Portland, Oregon

Comcast decided that they would ad an equipment fee out of the blue to my monthly bill, even though I've never had any new "equipment" in the 3 years of obtaining service. Customer service is the worst of any company i've ever spoken with, They told me if I wanted to talk to a senior supervisor it would be 48-72 hours.

I canceled my service immediately and will never again be a comcast customer. A great way to start the christmas season.

Beware of this company and their deceitful practices. They didn't raise their service fee and they weren't allowed to do in the 3 years contract, but they added an "equipment fee."

Comments

I filed a complain in BBB.org 2 weeks ago.

Today, Comcast call me and have no answers to my questions:

1) Why, after 4 years contract with no equipment fee, you guys starting charging me that ?

2) Why I can't have my own modem to avoid this fee ?

So, they sad they will check it out and later will let know.

I call them twice and with the same issue.

First, they told me to buy my own modem to avoid the fee. When I call back to see the model I need to buy, they explain me this:

If you buy your own modem, you cannot have static ip.

So, they forcing me to pay the equipment fee because they know I need static IP. If I decide to use my own modem, I can't have static IP.

Doesn't make any sense.

If somebody wants to go againt Comcast, count with me.

I am another angry business customer who thought a signed three year contract meant I didn't have to worry about new fees. Evidently, Comcast can afford enough sleazy lawyers to write these contracts in a way that allows them to change the terms at will.

I will either eat the cancellation fee or cancel as soon as my contract expires.

If they can change terms, I am sure I can't depend on them for my business. I will rent space at a data center and us DSL for my home.

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine

FTC hits Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with $500,000 fine. Brian needs to reread the Comcast code of conduct where he tells employees he will not tolerate dishonesty from us. Why is he on Obama's jobs council? He should be fired. Do as I say, not as I do. Your slogan about "change you can believe in" should really be "the more things change the more they stay the same".

Comcast gave a deal on their Business class internet. Although the service is constantly interrupted for servicing of the lines, they have more or less been reliable.

This Christmas, they decided to give a rate increase. They said it was in the fine print of my November bill, although I could not find it anywhere.

I spoke to TASHA in their customer service, who refused to help me. If you speak to TASHA she will be rude and unhelpful. I tried to be as polite as I could when I explained my situation, but she seemed upset that I would even take the time to complain about a rate increase. A very rude, unhelpful person.

They refuse to drop this new 'Equipment Fee,' even though the modem was originally included in the package. It's the old bait and switch.

All I want is for them to agree to charge me what the contract says, and they refuse.

Plain and simple, Customers need to form a class action against Comcast(now Xfinity)for,

A- Price gouging.

B- Unfair business practices.

C- Lying to customers (Bait & Switch tactics).

D- Fraudulent Billing Practices.

E- Changing customers packages and rates without notifying customers in advance.

*** Forcing customers to rent equipment that they don't really need or want just to raise the customers monthly bill for service.

G- Forcing customers to upgrade to a higher prices service and threatening to cut service or take away features if they refuse to upgrade.

H- False advertising.

There you have it folks, 8 good and valid reasons for a class action against Comcast.

The problem is for some reason people are afraid of forming a class action against this company...