Verified Reviewer

1.4

Update by user Mar 28

I was badgered into paying half the balance or face a credit report. Glad to be done with it & Comcast.

Original review posted by user Feb 27

I signed up for Comcast Xfinity service in August 2019. The service work ok until Nov 2019 when I started having connection issues with both TV and internet.

I tried multiple times to resolve this with Comcast, but they were unable to do so. Tech support was terrible promising to call back etc. which was not done.

I finally decided to cancel my service around the first of Dec and returned the equipment to a local Xfinity retail store. I advised them as to why I was cancelling & they said to call Comcast to let them know to avoid an early termination fee.

I did that.

I owed only $3.66 for prorated service in Dec. On Dec 21 my credit card was charge $89.55, which I assume added the termination fee. I reversed the charges with my credit card company and called Comcast to complain. The agent said there was nothing she could do which seemed odd.

I then sent an email requesting an appeal.

I received a past due bill from Comcast then on Feb 11th started getting debt collector calls. I called Comcast again and was on the phone for about 30 minutes pleading my case to rather uninterested agents in India.

I have now filed a complaint with the FCC and need to wait 30 days to hear that outcome. I could not find any other option to try to resolve this issue.

I understand I had a contract with Comcast.

But they also had a contract with me to provide services which they did not fulfil. I cannot believe it is worth $85 to them to lose countless future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Cable Tv Service.

Comcast Pros: Near monopoly on internet in nashville.

Comcast Cons: Terrible customer service.

Comments