State: California City: San Diego Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (2 of 763 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in San Diego, California - Shoddy communications and poor service with admitted lies.

While staying In Deming NM for 3 months on a contract job we used Comcast as our cable and internet provider, leasing a cable box and internet modem from them. When it came time to move, we scheduled service termination about 3 weeks in advance through their department that handles it. All was well at the time. The local office is only open select days of the week and as it turned out they would not be open between termination date and our leaving date. We needed internet service until the last moment as a lot of our work is done online, so that is why we did not turn the equipment in early. However, the service department said they would send a return box to our forwarding address via UPS so we can return our equipment. All of that worked well, the box was sent and both the modem and cable box was returned. Fast forward a month and I receive a bill. Now, I have already paid the final bill and been told twice that we will be receiving a check for the credit. When I called them about the amount due they said it was a mistake and the billing had not caught up in the computer and that the refund check was on the way. I was annoyed but accepted this as a simple glitch resolved. Fast forward another month and I am now receiving calls from a company saying that they are a collection agency for Comcast and they are trying to recover the cable box that was not returned. When questioned they said they have received the internet modem but not the cable box. I explained that the two were sent in the same box and met with, what could be the equivalent on the phone of what seemed to sound like a blank stare. After a silent pause, they finally spoke and said to call Comcast. I did. In short, Comcast said that they would look for it and I should have a resolution on 4 to 6 weeks. In addition, the refund check will be held until they find the box. I reminded them that the check was on the way a month ago and, they conceded, after being backed in the corner, that I had been lied to. Also they said that the "collection agency" attempting to recover the already returned but lost cable box isn't really a "collection agency" as they lead you to believe. That, when confronted, they admitted it was in not so many words, a scare tactic. It seems that if you are reasonably intelligent, you can make them admit to their shady tactics. I still have no refund check and no resolution. I will afford them a couple of weeks before I call back and speak with an individual higher up the food chain. I feel it obvious, however, compared to my experiences so far, that I am an apex predator and they sit somewhere in the middle. I hope it does not come to this, but, Ketchup seems to make anything taste better.
Review
Service
Comcast Internet Service
Loss

Comcast in San Diego, California - Provided faulty modom twice and bad internet connection

These people are rediculous!. they hooked up the first modom that constantly messed up about 4-6 times a day. so my husband had to take it back to them, and the next modom that we recived didnt work either!. I had called customer service to make a complaint and the *** who took my call clearly wasnt paying any attention to what i was explaining to him about my internet not working . he had the nerve to say, "Go On Line To Comcast.com And File One There" uhm didnt i just say that my internet isnt working!. how the *** do you expect me to go on line and file a complaint!. for the amount i pay for my internet every month i shouldnt have any problems!.
Review