Comcast advertising fraud #ConCast

Comcast said my new modem is not compatible with Xfinity despite having a big Xfinity compatible logo printed directly on the box and the comcast technician claiming it is compatible. The modem is even listed on the Comcast website:

"device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed."

- see in full here:

Despite having a device they clearly support, they recommended I lease from them (of course). I was trying to avoid getting Comcast for this very reason. 3 install appointments later, I still have no internet. But I do have a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem paperweight and have to contemplate leasing, as I cannot rely on the contracts they have with manufacturers regrading compatibility since they will deny them at will.

I have also filed complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, in addition to submitting several product reviews explaining the fraudulent advertising.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Fraudulent practices

Reason of review:
fraudulent practices
Preferred solution:
I am certain it is compatible and this is a way for them to sell more leased equipment. I want it to work or I want a statement that they are falsely selling products with Xfinity compatibility that are knowingly incompatible.
Monetary loss:
Had an experience with Comcast? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.