My wife had ordered Comcast internet at an intro rate for her house before we go married, after 2 years of service and the bill creeping ever higher. I called to see about either lowering my bill or lowering my level of service. Either would be fine with me, but the Associate "Alfred" claimed that there was a deal with Xfinity TV and Internet for $55.95 for 12 months for loyal Comcast customers.

Having been burned by Comcast myself a few times, I asked all of the questions, with promises of emails on the service - nothing ever came.

Since I was willing to take a leap with them - I sign up for this promotion, since I could cancel it. Let the nightmare begin.

First - The bill came and it was double - they had forgotten to apply the "Discount" when I called to dispute it, they came back saying - "no problem sir, we can take care of that - we are going to put you on with a Customer solutions representative. I've added notes and they will be able to help you." This is their way of passing the Buck.

The person who came on the line had no idea what was going on, and I have to explain the entire situation again. After about 15 minutes more, she ran her numbers - can came back with a number; that was HIGHER than I was promised. When I asked about what I had just been promised. She expressed that she could not do that...Some Customer Service Rep.

So....I spend another 15 minutes trying to work with her on the services I only need. Not doing the crazy...add TV, add Blast! to get the price lower through promotions. I finally come down to a Price that works.... After that I end my call.

I walked into the store the next day to return my TV box and made sure I asked for a return slip. I also asked for a print out of what my account level of service was at and what I can expect. The gentleman did politely say what it was - but when I asked him for a copy of that - he looked like I asked him to strip naked and to the poka. He did manage to get me a SCREEN SHOT of what his computer was showing him, but a consumer organization that cannot print a simple level of service provided receipt - it at best SHADY!

Waiting 2 days for my online account to change - I was absolutely shocked to find that even if you change your account settings, which may alter your balance. The online system does not register the change - which means you have to call Comcast to get your account balance-; But there is not hard copy bill for you to show that these changes have been made.

This is especially odd since if you had a HIGHER level of service, and you simple change to a LOWER level of service - that is considered continuity of service - which means it does not fall into the "COMCAST CUSTOMER GUARANTEE".

I am very surprised that a company this backwards and difficult to deal thinks that they can just start buying up smaller companies. Comcast is against the free market and it will be looking for a new provider the second my bill creeps up.

I didn't like: Customer service, Lies, Price, Service.

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #923848

I have still nog heard anything from comcast. If they ask" why are you terminating my service" in a year or so.

I will just keep sending them these pages, of not resolved....not resolved. THEY resolved nothing.

I had to do all the leg work and ask the right question. I would expect a sale rep to be helpful.