Lansing, Michigan

I recently switched my cable service from WOW to Comcast, and boy was I pissed when I tried to get some help by phone. On 09/30/08 I was surprized to find that the help button on my remote did nothing.

My first phone call was a useless person who kept repeating the same thing over and over, but could not answer specific questions like "Which button do you press to do that?" When I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone who knew a little more than how to read from the promptor, I was put into a holding pattern on the phone. So I recalled, this time Kelly was a little more help. She told me she didn't know how to do it, but she'd call back. Never did.

How do you spell $225 a month? Oh, and I also paid $120 to get the service installed and got no manuals, and one of the remotes wasn't even set to one of the TV's. I'm pretty sure I've made a big mistake.

WOW keeps calling me, so I'll probably call them back.

Comments

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #85149

This is my reply to comments by csr:

the help button on a TV remote will NOT connect you to Technical support

(I know that you ***. A help button should take you to a list of common problems and solutions.)

- you would need to call or access online chat services for help DUH!

(Yeah dufus. This is what one would do if the help button proved to be of NO HELP. And please explain why the help button is there. Is it to simulate the help you'll get when you call them?)

second it is up to you to programm your remote as Comcast is not psychic and does not know what make/modle of tv you have.

(Yeah, I was doing that, (Program has one "M")programming it that is, and there was definately a gap in the logical way to program the dvr. Oh, and it's spelled m-o-d-e-l, not m-o-d-l-e)

- instructions for you to program the remote were included in your welcome kit.

(Wrong again Copernicus. I received no welcome kit. I would imagine you probably work for KomKast due to the fact that you are choosing their side. Maybe they should begin hiring people with educations who can spell and use punctuation to answer these questions (and blog comments for that matter) since there are plenty of them out of work right now.)

Littleton, Massachusetts, United States #85143

the help button on a TV remote will NOT connect you to Technical support - you would need to call or access online chat services for help DUH! second it is up to you to programm your remote as Comcast is not psychic and does not know what make/modle of tv you have - instructions for you to program the remote were included in your welcome kit.