Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Comcast in Latrobe, Pennsylvania - Overbilling-Contractor error

Comcast never shut my svc off at my old apt. Took them 3 wks to install at new place. Told me they never received a cancellation. Without cable for 1 month, charge me a old place because they never shut off svc. then tell me I am late & charge fee for new address. Send an independent contractor which I asked them NOT to do, didn't even have his own drill, borrowed mine, did a *** job, then drilled through my new carpet, and snagged it & put a run the whole length of the carpet. Then after I complain, they send another "contractor" to finish the job half- assed, drill through walls, because they don't want to run the cable outside along the house in the cold. Then they tell me I can't have my credits on my new bill, because I owe for 2 months of svc they forgot 2 shut off at the old place! They are ***-artists, & extortionists. And on top of that, the svc they installed doesn't even work right, & I have asked them to come fix it twice.

Comcast sucks!

Comcast took over local Insight services. Immediately they throttled the bandwith. I had a steady 10 meg download and now it is a 3.5 meg. My emails resulted in the same usless dribble about how it was my equipment that was actually checked by Insight technicians 3 days before the switch and everything was fine. Now they offer Speedboost to increase your speed for a extra fee. *** money hungry conglomerate that does not care about anything but making big business money. They can go *** down a rathole for all I care. Boycott and find another service! There are many to choose from.

What does separate the internet from the cable mean?

Incompetent Comcast Employers and its independent contractors

I have been battling with Comcast since November 2007 and my issue still has not been resolved. They are falsely charging me for a cable box that I voluntarily gave the Comcast technician and they have even gone so far as to have placed me with a collection agency for something I no longer have in my possession. Now they are threatening to put this on my credit. I have talked to several customer service reps and only one manager. I have had three customer service reps fill out investigation form that continue to get overlooked. I have called the collection agency to dispute the charges and in return has written me a very unpleasant letter stating that I refuse to pay the charges and that my time to make a dispute has passed. The collection agency and Comcast are the most incompetent money hungry, and unprofessional companies I have ever seen. Something needs to be done about this to get this off my credit or prevent it from getting on my credit report. Any suggestions to who I can write to resolve this mess that I am not responsible for?

the only thing you can do are two things and both will take a little time, and neither should have needed to be done, but if you want to have it taken care of you have to.

1. write a letter to each of the three credit reporting agencies, you can get the addresses off the internet - it's a pain but you have to do it.

2. call your state Att. General's office, forget the BBC, they have an agenda of keeping jobs in the area nomatter how shotty the work, the AG in your state is ellected, and I've not seen one yet that is not seeking a higher office, USE THEM, they use YOU!!! the AG with the power of the whole state behind him or her can put the fire under supervisor of the supervisor of the supervisor of the the little tart on the phone thats giving you a hard time, and don't forget about the public service commision, they cover mostly electric-water and gas, but may cover other things as well. I've used them quite effectively for issues with xcel here in Denver with results in as litte as 30min!!!

Good Luck and don't wait for them, cover yourself.

because of many of the post here, I cancelled my direct tv before installation was complete because of changes to a contract I had yet to see.

Review
Comcast consistently does not send us a monthly bill and then charges us a late fee the next month. This is the 2nd month in a row that this has happened and the 4th time since we started using Comcast. The customer service is AWFUL and rude! When I called most...

since november of 2012 my cable internet has been ***. I call comcast every week and they send out a tech,tech can't figure out what the problem is....it is NOT my house nor the cable IN my house.

the customer service guy can see something is wrong but the techs just can't figure out what is screwing my connection up. I have had just about every tech in a truck out here and it's like going to a mob party....nobody see's nuttin. The 1st hop (the pedastal) should NOT have a 50-1400ms hop.

Prior to Nov. 2012 it was ZERO (0ms)

View more comments

Comcast literally Robbed us blind

Comcast is more than terrible. We ordered their Internet service. After a couple months it stopped working. They had a tech come out to our home who deleted my husband's entire machine and then left. Then we moved, and they had an independent contractor install our cable - he cased our home and burglarized it (he gave us a fake name). Comcast refused to give us the tech name for us to pass along to the police. We had to have them out again when we moved- and the same guy who deleted the machine - drilled holes in our house where he wasn't supposed to, climbed into the attic and put cracks in the ceiling - didn't connect the cable (when he left all but one were not working) - failed to separate the Internet from the cable which caused a short - and they refuse to honor their agreement for giving us a credit. The local guy has lied to us and put remarks in our account so we keep getting rerouted to either him or his supervisor who just basically laugh at us. My husband needs the Internet for his business - and they are the only game in town.

I thought this was internet on the topic,

@Confused

I live in Ft. Lauderdale in a condo.

Dishes (as used by Direct TV and others) are not allowed to be connected to any part of the building or the grounds. Comcast is the ONLY alternative and they know it and take full advantage of it.

First if you were robbed, I would hope you filed a police report, with any information that you have. That would be the first step. I am sure we would be able to work with them so they could question the person to your home. I am not sure what you mean separate internet from cable? They both come through the same line. I am happy it was all resolved in the end. If you do need assistance, email us.

Frank Eliason

Comcast

We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

what kind of isolated place do you live in.. How can Comcast be the only game?

Disgruntled Ford Owner

Comcast is not a nice company. We had them for a few years because there was no alternative. We moved out of our apartment into a house a year & a half ago. A rental, not ours. We went ahead and just transferred our service for the time being as it was easier than finding a new company until we were settled in.

They sent out a tech who proceeded to go into each room and cut the connectors in each room that was not getting a box. Did I already say this was a RENTAL? Not our house, and he destroys something that was perfectly functional prior to his touching it?

Needless to say we quickly did our research and switched to a local provider who bundled our phone service Both a main house line & fax line, and our internet & my daughters wireless plan into the TV package and we now pay LESS than we were paying for Comcast for just TV service!

But it doesn't end there. I walked those boxes in myself & turned them in, making sure to get a receipt. I'll be darned if I didn't spend another 2 months arguing with them about turning me IMMEDIATELY over to collections for unreturned boxes.

It was finally resolved, thanks goodness I keep my documentation.

But I tell you, if Comcast were the only service available.....my family would just have to make do with dvds.

What does separate the internet from the cable mean?

View more comments (5)
Review

Comcast is horrible - class action lawyers help

I have paid Comcast $240 a month for several years for their so called premium channel package. The service is absolutely horrible. Every single time my son and I have sat down to watch a movie using video on demand we get an error. I’ve customer service for several weeks now. Each time they say “we are experiencing system wide problems.” I would be a willing volunteer as the lead plaintiff if a class action lawyer is willing to take my case. They are ripping consumers off and I’m sick of it as I’m sure many, many others are as well. Class action lawyers please email joseph_freedman@yahoo.com!
Loss

Comcast in Reston, Virginia - Lousy service in Harrisburg PA

Scheduled comcast to come to my home for cable installation on 2/16/2008 in Harrisburg PA. Service person came, did a little work, happened to trip the circuit accidently. Lost power in the front living area, he became scared, packed up his tools, scampered to the door stating couldn't do anything else. Not his fault, can't fix it, must leave for another job. No cable, no explaination, no response from the company, but a too bad so sad, can't get back there until 3/1. Comcast sucks in customer service, qualified technicians, ansering their phones. Run to dish network.

Comcast, poor customer service

Scheduled to upgrade my cable TV to include Phone and Internet access...the service man disconnected my phone on FEB 14th and failed to connect service. After many phone calls to the company's contact number 713-341-1000, I became irate due to the fact that this company has no communication skills with it's field staff and do not assist there customers (although I advised them that I needed my local phone for Emergency use)...it was continually difficult to speak to anyone about the initial phone person, each 'supervisor' I spoke to advised me there was nothing they could do...one kept saying "I'm afraid...." at which I advised they should be afraid..if this was the service they provided. In addition to calling the company (at least 4 times) I also emailed the Vice President of Customer Service...who guaranteed 24 hour contact...I received no contact via email or phone. I continually asked the customer service person (supervisors) for the address of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) and was advised that they do not have that address...that I should look it up on line (I can only presume they assume I have internet...apparently not thru them tho...as they haven't connected me yet). As service providers to my area, I feel they have a certain Monopoly and feel they do not need to provide "good" customer service... The service I have received up to this point is beyond POOR.

you people are complete idiots - its not comcast's job to sign your contract - if you lose the paper work THAT IS YOUR FAULT not comcast - they are a cable company not a daycare service. Also a promo that is put out for NEW customers is for NEW customers not for some jack *** who feels he should get special treatment

I just switch over from another service to comcast and I agree it is the worst service of any utility service I have ever had. I do not like nothing about comcast to put in words all the issues would take a long long time.

They are extremely UNPROFESSIONAL.

They did not port my line as promise. They quote me one price over the phone and when the tech showed up he had something different and then said the sells people say anything for a sell (its all lies) when the first tech show up he said he was new on the job and didnt know much, so he had to call the TECH DEPT for help, but he had to pretend like he was a CONSUMER ...otherwise he would be charged. He didnt know basic things to get the job done...the SECOND tech although knowledgeable and capable was able to move the line ...except he could not move the line where I wanted it, because COMCAST didn't have my original number ported as promised by several indivduals.

THe second tech and the complaint department told me the first tech was fired for stealing..imagine they sent a theif to my house ..... I just dont believe COMCAST has so so many issues...its a horrible company and their work is really substandard...now they are sending me a bill for shoty work I am so so dissappointed and wish I had left things the way they were

May 30th a Comcast tech came to hook up my cable for a 12 month digital cable promo that included HBO. I have a receipt and everything.

Yesterday I called Comcast, when I realized that my HBO was not working. They claimed that I was suppose to sign a contract that I didn't know was coming in the mail, and since I didn't, they moved me to a six month promo. By the way, they took me off the six month promo one month early. I am currently on the regular contract rate.

They are dishonest, and apparently banking on people losing their paperwork. Not me, not today!

I dumped ***-cast and dropped their cable from my home. It now sits across the street in a pile at the base of a pole.

They (initally) offered the $99.00/month deal for cable, tv and telephone to new customers only. I called and wanted the same deal. They told me no, new customers only. O.k.

A new cable outfit came to town. I successfully changed EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON MY STREET (SAVE FOR 2) OVER TO THE NEW CABLE COMPANY. The new cable companyis 100 times better. They give MORE FOR LESS.

Over a year later and it is still a bed of roses. If you can dump ***-cast, I would do so.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Comcast cable just Bites!

Seriously, if there was something better out there...EVERYONE would get it. It's just really sad that we have to deal with *** customer service rep's who have a mean streak a mile wide every day. I realize it must suck to work there for that pay too but suck it up and stop being to friggen angry and taking it out on people who call in. There's always Walmart people!! You could be working there ya know so lighten up! And DO NOT get me started on how rude the contractors are when they are in your home!

I agree. For whatever reason, I have been completely cut off from all of my email!

I have service at my house but for the past week, people have been calling me to tell me that their emails to me keep getting bounced back. So outside of the ridiculous prices I spend on BASIC cable and the underwhelming download speeds, I'm now the victim of someone driving by and knocking over my mailbox with a baseball bat.

I've already had Cavalier at my office with very little incident and it seems like they now win my personal account as well. Has this happened to anyone else?

For whatever reason, I have been completely cut off from all of my email! I have service at my house but for the past week, people have been calling me to tell me that their emails to me keeep getting bounced back.

View more comments (1)
Review
I pay $60 a month for cable and received about 75 channels including unwanted shopping channels. Comcast recently removed a substantial number of long time standard watchable channels to its “Digital lineup”. As I was paying for access to these channels...

No, you need 2 contact your states attorney generals office!

View more comments