State: California City: Petaluma Product: Comcast Internet Service Clear all filters (2 of 765 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Petaluma, California - Horrible Customer Service

I had problems so I called customer service, after 25 minutes on hold I reached a live person who walked me through the process of checking my Comcast supplied modem. It was determined that I had a faulty modem. Went to local Comcast and picked up new combo modem router. For two days I had no Internet Service, no phone service but cable worked. Tech came out and fixed part of the problem but said he couldn't fix the modem unless I paid a $100 fee for the service. I refused and have called back on multiple occasions to resolve the problem to no avail. I have never had worse customer service anywhere. If you have a choice in providers choose any one but COMCAST!!!!
Andrea

Have you changed your internet settings to coincide with the new router? For a tech to come out and adjust your settings you pay their fee or do it yourself. They get paid by their training and their time.

I know how to do it, and I would not drive my car and use my gas to come to your house and do it for you for free. Just because they are Comcast tech support does not mean they WORK for Comcast. They are independent contractors.

Turn off ALL your components, then check to make sure ALL connections are correct. Then turn on your computer FIRST, then the monitor, THEN the router/combo. Open your browser and see if your connection is restored. If not, post the brand and model of router here and I will help you since I do not have to drive or use my gas.

Review
Service
Comcast Internet Service
Loss

Comcast Stress

Starting off Comcast made things ridiculously stressful. The cable box didn't work at first, the techs were nice and helpful, but in the end it was a technical issue on their end that made this ordeal last two full days. I can't describe the frustration over how much time was wasted and thoughts of cancelling cable and just having internet. Now it is billing issues. Have had Comcast two months, the first online automatic bill pay went through while the second was reversed. They wanted to charge me $25 for this. The only reason I found out that my bill was reversed was after several unknown calls coming in 2-3 times a day. The automated messages gave no information, and half the calls had the number chopped. When i had tried to answer my phone I would get an automated message to call a number, no other information, so I didn't waste my energy thinking they were soliciting or something annoying of that sort. Finally, getting irritated I picked up and was shocked when a human responded. She had no explanation over the 2-3 calls a day or the automated voice messages. To pay the $82.63 I hadn't even known I owed there would be a fee. Why would I pay a fee when there should be no outstanding balance? Also, I am very concerned with my credit so all bills are paid in a timely manner. I paid the amount online and avoided the fee, however, after wasting a lot of time I still do not understand the odd amount due, but plan to have it addressed. Whatever might be the case, Comcast has a lot of technical issues that need to be fixed. Given the choice I would switch to another cable/internet provider if that were possible. As it is I am tempted to cancel cable since it is not necessary and I do not like the idea of paying a company not providing proper customer service. What has happened to the days when customer satisfaction actually mattered?
Review