I attempted to send the following message to Tom Karinshak at Comcast through multiple channels. Comcast does all it can to make sure the make who should be accountable for these problems does not know about them.

Bad management. Bad provider.

----------------------

Mr. Karinshak:

You company’s website makes it all but impossible to contact you via email. I suspect that is because your subordinated want to avoid having you learn of just how poorly they treat your customers.

I have Comcast internet service in Chicago.

I used to have Comcast cable television as well. However, after a year of lying to me about Comcast working to solve a problem, I ended up suing Comcast and winning a settlement.

Yesterday I went only to inquire about your new streaming television service. In the process, I was asked for my mobile phone number as a backup if I have problems logging in. I provided it, but your system said my mobile phone number was in use by another account. After a few very frustrating tries, I called Comcast.

I wasted 30 minutes with a level support person.

1. She was poorly train. That is not her fault, that is someone for which you and your team should be accountable. That makes it your fault.

2. The background noise in her call center was so consistently loud that it was difficult to understand her over the background noise. According to the website, call centers are your responsibility. Apparently you are too cheap to put your staff in a workspace where noise from other conversations does not saturate the background. That makes it your fault.

3. After more than 20 minutes with no progress, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor. I had to ask more than five times before my polite request was granted. I don’t know whether it is poor training or whether your staff decline to connect a supervisor because it would hurt their performance review. Frankly, I don’t care. It is a bad customer experience when this happens. That makes it your fault.

4. I spoke with a supervisor for about 10 minutes. She determined that my mobile number had been used on another account – one for my condo association. Fair enough. However, that account was closed, and there was no reason that my mobile number could not be associated with my home Internet account other than issuers solely under the contract of Comcast. Again, your fault.

5. The supervisor was unable to send my mobile number a text message to confirm that you had the right phone number. I was asked to turn my phone off and on again. Nonsense, that would have wasted more of my time. I told the supervisor that I was received text messages from others while we were talking and that recycling my phone was wasting my time.

6. Finally the supervisor said that the call had to be escalated. She said that there was a 45 minute wait. She urged me to hang up and wait to be called back. She made a service level commitment that either she or the level two support staff would call me within one hour.

7. It’s been over 20 hours, an no one has called. Your fault that your people do not honor service level commitments.

Again, the reason I called in the first place was to possible add a new service from Comcast. As a result of this colossal waste of my time, I will not be expanding service with Comcast. I think it should be clear why I would not want to send more business to a company what as mistreated me in the past (to the point of suing you) and continued to mistreat me.

Comcast likes to survey its customers. I have a brief survey for you. Please answer these simple questions:

1. Comcast call center staff should be adequately trained to handle simple requests:

Strongly Disagree

2. Comcast call centers should be designed so that background noise from Comcast employees does not interfere with callers’ ability to hear the Comcast employee they are speaking with:

Strongly Disagree

3. A Comcast customers who requests to speak with a supervisor should only have to make that request once before it is honored:

Strongly Disagree

4. When a Comcast supervisor makes a service level commitment, it should always be honored:

Strongly Disagree

5. If a company you do business with treated you as described above (items 1-7), you would want to do business with that company:

Strongly Disagree

If I do not get a response from Tom Karinshak by Monday, September 10, I will post this email on the Internet so that Comcast customers and potential Comcast customers will better understand that they are dealing with a company that treats customers as described above.

Product or Service Mentioned: Comcast Technical Support.

Preferred solution: I would like a written response from the man in charge: Tom Karinshak.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 04.

Comments

I am currenly going through a similar experiece in dealing with Comcast support. A Call Center overseas, horrific connection to that call center, limited English at Comcast's end, etc.

It's Sunday, I've wasted more than half the day only to find out the techs aren't coming out to fix a low hanging line to my house. They were supposed to call with an ETA (10:30am).. No calls at all from them. I called the Customer Service line, 3 tries and a dead phone number provided by a rep.

Another hour shot. So, apparently I've been scheduled for Monday with no time window beyond all day and no effort made to inform me, the customer. I had to find this out by basically tearing the head off the representative. I asked repeatedly to speak to a supervisor, waited several minutes not knowing if I'd been hung up on, and got more run around.

Looking at my options for dumping Comcast in the Sacramento, CA region...

they all get horrific reviews. Next stop, our metropolitan cable commission to lodge a complaint, which will go nowhere.