Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Today August 17th I was scheduled to have Comcast Xfinity HD Complete Triple Play installed. The technician arrived and stated that he was here to install Internet only. I explained that I signed up for the Triple Play so he rechecked his Order Form and it said Internet only. He said what he could do is install the two extra boxes he has with him and work out the rest with Comcast later. I called Comcast C.S. while he was getting setup to find out what went wrong with my order.

The C.S. rep stated to me that they do have me setup for the Triple Play but only one receiver. I said that is incorrect as my order stated 4 receivers (1) AnyRoom HD DVR receiver and (3) HD receivers. He blew his breath into the phone as if I was annoying him because of the correction and transferred me to someone else. The next individual stated that my order included one receiver but I could add three additional receivers at no additional charge. I explained that I took a screenshot of my order and read verbatim what the "Included Services" stated on the Customize Your Bundle page. He said no problem, let the technician take care of the internet, phone, and install the two receivers one of which include Basic cable (not the complete channel lineup I signed up for) and they will schedule me for another technician to come back out with the three boxes.

Irked at this point I was ready to agree to that until he told me that I would need a $50 deposit for the HD receivers. That was the last draw for me. The technician arrived with an incomplete installation request, C.S. told me that I didn't select the correct number of receivers when the package I choose automatically included four receivers, they would have to come back out to my house to complete my order, and then to top it all I have to pay a $50 deposit for the HD receivers.

Needless to say I cancelled the entire order. It will be just my luck that after waiting for the past two years for Verizon Fios to become available on my side of the street it will become available after we move from our current residence.

Comments

You did the best thing not taking there service.

There customer service is horrible. You never speak to a english person.

You go straight to India. I cancelled my service 5 weeks ago and I have been calling every 7 days to get my refund for the service that I paid for and never used. Every time they say the check has been issued and to watch my mailbox. Today I spend over a hour and 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get my money.

Of that time I was only talking to some for less the 15 mins.

HORRIBLE. I would tell everyone I know not to use there service.