that will disable the service.

Rozanne > I can not do that Brian.

brian brick > liar

Rozanne > If you want, you can call our local service center area and check if EMTA/MODEM is available for purchase

brian brick > no

Rozanne > So that you will not have to pay monthly charge.

brian brick > you do what iis contract

Rozanne > I am sorry.

brian brick > no, it is alreasdy rented at an agreed price.

brian brick > i am not paying you anything more for something that is no more and is not costling you any more, especially considering all the errors in service that i have had to put up and deal with from you.

brian brick > time is money, i had to sit here and get a new cable box installed as well wehn the ole one which was brand new failed and then was replaced with an ole scratched up one that at least seems to work better, but in any case ... you can not expect any more money out of me for any of this !!!

Rozanne > I am sorry Brian

brian brick > i'm sorry to then Rozanne, come pick up your stuff when my period has ended.

brian brick > i will find another proveder then, sorry.

Rozanne > You need to call our loyalty department to set up cancellation. You can call them at 1800 9346489

brian brick > but i will be damned if i will be trappd in any kinda contract termination thing, when my contact has been breached to begin with.

brian brick > no i don't have any more time to put into this ... i tell you what, just let my bill run up till you have toi take me to collections and then we will see you in court and all this will be discussed and we'll just see what any judge has to say about it, i'm done wasting my time.

brian brick > i am not calling or talking to any one else about this, if you can not handle this situation appropriately then i am done, deal with it.

Rozanne > I will close this chat now Brian if you do not have any more questions. Again, I am sorry for the equipment charges rate. Credit has been applied.

Rozanne > Thank you for contacting Comcast.

Rozanne > Goodbye now.

brian brick > yah thanx ... we'll see you in court then eventually i guess, thanks for your time.

brian brick > this is redicuous

brian brick > good bye then

brian brick > have a nice day and that you so much for once again ruining and wasting all of mine.

Review about: Xfinity.

Review #219624 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE
Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $116
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Submit review

Comments

#1091971
Kudos for u Brian. You should be a Consumer Advocate. I rily appreciate the knowledge u spread here and exposing how Comcast slyly maneuvers to increase pricing without disclosing to consumer. This is unlawful. You shuld report them to FCC (Federal Communications Commission if u already haven't and also the State Attorney General. Thx u agin.
guest
Union, New Jersey, United States #1061002
Same here. Getting internet $44.99/month for a year. Now on the 11th month getting $45.73. Increase is "tax" that fluctuates. I foolishly made a payment online. Still one month left will deduct $0.74. Next year rate is $67. Fk SCAMCAST why isn't it being class action sued yet???
TIRED OF THE SUCKER PUNCH
Kent, Washington, United States #718037
Comcast needs to be slapped with a class action law suit. What they are doing is just plain wrong. If enough people band together and say we are not going to just accept this, then maybe Comcast will stop thinking "WE CAN STEAL YOUR MONEY WHENEVER WE WANT". Seems like most here have been or are presently victims of there NUMEROUS LIES AND SCAMS,until WE THE PEOPLE STAND UP AND VOICE THAT WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! The "great honorable service" at Comcast will continue.
CONcast
to TIRED OF THE SUCKER PUNCH Blaine, Washington, United States #722908
Yesterday I received a notice from my bank that my account was overdrawn. I immediately called them and learned that Comcast had helped themselves to AUTOPAY. Because the Comcast bill is so misleading and usually full of errors I would NEVER approve autopay. I agree on the class action but how does one go about organizing it?
Dyna890
:eek Nothing has changed with the Comcast Cable Companies way of billing. The only change is that Comcast has just become larger and richer! :cry Very Sad
Dyna890
There should be a law to stop companies like comcast that bill people solely to scam them. These bills that comcast are a complete intentional confusion. They are the biggest rip off company. To charge people this outrageous amt of money to watch TV. I makes me SICK :(
Run Brain.exe
Think before you judge and make comments like that to people. It is clearly a package deal. He might not need HD cable but it does come as a package with internet which most people need for school / work. If he needs it for work and his 2 children need it for school depending on their ages they might need to run programs that take 3-4 hours to process information from the internet to even complete one assignment. Why not pay 10-15 dollars more for a package that includes the HD cable or to have his number unlisted?

Even with all this put aside its still wrong how comcast treats their customers. I myself have had awful experiences with techs coming out telling me its my router when over the phone I was told my modem wasnt working properly and my router was not connected at the time. Had my modem replaced they came back out told me it was my unconnected router again. Turned out it was a split in the wire that ran through the wall. Then they had to come out a 3rd time all in 2 weeks on the 3rd time they just said oh well this time it really is your router which i believed at first because i finally set it up thinking everything was working properly but sure enough i disconnected it and it was again the modem which they responded well its because 2 many people in your complex use your internet so yours will be very slow and disconnect randomly. In the end they tryed to charge me 96 additional dollars to my bill for the 3 visits to replace their broken
Comcast Vs. It's Competition,
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India #251615
"Letter to Comcast Regarding Their Services."

I'm Writing Regarding & Wondering if Anyone Has Ever Told You ...
Or if Your Even Aware of the Fact or Even Care That
Your Rates Are Far More Than That of AT&T Uverse,
And Your Cable Service, and Especially Your Cable Boxes
Are So Out of Date & So Far Behind the Times.
AT&T Uverse Charges Less or Around the Same for Their Boxes as You Do,
But Their Boxes Have So Many More Great & Up to Date Features ...
Including More RCA Outputs for a Much Better Fuller Surround Sound Effect.
There Small Boxes, Unlike Your Lil' Black Boxes Which Can't Even Get a Fraction
Of the Channels, Also Has the Same Features as Well as 2 RCA Outputs for Sound.
Yours Can't Even Get All the Channels in the Package ...
Which This I Just Totally Don't Understand, and Yet You Want to
Rent Them Out at the Same or Higher Rate ???
Plus They Don't Stick & Lag Behind as Much as Yours Do,
As When One Goes to Change or Flip Through Channels It Does Just That ...
When Yours Do Not, They Stick, Lag Behind & Even Skip Channels Doing This.
I Have To Press the Up or Down Arrow a Multitude of Times to Get the
Channel to Even Change on Mine Sometimes.
And Besides That When You Flip Channels You Just Offer Such Basic Information ...
UVerse Gives You Not Only Whats On But Whats Coming Up Next as Well & So On.

Now
Comcast Does Not Honor Contrac
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India #245761
Comcast Will Not Honor Their Orignal Sales Contract at a Fixed Rate
And Try to Add on Aditional Charges, When Asked About This They Their Agents First Swore Up & Down That It Was Just the Taxes & When I showed Them Specifically Where the Error Was in My Bill & In My Monthly Pricing Plan Then They Put Me On Hold Only to Come Bac with the Idea That it Was Then That They Raised the Price of My Modem And That Was Not Covered Under My Monthly Charges, But My Sales Agreement Says Otherwise
And Does Cover & Include Inrternest, So That Just Doesn't Hold Up.
Service Has Been Lousey, No One Ever Answers the Phone or Gets You to the Proper Departments.
They No Longer Reply to My E-Mails, I Have Had 2 Cable Boxes Stop Working On Me in the 4 Months That I Have Only Just Had the Service, Their Personal Sales Representive in My Neighborhood Is Absolutely Worthless,
Does Nothing for Me That He Promised, Nor Does He Even Answer or Respond to
My Calls Half the Time, and When He Does, He Just Tells Me I'll Have to Call Comcast About That.
Absolutely Worthless & the Bundles Are Nothing More Than ...
Lies & Complete Scams !!!
Comcast Does Not Honor Contrac
Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India #245757
Hi Hello,
I'm Writting You Because I Have Never Seen a Bill or Anything Like This Before
Niether From You or Any Anyone Else for that Matter.

Previous Bill

Current Bill
(2/9 - 3/8)
Service (Recurring charges) $109.99

**** THIS IS ALSO IN ERROR, AS MY MONTHLY RECURRING CHARGES FOR MONTHS
1-12 IS ONLY AT $89.99 AND THIS SHOULDN'T BE THE CHARGE UNTILL MONTHS 13-24 ****

One-time fees, PPV, Usage (Non-recurring charges) $0.00

**** THIS IS UNHEARD OF, AS MY CURRENT BILL DUE CAN NOT BE COMBINED
WITH MY NEXT MONTHS CHARGES THAT WOULD NOT BE DUE YET UNTILL THE END
OF THIS MONTHS PERIOD, AS WITH ALL MY OTHER BILLS, SO WHU INCLUDE IT
AND STATE AN INCORRECT DUE DATE FOR THE 2 BEING DUE ON 02/03/2011

GRANTED, MY CURRENT MONTHS BILL MAY BE A FEW DAYS LATE ...
BUT THAT