Comcast said my new modem is not compatible with Xfinity despite having a big Xfinity compatible logo printed directly on the box and the comcast technician claiming it is compatible. The modem is even listed on the Comcast website:
"device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed."
- see in full here: http://j.mp/TC-7610
Despite having a device they clearly support, they recommended I lease from them (of course). I was trying to avoid getting Comcast for this very reason. 3 install appointments later, I still have no internet. But I do have a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem paperweight and have to contemplate leasing, as I cannot rely on the contracts they have with manufacturers regrading compatibility since they will deny them at will.
I have also filed complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, in addition to submitting several product reviews explaining the fraudulent advertising.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Fraudulent practices
- Reason of review:
- fraudulent practices
- Preferred solution:
- I am certain it is compatible and this is a way for them to sell more leased equipment. I want it to work or I want a statement that they are falsely selling products with Xfinity compatibility that are knowingly incompatible.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xfinity Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The company charges you $90.00 a year and promises you if you get the premium membership you will have a better chance of being cast in a Hollywood movie which..."
- "I downgraded my service and was never billed for it at all. Because Comcast suggested that we go to paperless billing, I never saw a balance. It was at $0..."
- "90% reliable; screen breaks up and freezes Internet expensive and slow..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "After seeing an advert for a Brass Sonoma Double Despard Wallplate at Wallplate Warehouse on an internet sidebar, I tried finding their ADVERTISED item on their website. ..."
- "I just purchased a Groupon for Dal Toro Ristorante Las Vegas; $60 Value for Two or More People at Dinner. Originally I was searching for lunch deals in Vegas, which is..."
- "I rented a car to make a short trip that usually takes 2.5 hours and it ended up taking 8 hours. Budget gave me a car with a serious mechanical..."