Stockton, California

I've been a customer of Comcast since 96, downgraded my service 2 years ago then upgraded 3 months ago since they had a promotion for $40 that included digital starter and internet. The agreement is for 2 years.

It has been a nightmare since then. Customer service reps are horrible, they lack professionalism. They got my order wrong twice, billed me incorrectly since day 1. I didn't setup the internet right away because I knew that if I ran into problems, I would need to deal with them again.

My last bill was $141 instead of $40. I called them to discuss my bill and I was told that since I wasn't using the internet, they removed it and billed me the regular monthly fees of $65 for cable. Then they said that I didn't sign up for a digital starter and internet, the code they had was for limited basic and internet for $40. It sounded like they were coming up with excuses not to provide what I signed up for.

Now they want me to provide them with the promotion notice they sent me originally. Thank God, I still have it. But I'm not optimistic that my issues with them will be resolved in a timely manner. I'm sure this nightmare will continue.

This is just a summary of the horrible experience I've had with Comcast. I will be writing to Better Business Bureau once this is all over with.

What a big headache! Once my agreement with them is up, I will cancel my services.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

If you don't use Comcast, who will you use? Direct TV is even more of a nightmare and Verizon's customer service stinks!

That is the problem when these companies get this large - they don't care - you are just a little fish in a big pond.

It's sad really and good for you for contacting the BBB. Maybe if enough people do that, they will be forced to change their policies.