Alexandria, Virginia

I sent the following e-mail to Brian Roberts, Comcast CEO, today. I encourage all fellow pissed-off customers to do likewise.

Dear Mr. Roberts,

I don't assume for a moment that you will personally read this e-mail, but hope that at least one of your personal assistants will.

I have just suspended payment, effective May 25, 2011, on the Internet portion of my Comcast monthly billing statement, after having been unable for at least three years to prevail on Comcast to adjust the signal to my cable modem to a level that will provide the consistent, reliable, uninterrupted, high-speed Internet service for which I have been paying Comcast an ever-increasing monthly premium. My multiple complaints to the Comcast 800-line and many service calls to my residence by Comcast technicians have failed to resolve the problem with the Comcast signal to my modem. Prior to making such calls, I confirmed the problem with the Comcast signal on almost every occasion by running tests to the Visualware "MySpeed" test server in Dulles, VA. In innumerable instances, often several times during the same week, I have been unable to access the Internet or conduct reliable, intelligible phone conversations via VOIP. In several cases, the test server was unable to detect the upload signal at all, which explains why I my VOIP service was sometimes interrupted for hours and I had to rely on my mobile phone (at extra cost) to communicate. Even when the Comcast signal was strong enough to be detected by the Visualware test server, these tests have consistently indicated the following problems:

MSDL01: The download speed is too low for the latency/bandwidth of the connection

MSTR01: The data flow for this test is too erratic

MSMD01: TCP is waiting too long for data

MSTR02: The trip time for this connection is too erratic

I have maintained copies of these test results for the record and made them available to Comcast technicians who were interested in looking at them; most were not. The technicians who visited my home claimed, in most cases, that they were not able to find a problem with my signal; however, in two or three instances, they admitted that the signal needed to be adjusted. In two cases, most recently on March 29, 2011, Comcast claimed that the problem had been referred to "Maintenance" for resolution, yet it has recurred again and again. I have spoken by phone with two different Comcast supervisors, who would not reveal their names I (the ID# of the first who called me, I believe, in February of this year, was 157 or 147), and have been assured that the problem would be addressed, without results. On May 15, 2011, during the last such call, the gentleman agreed to issue a one-month credit for the Internet service portion of my statement, after I had informed him of my intent to suspend payment of that portion. I told him that that was not sufficient compensation for the years of intermittent and unreliable Internet service that I had to tolerate because of Comcast's monopoly on broadband service in my area. My service remains unreliable and intermittent to this date.

I am calling this matter to your attention because I am considering the possibility of initiating a class-action law suit against Comcast for non-performance of service, unless I receive the reliable high-speed Internet service Comcast promises.

Sincerely,

HHB

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Internet Service.

Comments

cohena2

You do realize that you like all other Comcast internet customers are on a grid and the more customers on your grid the slower your internet connection will be. But then again you're an IT professional and probably already knew that.

Also as long as you're able to connect to the internet then Comcast has done its job. It is not their responsibility to make sure your voice over IP works.

Thats your responsibility. Quit whining like a d@mn baby.

XFAILITY/COMCRAP. I worked at the Lynnwood, WA call center where a fat sup named Kim Edwards sent email telling to work off the clock without pay.

We were fired when we complained to HR, but Kim (who is on her 4th husband) still works there.

We are going to win a class action lawsuit against them. call retention dept and ask for discounts/promos.

MSMD01: TCP is waiting too long for data

I have the same problem and I pay $69.99 a month for this so-called high speed internet, They are ripping everyone off.

I hate Comcast worse that I do Barack Obama.

I had 4 service calls scheduled with Comcast and they were a no show all 4 times. They suck!

Give me his e-mail address so I can do the same . My service sucks.