I was sold a bundle package by Troy in Retention at the comcast service center in Fishers, Indiana. Not only did I not receive it (the upgrade) when it was connected, I was charged a different price (a lot higher).

To make matters worse, there is no accountability. The buck does not stop anywhere. I have tryed to get Troy in retention to return my call, to no avail. It is sad we now have to buy tv, and they have no customer service, even though every call says there is a comcast customer guarantee.

I have asked a supervisor to review the call, as it states all calls are recorded. Ha!!! Guess what. Not.

That is the story when you need it to be reviewed. So, there goes the safety net to prove what was discussed. Also, no emails can be sent to you email to confirm what was just agreed upon. This has all have proven to be very dicey.

I would think this is about as crooked as any business can be run.

IN the meantime, no TV. Hmmm, wonder how many others are dealing with this same situation!

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Bundle.

Comments

You can lower our rates for Comcast services by threatening to cancel; they don't like that. They'll "work with you" on pricing and servies if you want to drop them.

Try it, you be directed to the "Retention" dept where you'll speak with a rep who is able to lower your cost. If you don't like what you hear, call back and try again. As a former employee who managed in a Retention area, you will find a an agent who needs to "save" a customer to make their quota that you'll get a better deal. If need be, demand to speak to a Manager; they do everything thay can can to keep your business (I know, I was one of them).

Also, threaten to go to corporate, they hate that! A report is run monthly listing EVERYONE who spoke to the customer before they went to corporate. As a management person, you don't want your VP of Customer Service to see your name on this report often so you do what ever you can to satisfy the customer. Believe me it works like a miracle.

Pressure is all they understand. Customer service is only given lip service. All they care about is that yo make your monthly payment for as many high-priced services they can get you into. Delivering the services is another matter and when they jack-up prices or don't seliver the service you need to threaten to cancel and/or speak to supervisors, If that doesn't get you satisfaction, ask to speak to their Manager; that usually changes their thinking, Finally, go corporate on them and watch them change their tune about "what they can do for you".

If you "roll over" for them, they'll continue to take advantage of you.

Believe me, as someone who was on the other end trying to satisfy upset customers (with hands-tied in many instances by "ploicy") these tactics work big time! Try it and get what you want and deserve.