Evanston, Illinois
100% full Not resolved

Comcast said my new modem is not compatible with Xfinity despite having a big Xfinity compatible logo printed directly on the box and the comcast technician claiming it is compatible. The modem is even listed on the Comcast website:

"device has undergone DOCSIS testing by Comcast and has received the relevant Underwriters Laboratory ("UL"), Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and CableLabs certifications. Comcast's DOCSIS certification supplements CableLabs testing by adding things like performance and interoperability tests. This helps to ensure that, for example, a given device can support a given service tier's speed."

- see in full here: http://j.mp/TC-7610

Despite having a device they clearly support, they recommended I lease from them (of course). I was trying to avoid getting Comcast for this very reason. 3 install appointments later, I still have no internet. But I do have a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem paperweight and have to contemplate leasing, as I cannot rely on the contracts they have with manufacturers regrading compatibility since they will deny them at will.

I have also filed complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, in addition to submitting several product reviews explaining the fraudulent advertising.

Review about: Xfinity Internet.

I didn't like: Customer service, Fraudulent practices.

Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss fraudulent practices / $60
Preferred solution I am certain it is compatible and this is a way for them to sell more leased equipment. I want it to work or I want a statement that they are falsely selling products with Xfinity compatibility that are knowingly incompatible.

Had an Experience with Comcast?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion