I just really wanted to share my last experience with all the users out there to let you know what you will get if you go with Comcast. Let's put it this way: If it was between Comcast and nothing at all, I'd rather live by myself in a log cabin in the woods. When Comcast learned that I was canceling my service, they decided that they didn't like that all that much, so they chalked up over $300 of wrongful charges onto my account. I had had a one year contract with them that was shotty at best throughout the year, and the last month of my service, I didn't have service at all! So, I called and canceled. I sent back my equipment and was all set until one day they started calling. First, they told me that I owed them for three more months of service and for not returning my equipment. After months of fighting with them, they finally negated the equipment charge, because surprise! they found it! Then they tried to charge me for three months which I had already paid for, and had a receipt for! Finally, after about 6 months of no contact, I get a letter in my mailbox. This letter is informing me that I have apparently owed them $100 for so long that they have sent it to collections and are affecting my credit score. I called them, and the woman told me that I'm screwed, because it TOOK ME SO LONG TO DEAL WITH IT THAT IT'S OUT OF THEIR HANDS, even though the last time I had spoken to them they said I didn't owe anything.

I will never use Comcast again, none of my friends will ever use Comcast again, and I suggest none of you do either, unless you want them attempting to trash your credit score just because you canceled their service.

Review by Evin Grost

Wyoming, MI 49519

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States #1214538

This is almost exactly what happened to me with DISH only way worse!! Will NEVER use them again!! Thank goodness I kept receipts too!

If you think it's bad being a comcrap customer it's way worse being an employee. In the Lynnwood, WA call center a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent email telling us to work off the clock without pay.

We were fired not her when we told HR. Call the retention department and ask for discounts.