Comcast said my new modem is not compatible with Xfinity despite having a big Xfinity compatible logo printed directly on the box and the comcast technician claiming it is compatible. The modem is even listed on the Comcast website:
"device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed."
- see in full here: http://j.mp/TC-7610
Despite having a device they clearly support, they recommended I lease from them (of course). I was trying to avoid getting Comcast for this very reason. 3 install appointments later, I still have no internet. But I do have a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem paperweight and have to contemplate leasing, as I cannot rely on the contracts they have with manufacturers regrading compatibility since they will deny them at will.
I have also filed complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, in addition to submitting several product reviews explaining the fraudulent advertising.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Fraudulent practices
- Reason of review:
- fraudulent practices
- Preferred solution:
- I am certain it is compatible and this is a way for them to sell more leased equipment. I want it to work or I want a statement that they are falsely selling products with Xfinity compatibility that are knowingly incompatible.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xfinity Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have been a customer of Comcast cable & internet services for several years now, as they bought out our old cable & Internet provider. Ever since the switch, we..."
- "This is going on all night long. ..."
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "After seeing an advert for a Brass Sonoma Double Despard Wallplate at Wallplate Warehouse on an internet sidebar, I tried finding their ADVERTISED item on their website. ..."
- "After buying this item from Al closet for my mother I received an email that the seller will not sell me the watch. After many conversation via email..."
- "Beware of a business that can flood the review sites. You can't fool the BBB. TopResume is a owned by Talent, Inc in New York, the same company that owns..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."