State: California City: Stockton Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (4 of 765 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast US Goverment Sponsored Monopoly

Comcast is ripping us all off. I pay $185.00 a month to get digital TV and Internet. What should this service cost? $50.00. This goverment sponsored monoply needs to be broken up just like Ma Bell, but they pay our Senators and Congress to look the other way. I have sent letters to my Senators and they just laugh me away. Boxer and Fienstien are puppets that Comcast shovels money to to keep their monoply in place. Over the last 10 years I caculate the excessive cost billed to me is $15,000. The Comcast Internet only operates at a fraction of the claimed speed. If you want digital service for your TV the upcharges and forced packages constitue and extravant expense. If you complain they offer you a package that may be cheaper for a short period of time, however you get locked into a much more expensive package costing you even more money. We are a country of SHEEP.
Tags
  • Economics
Here I am, living in the USA, and thinking that when I need customer service from Comcast, that I will be talking to a representative in our home country. Not!! I am extremely upset with Comcast as they have outsourced jobs. On a couple of occasions I have placed a...

I too just ended a call from a customer service representative from Mexico. I had difficulty understanding and that's frustrating.

I am not a satisfied customer and am attempting to pry-off the talon's of this company.

I cancelled service and they continue to make monthly charges. Signed, Red, White & Blue!

View more comments

Comcast Ain't doin sht

Its been like months i been lagging do to the internet i even switch the modem had to go over there and get a new one because they wouldn't bring it or else they charge me, Contact a technician online they always tell you the same *** and to restart the modem but the problem is not the modem or my pc is their freaking cable they refuse to replace because they said we already had one install but supposedly i think their suppose to replace everything every time you move or set up a new connection in a new place. Been months and still not fix my ping goes high every few secs and internet just starts to lag and stuff. So whats the point of high speed internet paying for all this *** that doesn't work properly like it support to.

Yo i have the exact same problem everything you just said in games my ping goes hella high and i have high speed internet i contacted a technician like 5 times still nothing. I even replace my modem and had to go get it or they'll charge me nothing worked this is ***!

thats because comcast is a shared network. everyone in your area is on the same coax.

the more modems on that coax the slower you go. plus your modem will drop too. why don't people get it! go with the phone co.

at least your on a dedicated two wire circuit. no one else is on it.

i know. been working for the telco for 30 years

View more comments (1)
Tags
  • new place

Comcast, a nightmare from ***

I've been a customer of Comcast since 96, downgraded my service 2 years ago then upgraded 3 months ago since they had a promotion for $40 that included digital starter and internet. The agreement is for 2 years. It has been a nightmare since then. Customer service reps are horrible, they lack professionalism. They got my order wrong twice, billed me incorrectly since day 1. I didn't setup the internet right away because I knew that if I ran into problems, I would need to deal with them again. My last bill was $141 instead of $40. I called them to discuss my bill and I was told that since I wasn't using the internet, they removed it and billed me the regular monthly fees of $65 for cable. Then they said that I didn't sign up for a digital starter and internet, the code they had was for limited basic and internet for $40. It sounded like they were coming up with excuses not to provide what I signed up for. Now they want me to provide them with the promotion notice they sent me originally. Thank God, I still have it. But I'm not optimistic that my issues with them will be resolved in a timely manner. I'm sure this nightmare will continue. This is just a summary of the horrible experience I've had with Comcast. I will be writing to Better Business Bureau once this is all over with. What a big headache! Once my agreement with them is up, I will cancel my services.

If you think it's bad being a Comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. Former employees won a class action lawsuit for making us work off the clock without pay. Call Retention Department to get discounts.

If you don't use Comcast, who will you use? Direct TV is even more of a nightmare and Verizon's customer service stinks!

That is the problem when these companies get this large - they don't care - you are just a little fish in a big pond.

It's sad really and good for you for contacting the BBB. Maybe if enough people do that, they will be forced to change their policies.

View more comments (1)