I contacted Comcast to downgrade the Triple-Play service at our ski house to internet only.Using the chat feature, I contacted customer service.

The agent informed me that the cost would be $71.95/mo for Performance Pro, which is 100mbps without a gateway/modem. After noting my account, I needed to contact their retention department to finalize the downgrade of service. When contacting the retention department, I was told that amount was incorrect and all they could do was $84.95/mo. I explained that I had saved the transcript of the chat and was happy to provide the information.

After waiting on hold for 12 minutes, I was finally supplied with an email address for a supervisor to review the data. No one seems willing or able to assist. This isn't the first experience I've had with Comcast having large variations in pricing depending on the agent you speak with. Their website is also not transparent and doesn't allow you to make any changes without contacting them live.

This all screams of deceptive business practices meant to take advantage of customers.I intend to forward the data along to the state consumer protection agency as well.

Review about: Xfinity Performance Pro Internet Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Inability to resolve problem, Answer to problem is to put customer on hold and transfer.