Comcast said my new modem is not compatible with Xfinity despite having a big Xfinity compatible logo printed directly on the box and the comcast technician claiming it is compatible. The modem is even listed on the Comcast website:
"device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed."
- see in full here: http://j.mp/TC-7610
Despite having a device they clearly support, they recommended I lease from them (of course). I was trying to avoid getting Comcast for this very reason. 3 install appointments later, I still have no internet. But I do have a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem paperweight and have to contemplate leasing, as I cannot rely on the contracts they have with manufacturers regrading compatibility since they will deny them at will.
I have also filed complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, in addition to submitting several product reviews explaining the fraudulent advertising.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Fraudulent practices
- Reason of review:
- fraudulent practices
- Preferred solution:
- I am certain it is compatible and this is a way for them to sell more leased equipment. I want it to work or I want a statement that they are falsely selling products with Xfinity compatibility that are knowingly incompatible.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Xfinity Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Comcast customer service executive (Era) is thinking that customers are liar. Few services shut off suddenly and I did not make changes. I can see in online account which service..."
- "I downgraded my service and was never billed for it at all. Because Comcast suggested that we go to paperless billing, I never saw a balance. It was at $0..."
- "I have had different services provide my cable throughout the years that I have lived in my home. My first satellite company installed a dish on my roof about..."
- "Beware of a business that can flood the review sites. You can't fool the BBB. TopResume is a owned by Talent, Inc in New York, the same company that owns..."
- "I just purchased a Groupon for Dal Toro Ristorante Las Vegas; $60 Value for Two or More People at Dinner. Originally I was searching for lunch deals in Vegas, which is..."
- "I rented a car to make a short trip that usually takes 2.5 hours and it ended up taking 8 hours. Budget gave me a car with a serious mechanical..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."